570 Wheel HP!

Special_K

That is an amazing amount of power, congratulations, you are way over 600 hp at the crank. In fact, the stock Sport has 315HP at the crank and you have doubled that and then some B)..   I noticed that the dyno in the photo is FWD.  Did you disconnect the rear wheels some how?  Without a doubt you have the worlds fastest Edge, and I see a 11 second pass and another world record in your future. 

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 3

This is insane. Do you have any in-depth build lists or video of your setup? I'm curious was the limits of this engine are. Is this a stock internals motor? There's no telling how far you can push an iron block.

Edit: I just saw your sig with the 3.0tt swap which I guess is aluminum? I just learned about the 2.7 being a CGI block. Didn't realize a swap was an option. Crazy how much modding you can do to a crossover. 

Edited by itsnotdustin
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 3:44 PM, Xtra said:

That is an amazing amount of power, congratulations, you are way over 600 hp at the crank. In fact, the stock Sport has 315HP at the crank and you have doubled that and then some B)..   I noticed that the dyno in the photo is FWD.  Did you disconnect the rear wheels some how?  Without a doubt you have the worlds fastest Edge, and I see a 11 second pass and another world record in your future. 

Yea thats all they had available for right now and we wanted a benchmark just to see where we are before we figure the fuel out, so we disconnected the driveshaft.  Once we figure out the rear coupler we will be hitting up the track for sure!

On 9/14/2021 at 9:57 AM, itsnotdustin said:

This is insane. Do you have any in-depth build lists or video of your setup? I'm curious was the limits of this engine are. Is this a stock internals motor? There's no telling how far you can push an iron block.

Edit: I just saw your sig with the 3.0tt swap which I guess is aluminum? I just learned about the 2.7 being a CGI block. Didn't realize a swap was an option. Crazy how much modding you can do to a crossover. 

Thanks man!  most of the engine parts are in the sig, this whole build is done on stock internals and the point of it is to the capabilities of the platform without cracking open the engine.  even though ford says the 3.0 is aluminum it is not.  side by side the 2.7 and 3.0 have the same CGI section of the block and the 3.0 is ever so slightly lighter due to being bored im assuming.  The 3.0 is a straight drop in and only need the oil pump parameters changed since its different from the 2.7.   

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2021 at 7:20 PM, Markham12 said:

That is an awesome build. I would buy a vehicle with those numbers for sure. That is approaching trackhawk numbers, which is my dream suv. Someday perhaps. AWD vehicles are fun.

Well here's your lucky opportunity, it just went on the market, make us an offer you just might be surprised!

it's fully bolted with a stock 3.0 TT eco boost and everything in the car is in pristine condition and a fully functional reliable daily driver...???

584 whp & 600+ lbs of AWD torque and continues to get 29 +/- mpg Hwy cruising at 65-70 mph...???

Edited by snmjim
  • Like 3

I am sorry to see you moving on from the Edge platform.  When you first started this journey there were few if any performance parts available for the Edge. You have pushed it to the max and given the Edge community a plethora of bolt on performance parts to work with.  Your legacy will live on as a leader of the Edge performance community. Thank you both snmjim and Special_K  for all you have contributed. You guys rocked it with a world record that will stand for decades !

Edited by Xtra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2022 at 5:05 PM, Xtra said:

I am sorry to see you moving on from the Edge platform.  When you first started this journey there were few if any performance parts available for the Edge. You have pushed it to the max and given the Edge community a plethora of bolt on performance parts to work with.  Your legacy will live on as a leader of the Edge performance community. Thank you both snmjim and Special_K  for all you have contributed. You guys rocked it with a world record that will stand for decades !

Thnx best coast Brother for your kind words of appreciation & recognition.

Just want to reassure everyone that we're not gone and can be reached via the forums and Instagram PM systems.

Stay tuned on our projects progress via Instagram @ fastest_edge

Across the ground or falling from the sky, everything at terminal velocity & beyond???

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, snmjim said:

On 1/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, snmjim said:

Well here's your lucky opportunity, it just went on the market, make us an offer you just might be surprised!

it's fully bolted with a stock 3.0 TT eco boost and everything in the car is in pristine condition and a fully functional reliable daily driver...???

584 whp & 600+ lbs of AWD torque and continues to get 29 +/- mpg Hwy cruising at 65-70 mph...???

That would have been an insane ride for my daily driver. But I would not have a license long with that much power. Hope you found a buyer. 

• Like 2