Lane keeping system

2FAST4U

I tried it a couple of times when I first bought the car and haven't since. I have yet to try the park assist. I still prefer to rely on my driving skills and maintaining an awareness of my surroundings when I drive. It might just be the result of survival skills I've learned from several decades of owning street bikes.

Edited by handfiler
grammar

I tried it a couple of times and then shut it off.  The car is so smart that if you remove hands from steering wheel it will alert to put hands on steering  wheel.  Park assist is fun to play with and it actually works good, try it out at least once. The other thing I turned off is the auto dim headlights, found that they would dim to often even when bright reflector type signs were ahead.

I use it quite often. I LOVE driving & it can be a hinderance when the lines aren't marked clearly, but it's there to keep you in the lane. I don't have the audio notification, I just use the vibration notification. I think that it would help people use their turn signals more than they would. It's not a replacement for paying attention to the road, but it's a nice tool to have. 

Used it on a trip from Ohio to Florida & back & was very nice to 'relax' a bit while on those long stretches of highway. 

Edited by lildisco
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...