2024 Edge Center Console tray/organizer

greeman

There's a post in this forum from several years ago.  A shelf was created inside the console.  Unfortunately the photos have all vanished for some reason but you can probably follow the instructions.  Just a couple of thin boards on each side of the console then a lid that spans those boards at whatever height you choose.   Under the lid create as many dividers as you need.   Here's a link to the post: https://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/28578-add-a-shelf-to-your-center-console/?tab=comments#comment-210243

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions. For anyone that needs to know I think I found an alternative solution on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CR45TYH8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 .  I ordered one, seems to take a while to get here.  I think it may be shipped from China.  Will post a photo when/if it arrives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greeman said:

Thanks for the suggestions. For anyone that needs to know I think I found an alternative solution on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CR45TYH8?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 .  I ordered one, seems to take a while to get here.  I think it may be shipped from China.  Will post a photo when/if it arrives.

Great find, and I'll look forward to your review. I have been on the same mission, and I don't believe that part was available even a couple weeks ago. Our 2024 Edge Titanium is missing a number of little niceties that were included on the 2017 model we traded in, and a tray in the console is one of them. The '17 had a nice hinged tray. Really missing passenger-side lumbar support, sprayers on the front and rear cameras, numeric keypad on the door. It's a shame they cheapened the vehicle. 

• Like 1

So, When I bought my 2021 St it came with the tray. I just traded in for a 2024 model and it did not have the tray. I kept the tray from the 2021 and it fits the 2024.

My 2021 also came without the hood insulator blanket. I bought one (from Ford) and it was very easy to install. I transferred it to my 2024. The final item was the rubber pad for the front pass through (between the driver and passenger seat. Seems like these things should have been there.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2024 at 10:40 PM, STBEAST said:

So, When I bought my 2021 St it came with the tray. I just traded in for a 2024 model and it did not have the tray. I kept the tray from the 2021 and it fits the 2024.

My 2021 also came without the hood insulator blanket. I bought one (from Ford) and it was very easy to install. I transferred it to my 2024. The final item was the rubber pad for the front pass through (between the driver and passenger seat. Seems like these things should have been there.

Yea, I saw some of those (org. trays) on ebay and at dealer, but was not sure they would fit.  They were all over $70.  Call me a cheapskate but that is expensive for a little piece of plastic.

I know, right! The little rubber mat for the front pass through was 45.00 bucks. It does feel good to have the things there that should have been there in the first place! That tray is probably worth it though, it is so nice to have it.  

22 hours ago, STBEAST said:

I know, right! The little rubber mat for the front pass through was 45.00 bucks. It does feel good to have the things there that should have been there in the first place! That tray is probably worth it though, it is so nice to have it.  

Never noticed that. Do you have the part number?

Here are the 4 things I did to my 2024:

Hood insulation blanket.

pass through rubber pad.

console tray.

removed the EDGE emblem, kept the ST.

Other than the emblem removal, I did it to complete the vehicle. Not sure if that makes sense but it felt like those things should be there. I love the ST

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, STBEAST said:

Here are the 4 things I did to my 2024:

Hood insulation blanket.

pass through rubber pad.

console tray.

removed the EDGE emblem, kept the ST.

Other than the emblem removal, I did it to complete the vehicle. Not sure if that makes sense but it felt like those things should be there. I love the ST

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Everything looks good except for removing the Edge.  It makes the ST look a little lopsided.  And it looks "empty", like something is missing.  This is just my opinion.

• Like 1

Yes, that was my personal preference. DE badging seems to be a popular thing here in Ca. 

A couple other things I noticed between the 2021 I traded in for my 2024: 

Rear camera washer is gone. 

The glovebox light is gone.

passenger seat is now a 6-way adjustable (2021 was a 10-way)

No more Key-pad on the driver door for keyless entry.

And the 70.00 tray of course.

The glove box light was nice to have.

• Like 1

People use to debadge the Hyundai Genesis when it first came out. Dealers pulled logos and put the "Wings" on it to as an upgrade charge. Funny how similar it is to Aston Martin. Great cars and they knew it,  but they were embarrassed being a Hyundai. Now it's a badge of honor.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, STBEAST said:

Yes, that was my personal preference. DE badging seems to be a popular thing here in Ca. 

Uh, wait.  So you're saying there is no more keyless entry?  Is this just for the ST (I assume your '24 is an ST)?  I don't use the keyless entry a lot, but when I do, it is damn handy.  I would miss it.  Is it still an option for add-on?

15 hours ago, edjunior said:

Uh, wait.  So you're saying there is no more keyless entry?  Is this just for the ST (I assume your '24 is an ST)?  I don't use the keyless entry a lot, but when I do, it is damn handy.  I would miss it.  Is it still an option for add-on?

The SecuriCode keypad underwent some weird changes the last few years.

• 2021 it was standard on SEL and higher
  • 2022 it was standard on ST-Line, Titanium, and ST (now optional on the SEL in the Convenience Package)
  • 2023-2024 it was no longer available on any trim level

I have had this on many of my cars since my 1997 Mark VIII and use it frequently, to this day, even with proximity unlock (Intelligent Access). I don't use it as frequently with my Edge, but my wife does (unfortunately). She locks the vehicle with it instead of the IA handle touch. She will eventually lock the keys in it (you can't with IA) and she doesn't know the code. I use FordPass on my fitness watch that connects to my phone in the cabin to unlock it when I leave everything in it, but it is handy and a backup I use enough to remember my code.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, edjunior said:

The add on one is a mechanical button one like my 2000 Grand Marquis had. I have seen some creative placements of it, like in the fender well or on the roof or in the cowl by the wipers.

$120 for the part, $200-300 for programming (I guess it doesn't program in like a fob like the older ones did). https://accessories.ford.com/keyless-entry-keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start

On 1/21/2024 at 10:37 AM, STBEAST said:

I agree many niceties are gone, it is a much less classy car .

My biggest gripe is the missing backup camera washer.... I had it on my 2019 Titanium but not on the 2024.

Has anyone come up with a retro fit????

Doesnt the Lincoln stable mate have it? 

On 1/21/2024 at 10:37 AM, STBEAST said:

On 1/5/2024 at 9:34 AM, greeman said:

I ordered the same tray a week or two after you posted this. I figured if it didn't fit, it could go back. It definitely took the slow boat from China, but it got here earlier in the week and is perfect. Thanks again for the heads-up on this. It fits fantastic, and saved $50+ over the obscene price Ford gets for this part - especially when it should have been standard to begin with.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 10:22 PM, edjunior said:

Everything looks good except for removing the Edge.  It makes the ST look a little lopsided.  And it looks "empty", like something is missing.  This is just my opinion.

Gotta agree with edjunior.  Nice add ons, but removing the EDGE makes it look like the vehicle was damaged and it was not replaced.   But it is your vehicle to do as you please.

• Like 1