Check charging system warning

my 2012 edge

could be the terminals are not secured properly, either on the battery or the alternator. but it may be in the early throes of alternator failure (worst case scenario).

was it acting up before you put in the new battery?  what prompted the change?

Did you let the BMS relearn the new battery?  Easy way is to unplug every aftermarket device, shut the engine off, lock the vehicle, and walk away for 8+ hours.  During that time, the PCM will test the charging characteristics of the new battery.  Otherwise it will use the old profile from the previous battery, which may not properly charge the new one.

10 minutes ago, my 2012 edge said:

Yes it was acting up the battery died it was 3 years old. Hiw do you rest the bms? Is locking the vehicle overnight enough?

yes. follow my instructions in the post above.  should work.  on the offchance that it does not, the dealer may have to manually reset the BMS thru software, OR you can do it yourself with Forscan for Windows + Extended License.

Do you have a fuse you can pull for the remote start?  If not, it is what it is, I guess.

• 7 months later...

What was weird for me this week is other than "No Key Detected", I never got any indication of a battery failure/low voltage either before or during my week long issue with a bad battery.  

no check engine light, code, alternator charging idiot light, nothing.  There was no way that I could find to see any voltage display on any screen in my Limited.  

Until the battery went dead, I had zero issues or warning.  Not cool at 11:15 pm after a long shift at work.

Only  after I removed the dead battery and switched it out for an  rv battery that I had did I get a motor symbol on the dash.

• 1 month later...

I also have an issue with "Check Charging System Warning" light in 2012 Ford Edge Limited. I replaced the battery and altenator. The light still comes on, but it doesn't shut off like it did before new altenator. Most of the time it seems to come on when the air compressor comes on. Sometimes it's on for a second and others for a few minutes. I have no aftermarket additions and have left it untouched and locked for days. I'll try the forscan because I prefer to DIY.

29 minutes ago, Bertelle said:

I also have an issue with "Check Charging System Warning" light in 2012 Ford Edge Limited. I replaced the battery and altenator. The light still comes on, but it doesn't shut off like it did before new altenator. Most of the time it seems to come on when the air compressor comes on. Sometimes it's on for a second and others for a few minutes. I have no aftermarket additions and have left it untouched and locked for days. I'll try the forscan because I prefer to DIY.

If the charge warning is coming on when the AC compressor is on, then check the aux belt tension.