AGM Battery recommendation

DHM

Would anyone happen to have a recommendation for an AGM battery with excellent reserve capacity and CCA for a 2015 Edge SEL 3.5L?  I am having a hard time getting an AGM recommendation for this year and model.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.

I am new to posting so please forgive if my form is not correct.

An Odyssey or Northstar are you best bets for the highest CCAs in any AGM Battery size.

Parts store branded batteries have less CCAs, but still a worthwhile upgrade if you have the smaller of the 2 oem batteries.

Motorcraft is a decent alternative, but reliability can be somewhat unpredictable. 

always check the production date and battery voltage/CCAs at time of purchase to ensure the best outcome.

Note that many battery group sizes are very similar, so don't be discouraged if you don't see the exact size the mfr specifies.

https://www.batteryweb.com/bci

as a reference.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your assistance.  I am having a hard time determining group size for my car, but it is probably just my lack of expertise. 

I checked the 2015 forum for relevant posts, but did not post the same message I posted here.  I will do that.

Thanks again,

David

Personally I'd just go with what the vehicle came with.  The BMS (battery management/maintenance system) is setup for what it came with.  I recently had to replace the battery in my 16 Sport and while it was tempting to get a higher CCA amp I just bought one that matched the OEM specs.  The original lasted 4.5 years.  I figured that was pretty good considering I hear stories of newer vehicles eating batteries every 3 years or sooner,

Edited by jmr061
  • Like 2

Ford offers an OEM H6 size AGM battery for your 2015 SEL. 

Ford part #  (BAGM-48H6-760)  48Amp hours and 760CCA. Almost every battery manufacturer that offers AGM batteries has an H6 size battery.  I ended up with a Pep Boys Champinion AGM H6 Battery for around $200 48AH and 760CCA at 0*F at 32*f it has 950 cranking amps. To get the Ford battery I had to wait for it to be shipped, and it cost more.  Pep Boys had one in stock and I needed it right now. After I installed it I put it on a charger and topped it off. It has been flawless so far.  The battery tray is designed to hold different size batteries including the H6. If price is no object and you want the best go with an Odyssey or Northstar as WWWPerfA_ZNOW suggests. They both offer the H6 size. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...