New to the Edge game

lazerred95gt

Hey all, 

Just picked up my first Edge last week and been snooping around here for a few days so I figured I'd introduce myself. 

I managed to score a 2008 Limited AWD for a pretty good deal, was originally looking for an Explorer but they tended to be a little more pricey than I was looking to spend.

So far so good with the Edge, I am going to have to do the basics already though (TSS & OSS sensor replacements, and that damn drivers door latch assembly!) 

But other than that for what I got it for, it is worth a little elbow grease. It's got the normal wear and tear, dents and dings for a 13 year old car but in IL if you find something

that isn't all rusted to hell that is this old it's a score!!

Look forward to snoopin some more and chatting when I may have something useful to say. 

Cheers,

Mike

20210812_191903.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 8:17 PM, lazerred95gt said:

So far so good with the Edge, I am going to have to do the basics already though (TSS & OSS sensor replacements, and that damn drivers door latch assembly!) 

I'd add, first things first. Change transmission fluid, coolant (to new green after flush), change plugs (if it hasn't already been done) and change PTU fluid. (These are important).

Followed later by changing brake fluid, differential fluid, power steering fluid and don't forget to change the cabin air filter. 

Great buy! Should get many good years out of her. Named her yet? 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

^^^^Ditto on changing+maintaining all fluids. Especially the PTU GearOil, assuming it's AWD?

Consider installing a PTU Drain+Fill per the threads below, so it can be easily+frequently serviced.

https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/23396-ptu-drain-plug-drill-and-tap/?do=findComment&comment=219556

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1665303-2007-2011-ford-edgeawd-ptu-mod-for-easy-oilchange.html

Again welcome to the herd!