Dragon's Tail and an EDGE ST

circatee

Well, I took my 2020 EDGE ST to the Dragon's Tail today. I have never been before, and I must say it was an interesting 11+ miles. I travelled from Kennesaw, GA to North Carolina, and then into Tennessee, for the return trip. 

Honestly, a shame that when I had my 2018 Mustang GT PP, I didn't take it on the Dragon's Tail run.

I will add, a shame some of the bikers kept riding in the centre of the lanes. All it would have taken would have been for me to not take a corner properly, and for a biker, coming in the opposite direction, to go flying because they were riding in the middle of the road. 

Besides that, it wasn't a bad trip. I do feel bloody exhausted though. 

PS: Waiting for photos to be posted on 129photos.com. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Been on the Dragon several times, always on bikes. Many accidents and one in our group went over the edge, luckily only scrapped up except his bike. Whether cars, bikes or small trucks it is a dangerous road and you can easily be run off it.

Never tried to do it "timed" as I didn't want to get hurt, and stopped doing it after my friend's accident, separate from the one mentioned above above.

• Like 1

I'm only about 1.5 hours away, done several "spirited" runs. I enjoy it.

There are times when you will deal with less traffic of an type, like weekdays, early to mid morning.

I have done a couple 330am runs, down and back..

One time I stopped at the overlook on the way back up, (pitch black, not sure why i bothered), turned back to look at the car and saw this..

?

2021-09-25 05.04.20.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We have a little twisty here in Anna Texas. I always like driving my 92 Gt Mustang down

that little road. Eibach springs and sway-bars and 275 17s, Cobra Brake Kit. Needless

to say it will go around a corner, stiffly. I would never push the 08 Edge Limited that hard.

Now with the 22 ST even the wife does not grab hold of the dash, grab handles etc.

She even stated she like it and feels safer (smoother Ride) than the 'Stang. Active stability

and roll control kicks in and one can feel the brakes helping steer around a corner. Next time

I'll try Sport mode. The twisty road is 455 going west of 75 in Anna... Have fun.

• Like 1

Also try double clicking the ESC button twice to put the Advancetrac into sport mode. Kind of a hidden gem of the Edge St that is not in the owner's manual.

I live in warm weather (So Cal), and I got the optional performance brake and wheel package. The 21" Pirelli PZeros are like glue! My 2019 Fiesta ST handled like a go cart! But the Edge St is a performance beast for sure!

• Thanks 1

Tail of the Dragon was fun.

Ran it in 2016 with my 2015 Focus ST. 

Lots of bikes and some liked to ride my tail dangerously close. 

Hardest part was following and watching and lauging the guy in a 1990s Surburban trying to hotlap it.

• Haha 1