New 2016 Ford Edge Sport owner

pigdoc

Just purchased a 2016 Ford Edge Sport.  Although made in 2018, it was first sold in July 2018, and I purchased with 5k miles on it.  I'll use it for my winter driving car, as I drive my 2015 Mustang EB in the warmer weather.  I wanted a 2 row AWD SUV that had more power and better handling than the Santa Fe Sport 2.0T I was driving.  So far I really like this Edge and how it drives.  I drove it back from Florida where I got it, 23.0mpg along the way.  I hope to learn a lot from this forum as I do with the Mustang6g owners forum.  Thanks in advance.

20191220_092123.jpg

20191220_092109.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ONEDGE16 said:

Congrats. Sweet looking ride. Just a question is it a 2016 or a 2018? If it's build in 2018, it would be a 2018 not a 2016. 

Based on CarFax, car was built in 2016, but sold for first time in July 2018.  So the car is a 2016, but warranty clock started in 2018.  Love it so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Special_K said:

Welcome!  It will beat up on your EB mustang if you play your cards right ?

Thanks.  With the Mustang having an 11.4 hp/lb vs 14.0 for the Sport, the EB should have the advantage.  Unless I figure out the proper use of a 'tune', then I would apply to both.  Both are great driving cars.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, pigdoc said:

Thanks.  With the Mustang having an 11.4 hp/lb vs 14.0 for the Sport, the EB should have the advantage.  Unless I figure out the proper use of a 'tune', then I would apply to both.  Both are great driving cars.

Look at my sig.  EB mustangs are a fun chew toy for the edge when setup properly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3