Hood Insulation Pad

Bronco101

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:11 AM, Engr146 said:

Just paid $132 to buy it from ford parts dept.I could not believe it was missing on my new 2019  SEL I believe it protects hood paint, soundproofing,insulation and keeps wiper fluid lines from heat dry rot.it snapped rite in place with included clips.

So...was it worth it?  Did it cut down engine noise or provide a quieter interior? 

Was it easy to install??

Any other advantages to spend for it?

Thanks

CVCashmere

On 2/15/2020 at 11:13 PM, CVCashmere said:

So...was it worth it?  Did it cut down engine noise or provide a quieter interior? 

Was it easy to install??

Any other advantages to spend for it?

Thanks

CVCashmere

I bought one for my 2019.  Yes I find it did cut down on the noise.

The install is really easy.  The clips are included with the pad. 

It just looks better with it installed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 11:11 AM, Engr146 said:

Just paid $132 to buy it from ford parts dept.I could not believe it was missing on my new 2019  SEL I believe it protects hood paint, soundproofing,insulation and keeps wiper fluid lines from heat dry rot.it snapped rite in place with included clips.

thanks for the info!  when I look at the hood insulation, they do not state that the clips come with automatically.  Did you have to pay extra for the clips, or were they in the box when the insulation came?  I am thinking about ordering one, and do not want to pay twice for clips.

thanks

CVCashmere

10 hours ago, CVCashmere said:

Did you have to pay extra for the clips, or were they in the box when the insulation came?

An earlier post in this thread (Engr146) confirmed clips are included with the pad.

Edited by Gadgetjq
Removed link to earlier post

Hello Gadgetjq and All:

I had a logical reason to ask Engr146 the question. 

He did state the facts as you mentioned...but the dealer may have given him one price for the clips and the pad, and he may/may not have been aware of it.   The online dealers show that pad but NOT the clips.

That is why I wanted to hear if he paid extra for the clips, so that when I order my pad, I do not pay twice for them. BTW...the price at Levittown Ford is significantly cheaper than the price some are paying at the dealer.  That's why I wanted to compare price with equal content.

The pad is on my list after the luggage cover, which Levittown Ford offers a good price on.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Just paid $132 to buy it from ford parts dept.I could not believe it was missing on my new 2019  SEL I believe it protects hood paint, soundproofing,insulation and keeps wiper fluid lines from heat dry rot.it snapped rite in place with included.

sorry for late reply,swordfish clips come included in the plastic package ,everything ready to just snap in under hood,just make sure there all in place before you fit it,,one dropped out and fell down below engine,caught by plastic skid plate.