I hate this car. Plastic parts falling off and it is crap in 3 inches of snow. 2 parts fell off before the first oil change.

cecil.vandeventer

Ive been in 18 inches of snow and havent had any problems....even on bad gravel roads and 2 to 3 foot snow drifts.  And I have a sport.  I have blizzak DMV2 on.  Im at a loss on how that panel came off?  I have over 100k on my edge and nothing like that has ever happend.  My edge has been immaculate. 

In my (long long time) experience, things don't just fall off.  Generally they're knocked off, pried off or otherwise removed by force or neglect.  With both a mud flap and door panel gone I'd guess there's some abuse going on.  Is someone else driving your car?

Do you have winter tires on the Edge?  From what I've been reading this fall they're not mandatory but very highly recommended if you'll be driving in inches deep snow.

I bought this brand new and have only driven it on the interstate. The plastic cover for the fuel lines was dragging when I pulled into town. Then the bottom trim on my door fell off some where between here and the grocery store. It has hard rubber Hankook tires and gets 21 to 24 mpg. It isn't even due for its first oil change.

30 minutes ago, cecil.vandeventer said:

I bought this brand new and have only driven it on the interstate. The plastic cover for the fuel lines was dragging when I pulled into town. Then the bottom trim on my door fell off some where between here and the grocery store. It has hard rubber Hankook tires and gets 21 to 24 mpg. It isn't even due for its first oil change.

take it back man, that sounds weird.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cecil.vandeventer said:

and let me iterate, our edge is being pushed to the max (500 whp) and sees daily use and yearly snow.  never had an issue.....after 3 years of hard snow use, we had one small corner of the a piece of the under cladding come off. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 9:14 AM, cecil.vandeventer said:

Have you taken it back for the dealership to correct?