End of an Era

lildisco

My CX7 has treated me well over the 9+ years. It was bought certified used with 38,000 miles in June 2011. The purpose of that car was to be a weekend traveler & road trip car. It did several over my time, but having to always pump it full of premium & get around 23 mpg on the highway was never fun. It was a fun car to drive as it handled the twisties OK for being a CUV & always made people do a double take when they got passed by it. 

However, it was starting to show its age & the wife didn't like driving or riding in it because of the ride quality. I really wasn't looking, but found out the Ford is offering 0% financing & all kinds of incentives to move inventory, YAY COVID-19. So we made the decision to trade my CX7 in for a 2020 SEL AWD in Atlas Blue. Obviously this car has way more tech than the 7, but the ride quality is on par with my 2016 SEL FWD Edge, as it should be. 20201012_171135.thumb.jpg.cec52ec9664e91c568c959758cb40d83.jpg

• Like 1

REALLY wanted an ST or Titanium, but couldn't beat the price.  Our 2016 has treated us nicely, so why not continue the trend?  Funny thing is, the down payment between the 2 was about the same & the 2020 was more expensive than hers (Cold Weather Package, AWD, Adaptive Cruise, Lane Centering, Co-Pilot 360, etc.), her payments are $520/month & Mine are $370/month LOL.  Gotta love that 0% financing, rebates & incentives ?

• Like 2

"WWWPerfA_ZN0W", why do you say "the exclusiveness (though tragically) to the 2011 year for the Edge/MKX lineup" ?  :headscratch: Please enlighten me...

Thanks,

Claude.;)

and

"omar302", "Kona Blue" did return in 2016 but it was a lighter shade, not as dark as in 2011. I'm not even sure if it was still called "Kona Blue" in 2016...

Here are two more pics of my girlfriend's '11 MKX ...

DSCN5362.JPG

DSCN3904.JPG

Edited by 2FAST4U
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

"WWWPerfA_ZN0W", why do you say "the exclusiveness (though tragically) to the 2011 year for the Edge/MKX lineup" ?  :headscratch: Please enlighten me...

Thanks,

Claude.;)

and

"omar302", "Kona Blue" did return in 2016 but it was a lighter shade, not as dark as in 2011. I'm not even sure if it was still called "Kona Blue" in 2016...

Here are two more pics of my girlfriend's '11 MKX ...

Kona Blue was offered from 2010 - 2012 on several Ford & Lincoln vehicles. It returned in 2015 - 2020 for certain Ford models. The paint code "L6 M7188" has never changed throughout its availability.

It's my favourite colour.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2FAST4U said:

omar302", "Kona Blue" did return in 2016 but it was a lighter shade, not as dark as in 2011. I'm not even sure if it was still called "Kona Blue" in 2016...

They are the exact same color. Like what @handfiler stated, both have the same color code. I even had some touch up paint left from the 2011 MKX and it matches the 2016 Edge. It was also called Kona Blue in 2016.

The color's shade does differ based on lighting, sometimes looking like dark blue, close to Navy blue. In other lighting conditions it's blue blue, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, WWWPerfA_ZN0W said:

@2FAST4U maybe Ford had already decided only the 2011 MY for Gen 1.5 would get the KB, but production was cut short due to the Fukushima disaster in Japan, where Ford sourced the KB elements from.

Really?... I didn't know that... :shrug:... but one thing I know is that Mazda did have the Kona Blue, code "L6" in 2011.

Claude.

P.S: What's a "2011 MY for Gen 1.5"  ?? :headscratch:

Edited by 2FAST4U