Cold Air intake for 2020 Edge ST??????

Were are the parts?   Ford really hates the Edge ST because they would rather make performance parts  F-150 trunks, Mustang,  the old Taurus SHO, the Focus, and Fiesta.  It bafflers me that for made a vehicle that they will not support.  Why is there even an ST badge.       Planning non buy a BORLA catback exhaust in the near future.   I want a cold air intake for my 2020 Edge ST but no one makes one.   I spoke with AEM  and they have yet to put one in the works.   I feel if we keep contacting them regarding the latest Model ST, they may be willing to create one.    Anyone able to get or custom build a cold air intake for the 2019-20  Edge ST?

let the world know.

3 hours ago, vrdublu said:

Cold air intakes relatively speaking do not add much of anything, spend your money on a worthwhile upgrade ie: tune, instead. Unless of course you're dead set on the CAI.

This is not true, a true CAI does in fact help and has been proven to help.  BUT a short ram intake (sucking hot air from engine bay) does not help with power.

As I posted before CAI do make HP. For every 10* F you can reduce the air temp you gain 1% power. So if you are using under hood air that is 170* and you can get 70* outside air into the engine then you are looking at a 10% increase in HP. On a 2020 ST with 335HP thats a 33.5HP gain. Snmjim and I have both attacked the CAI intake problem different ways with self made and designed CAI. I believe his is a better approach, but by using both of our designs together I believe one could achieve maximum results. . Snmjim's is so well done that adding my sight cover may make little difference but it defiantly would not hurt.  The ST and Sport have what I call a  restricted warm air intake and improvements can be made in flow and temperature that produce real HP. 

Edited by Xtra

1 hour ago, Xtra said:

Just as well, you cannot buy a CAI for the Edge anyway. They are not commercially available at this time. 

On turbocharged cars IA2 temperature is much more relevant than IA temperature. That's why my money would go towards a better intercooler. I was deep into the 600 HP numbers with a stock air box on my other car before I went to an aftermarket unit and it's partially open to the engine bay so not a cold air induction by any means. I had to increase air flow a bit to get to my current numbers of just under 700 HP. Oh yes and a bigger intercooler.

Edited by handfiler
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The stock intake is a CAI.  I do not understand why people call aftermarket intakes CAI's.

More correctly called low restriction intakes.  Done right they definitely add power at higher RPM's and throttle response and faster turbo spool up at lower RPM's  aFe knows how to make good intakes, I've had 2.  This one looks good.

Edited by todd92

I keep wondering why Ford, with all their expensive, degreed, automotive engineers, and multimillion dollar, worldwide research facilities, never figured out that putting to air intake somewhere else would instantly add up to 24 more horsepower?

Years ago I had a business associate who had worked for Chrysler. We had long discussions about automotive engineering. He was extremely knowledgeable about things like this. He talked about how they studied every possible way of squeezing every drol of horsepower out of the powertrain. Squeezing every mpg out of every drop of gas. Granted, automotive engineering has progressed tenfold since then, but so has knowledge. I guess what im ssying is, don't believe the bullshit these aftermarket companies are spreading. If they can do it, Ford would already have done it. 

2 hours ago, enigma-2 said:

I keep wondering why Ford, with all their expensive, degreed, automotive engineers, and multimillion dollar, worldwide research facilities, never figured out that putting to air intake somewhere else would instantly add up to 24 more horsepower?

Years ago I had a business associate who had worked for Chrysler. We had long discussions about automotive engineering. He was extremely knowledgeable about things like this. He talked about how they studied every possible way of squeezing every drol of horsepower out of the powertrain. Squeezing every mpg out of every drop of gas. Granted, automotive engineering has progressed tenfold since then, but so has knowledge. I guess what im ssying is, don't believe the bullshit these aftermarket companies are spreading. If they can do it, Ford would already have done it. 

If you read the fine print on the dyno graph they also did a custom catback, which they don't specify what they did, that the stock pull didn't have. So it's possible they seen the gains they did but it wasn't just because of the intake.

3 hours ago, todd92 said:

Auto manufacturers can't make this type of intake stock because of noise.

They can if they chose to, it comes factory on a bullitt mustang. Granted it is a different market but it shows they can if they chose to and wouldn't have seemed out of place on ST models.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Perblue said:

If you read the fine print on the dyno graph they also did a custom catback, which they don't specify what they did, that the stock pull didn't have. So it's possible they seen the gains they did but it wasn't just because of the intake.

Gains of 8-12 HP more likely if done under controlled conditions using a stock vehicle.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Have created the V3 Cold Air Intake for the Edge ST , Edge Sport and the Lincoln Nautilus with the 2.7EB.  Available  with or with out an Auxiliary Air Intake that removes any snorkel restrictions while providing cool clean air to the engine. To order PM me. You must be a forum member to order. 

The standard V3 CAI installed in a 2016 Edge Sport

V3 TOP- VIEW & SENSOR.jpg

The V3 Cold Air Intake with the optional Aux Air Intake

IMG_9279.JPG

For more info on the V3 go here :                    

Edited by Xtra