2011 Build Date

thebrave

My sticker hasn't changed since the first time I printed it out on 8/18.

My patience is wearing thin... everytime I go by my dealer they have more new Edges and mine is still not there. :banghead: They are selling them as fast as they get them in. I saw a 2011 SEL there today in BRRM. When I looked inside it had the touch screen all taken apart. I was sure glad that one wasn't mine.

At least thanks to cyberdman I have information. I'm all for ordering them via Amazon.com like Wilson suggested. Maybe then the dealer would take notice and provide some customer service. Isn't that why we go to the dealer!

My car has been 20 miles from me since Tuesday. Yet when I talked to the dealer yesterday and asked him the status he said it was still TBD. WTF!! My dealer must think I'm stupid. He's always telling me things that I know aren't true. You'd think they'd try to get my car here as fast as they can just to get me out of their hair.

I wish I would have gone somewhere else. Not once since the day I ordered it, May 13th, has he called me. I've been the one calling to ask if he'd heard anything. I told him I had my VIN. I told him when the build date was scheduled. It P :censored: s me off! And to think he'll get a commission. The commision should be split between me and cyberdman!

Okay enough of my complaining. As long as I get the car in the end that's all I want.

It's a good thing I'm a Ford girl!

Edited by luvford

I think we might all be losing our minds... :banghead:

I am thinking it is an interpretation thing. especially the 'ramp'

and a side note that isn't really important.... but she... not he.... :)

Hubby never thought I would get into picking out a car, has been laughing at me telling him what I find on here - till this morning when I finally scored a pin - now he isn't laughing. I love all of you folks though - and I look forward to continue following this forum.

My salesguy's ears must have been burning!!!!!!!!!

He just called and told me my car was just delivered!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

I get to pick it up tomorrow morning!!! :hyper:

Hopefully it will be sunny and I can get some pictures taken!

I hope you all get your Edges soon too!

Edited by luvford

My salesguy's ears must have been burning!!!!!!!!!

He just called and told me my car was just delivered!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

I get to pick it up tomorrow morning!!! :hyper:

Hopefully it will be sunny and I can get some pictures taken!

I hope you all get your Edges soon too!

Lucky You!!!

Will you be able to sleep tonight?

Maybe I need to do a little rant! :-)

I just called my dealership and was told that mine was still in production. I asked if he was looking at a report or was it a real-time status. It was a report.

After fumbling through several webpages, he was able to get to a website and give a me the same status that Twitter folks gave me. Completed and waiting for a train.

Cyberdman must not be able to pull up real-time status until the car is in transit.

Not sure why "Check your VIN" msg is displayed

This is what mine looks like the attached picture

Well, just checked the "syncmyride" site and everything is fixed now and it shows the exact software installations as yours Wilson. So we're in the same boat at this point. Still hoping that I'll get mine late next week. I'm only a 5 - 6 hour truck ride from Oakville. Fingers and toes crossed.

Dealers are given a monthly build allocation by their regional office, based primarily on their sales rate and their inventory of each vehicle line. 2011 Edge production began in early July Assume your dealership was allocated 3 for July, 3 in Aug. and 3 in Sept. Your order should have been one of the earlier ones submitted, but it may have been one of many. If they were all ordered with a 40 priority, the earliest should be scheduled first. If, however, several orders came in after yours with a higher priority (between 10 [highest dealer priority] and 39), they would be scheduled before yours. So, 40 is bad only if later orders got higher priorities. If there are 9 in the system ahead of you, you might be scheduled in October.

If you happened to order a commodity that is in short supply, that would delay the submission of your order for scheduling. The dealership should know if there are controlled commodities.

Ask your dealership if they placed orders with a higher priority after your order was submitted to Ford. Ask what allocation they had for July and Aug. production, and how many orders have been submitted. (They may not want to share any of this insight with you as you could figure out that they put other orders ahead of yours, after you ordered.) They will want to blame Ford, but dealers contrrol scheduling.

Ask them to get on the locator to see if one is in another dealer's inventory that they can dealer trade for you.

The last time I extended a lease, they let me go for two months at the old rate (plus a week or so at a daily rate.) Same situation, delayed delivery of my new vehicle.

wOW. I ordered on July 23 an MKX, and I just looked at my order confirmation today, and it says Priority 80! It appears this dealer really didn't want my business or gave me a BS story that I would have a vehicle in 6-8 weeks, and then submit my order with such a high priority number. Is there any way that I can have the dealership change this priority number at this stage of the game? What is the highest (crappiest) priority number you can be assigned?

Edited by jschonheiter
  • Like 1

wOW. I ordered on July 23 an MKX, and I just looked at my order confirmation today, and it says Priority 80! It appears this dealer really didn't want my business or gave me a BS story that I would have a vehicle in 6-8 weeks, and then submit my order with such a high priority number. Is there any way that I can have the dealership change this priority number at this stage of the game? What is the highest (crappiest) priority number you can be assigned?

C:\Documents and Settings\Gene\My Documents\Ford dealer discusses orders and allocation - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars.mht see if you can get to this link it tells you all obout ordering new cars.

Dealerships. Ya gotta love 'em

My salesman has been caught in several lies. He had been telling me they had a white lmt on order and due last month. It never showed up and he won't tell me anything about it. Now he says it's a blue sport due in next week.

Next week!? I think they got it in last week.

I just saw the blue sport in the dealership's body shop this morning. Just sitting there with the rear bumper cover on the ground.

They may not be out in out lies but you sure don't get the full story.

Ya gotta love 'em...cuz it's the only way to buy a new car!!

Edited by wilsons66604

Well, just checked the "syncmyride" site and everything is fixed now and it shows the exact software installations as yours Wilson. So we're in the same boat at this point. Still hoping that I'll get mine late next week. I'm only a 5 - 6 hour truck ride from Oakville. Fingers and toes crossed.

Freddie,

As of this morning mine shows all that information also. It says that it was installed yesterday. I was told mine is scheduled to a ramp for monday and according to my sticker it will be traveling by truck also. I am a 5-6 hour drive to so if you happen to be in the Cleveland Ohio area it sounds like our edges might be traveling to Cleveland together.

Freddie,

As of this morning mine shows all that information also. It says that it was installed yesterday. I was told mine is scheduled to a ramp for monday and according to my sticker it will be traveling by truck also. I am a 5-6 hour drive to so if you happen to be in the Cleveland Ohio area it sounds like our edges might be traveling to Cleveland together.

jgilles,

Nope, not travelling together. I'm 6 hours the other way in Ottawa and no border to cross so hoping to have mine by the weekend.

Does anyone know how long they typically sit on the ramp before thay get shipped out? Mine has been there since Friday and I am just curious about how long I should plan on it being there.

Mine was on the ramp for less than a day but all that means is maybe there were more cars going my way to make a load. Have you contact @fordcustservice on twitter. They are the most up to date on status that I know.

Mine was on the ramp for less than a day but all that means is maybe there were more cars going my way to make a load. Have you contact @fordcustservice on twitter. They are the most up to date on status that I know.

Now that mine is in transit, I'm getting the same basic info from @FordCustservice as I'm getting from cyberdman

cyberdman gives me more detail though

My rail is now Norfolk Southern and I was given TTGX988857 when it started out on Candian national.

Was this your railway? If so, can you share the URL where you were able to search?

thanks

Wilson,

Mine started out on Canadian National and then transfered to Norfolk Southern too.

I called Norfolk Southern's Voice Trace Direct 1-800-241-9230. Say trace and then give them the railcar number. It tells you where the railcar is when it's due to move again and it's next destination. I called just to make sure it would work... it said your Edge is in Decatur IL scheduled to depart tonight around 10 to it's next stop in Missouri.

It's getting closer!

Wilson,

Mine started out on Canadian National and then transfered to Norfolk Southern too.

I called Norfolk Southern's Voice Trace Direct 1-800-241-9230. Say trace and then give them the railcar number. It tells you where the railcar is when it's due to move again and it's next destination. I called just to make sure it would work... it said your Edge is in Decatur IL scheduled to depart tonight around 10 to it's next stop in Missouri.

It's getting closer!

AWSOME!

I was trying the wrong phone number.

Thanks a bunch Luvford

<EDIT>

I called the number myself and found out that my voice is too deep for the system to reconize what I say. I ended up using my helium voice!

The last destination was Voltz, Mo. Where in the world is Voltz??

Turns out it's the ramp in KC (the final stop). It will get there Saturday AM!

Edited by wilsons66604

Just picked mine up yesterday with a whole 6 km (3.5miles) on it. It is beautiful and very impressive. The MyTouch takes a bit to get used to as do a few little things but if you like gadgets....this is great!!

First impressions: Back-up camera is perfect. I wouldn't recommend it but you could basically just use the image on the screen to back-up if you had too as long as no chance of a fast moving car coming. It has a wide view angle.

I have the Sony sound system with 12 speakers. Great sound and can get very loud if you crank it. I can't get much above about 40% of the way to the highest setting without my ears hurting. It is crystal clear and the subwoofer is just right. Now, it's not gonna rattle the whole car but you definitely can tell that there is a subwoofer in the back.

Ride is a bit quieter and tighter than the 2010 that I test drove a few times. Interior noise is small. You can hear the road a bit but nothing to write home about.

Navingation system is perfect except for a small software glitch for us in Canada that has all the instructions on the screens in metric but the announcement for turns in miles. I'm sure that will get cleaned up in an update to the software.

I've played with voice control a bit. It's ok for some things and misses on others and can be a pain in the but sometimes. There is a learning curve as well on that so be prepared. I'm getting better each day and learning what I can and cannot do. By no means is this close to being 100% but it is beneficial and I guess I'll just have to learn what works and what doesn't work with it. I'd say it's probably about 50% of what I expected. Basically, useful but not perfect.

Haven't done anything with the phone yet so cannot comment but I expect it to be very good given the rest.

Just a lot of other nice little things but I won't spoil all your fun. So far a great job and I'm very impressed.

Freddie