2011 Build Date

thebrave

Ha. I wish I knew that mine was rolling!

I get conflicting info. I think there are two different databases of status.

The folks monitoring the @FordCustService Twitter account have had the most up-to-date info. They are the people that told me it was looking for a train ride to KS.

My dealer and other internet forums have said that it was not produced yet. TBD

I think my dealer gets a weekly report and the twitter folks are Real Time

Consider a private Twitter message to the two people monitoring the acount. They have the latest info.

If you send a public message to @FordCustService then they will follow you. You can then do a private message to them.

(

Tell them Wilson sent you but PLEASE BE NICE with them. I think this is a "in your spare-time" responsibility for them

I think the person helping me is almost as excited about my new ride as I am.

)

You can also post on the blueoval forum - but they are not private messages - it is still someone doing it as an extra to their "real" work so be nice.

Your dealer gets a report weekly, but I have heard that they can get the same info we are getting from twitter or the forum, but at least my sales guy doesn't even have the time to call me on a regular basis. The only thing I wish with ordering this car is that I wasn't locked to the dealership. I am tempted to have a different sales person write up the final. They deserve the commission as much as the one that is supposed to be helping me.

You can also post on the blueoval forum - but they are not private messages - it is still someone doing it as an extra to their "real" work so be nice.

Your dealer gets a report weekly, but I have heard that they can get the same info we are getting from twitter or the forum, but at least my sales guy doesn't even have the time to call me on a regular basis. The only thing I wish with ordering this car is that I wasn't locked to the dealership. I am tempted to have a different sales person write up the final. They deserve the commission as much as the one that is supposed to be helping me.

Don't get me started on the "dealership mentality" ! I want the "Amazon Mentality" when I buy a car. If I had picked another dealer, i would be driving my new Edge now!. I made the mistake of ordering from the nice guys at the local dealership. Their allotment must have been limited to no end! I ordered in May but order didn't hit FORD until Aug. 20

The Oval Forum is using an older database than Twitter folks. cyberdman told me TBD today and Twitter told me On Ramp

AMEN on Amazon! I don't know if I would have gotten it any faster but my choices were "plain evil" "less evil" or "three hour drive" or further or out of state (very common to do in Alaska) I am really hoping for a pin because I want to give them as little commission as possible.

Amazon has spoiled me. I want to know where my stuff is!

On the Twitter support...

^MM is Mary Anne

^JA is JoAnne

It would be great if I could direct some profit to this team

Edited by wilsons66604

Hi Wilson,

Yes just got a message from Ford on Twitter and car in getting ready to be loaded for shipping. I then went to SYNC website and it does show that there is a SYNC Version installed but does not say which one. Does your SYNC also ask you to verify / check your VIN? I think this might have to done once the car arrives at it appears you need to load some software onto the vehicle.

Under "Manage SYNC", then Account Settings, my page has "Check your VIN", then "Vehicle Information" and then "Confirmed Installations". Does that look the same as yours?

thanks,

Hi Wilson,

Yes just got a message from Ford on Twitter and car in getting ready to be loaded for shipping. I then went to SYNC website and it does show that there is a SYNC Version installed but does not say which one. Does your SYNC also ask you to verify / check your VIN? I think this might have to done once the car arrives at it appears you need to load some software onto the vehicle.

Under "Manage SYNC", then Account Settings, my page has "Check your VIN", then "Vehicle Information" and then "Confirmed Installations". Does that look the same as yours?

thanks,

Not sure why "Check your VIN" msg is displayed

This is what mine looks like the attached picture

post-9129-082681900 1284126555_thumb.gif

Amazon has spoiled me. I want to know where my stuff is!

On the Twitter support...

^MM is Mary Anne

^JA is JoAnne

It would be great if I could direct some profit to this team

Interesting - I got still in production from JoAnne today and passing North Dakota on a train from cyberdman. Maybe it is just how much one wants to dig on info for you... I think both are great and I agree that I would rather give them commissions.

Well either way - I haven't heard from my sales guy since the 1st telling me it was supposed to be built that week. Nothing following up saying it was or wasn't. I am hoping for the west coast by monday and maybe on a boat before the end of next week. fingers crossed. Where is your going?

Mine will be looking for a slow ride to Kansas City. It will mostly get on a truck from there and travel 60 miles to my town...Topeka

This is frustrating.

cyberdman still tells me "in production TBD"

NOt sure what is up and who has the most up to date data. Joanne told me I'm on the ramp. Haven't heard anything from Cyberdman so I assume he hasn't seen any update since earlier this week on my car which means it's being built this week. I'll let you know if I get anything back from Cyberdman.

Cyberdman told me now that it is in second stage of production today while Joanne said on the ramp. Yes this is frustrating.

That's sounding more like my situation.

At one point, I noticed someone say that a "Ramp" is just a location in the plant.

Joanne told me...

ur Edge has been received by a carrier at a ramp location

Kinda sounds like we are dealing with different interpretations of the status.

Just get the car to me and I will quit stressing over it!

Edited by wilsons66604

Joanne could be seeing that it is on a ramp to the second upfitters. I don't know how they are doing it that they get different info - but I think there needs to be a big shout out to these folks for helping us out with any info. It is all more than our dealers seem to be doing (with a few exceptions).

I am very grateful for their help. I know I would be going even more crazy with wondering where it was.

Joanne could be seeing that it is on a ramp to the second upfitters. I don't know how they are doing it that they get different info - but I think there needs to be a big shout out to these folks for helping us out with any info. It is all more than our dealers seem to be doing (with a few exceptions).

I am very grateful for their help. I know I would be going even more crazy with wondering where it was.

Check out your Window Stickers

Freddie, you say that your's is still in production and you hav boxes filled in at top of sticker. <<See attachment>>

I don't have that on my sticker,

nor does choff1138 and he is told it's on a train headed to the west coast

Anyone know what those codes are?

Just looked over the window sticker and it is the same as it was when it first saw it last Friday when I was told that it would be built this week. Hmmm..

Check out your Window Stickers

Freddie, you say that your's is still in production and you hav boxes filled in at top of sticker. <<See attachment>>

I don't have that on my sticker,

nor does choff1138 and he is told it's on a train headed to the west coast

Anyone know what those codes are?

Well mine has had 5 of the moxes filled in since the day that I was able to see my sticker so I am not sure if that is the best judge of what is going on with it. Mine was not in the production phase till the 1st and wasnt released to the plant till the 7th and they have been filled in the entire time. Does anyone happen to know what each of the different boxes and codes mean?

Sticker.bmp

Edited by jgilles