2011 Build Date

thebrave

Or... like my dealer explained to me... it could be a situation of First In Last Out. My vehicle was built on July 16th and was apparently prepped for shippin on August 4th. Maybe the newer vehicles are being shipped out first 'cause they're at the front of the line? I hope that's the case... I would hate to think there were issues they had to fix on the one I ordered!?

That's what I was trying to explain. The first one that came off the line may have the most things that need to be fixed.

The way it works is that during the initial period each vehicle is inspected and marked for repairs or rework if necessary. These are all held until the assembly line produces 5 consecutive days of error free vehicles. If a flaw is found on day 4.5, the clock starts over. Once they hit 5 days then they start releasing new vehicles directly to shipping as they come off the line. Then they go back and start shipping the previously held vehicles as quickly as possible, starting with the ones that have no defects. The ones that have defects are then fixed and shipped.

I was hoping it would be invisable in the black trim of the door like the new Taurus. You wave your hand over it and it lights up. But all the pictures I've seen still has the key pad above the handle.

That requires modifying the doors which isn't typically done on a mid cycle refresh. Expect to see that at least on the new MKX in 2-3 years.

Or... like my dealer explained to me... it could be a situation of First In Last Out. My vehicle was built on July 16th and was apparently prepped for shippin on August 4th. Maybe the newer vehicles are being shipped out first 'cause they're at the front of the line? I hope that's the case... I would hate to think there were issues they had to fix on the one I ordered!?

I can guarantee that there were issues they had to fix on your vehicle if it was built on July 16th..

I can guarantee that there were issues they had to fix on your vehicle if it was built on July 16th..

That scares me! Why do you say that? Because it hasn't been delivered yet? Cause I do know for a fact that all Edges and MKXs have been held back so they could all be delivered to the dealers at the same time. If there were issues, I really hope they were minor!!

That scares me! Why do you say that? Because it hasn't been delivered yet? Cause I do know for a fact that all Edges and MKXs have been held back so they could all be delivered to the dealers at the same time. If there were issues, I really hope they were minor!!

They are not held back so they can be delivered to dealers all at the same time. We've already explained how this works. Please re-read the earlier posts.

What Waldo is trying to tell you is that all vehicles made on that date had some type of problem that had to be corrected. This should not be a concern - it could just be a simple software update or a simple part replacement. It's nothing to be worried about. Ford does this with all of their new vehicles.

My dealer in Walnut Creek, CA called today to let me know my order is now scheduled for the week of Aug. 30. I placed the order back on July 20. He didn't give me a delivery date yet. About how long does it take to build and ship a vehicle to the west coast? A month?

Like I mentioned in a previous post, some dealers have alreay received 2011 Edges and MKXs. The one I ordered didn't come in yet but my dealer receieved a red MKX yesterday which was ordered after mine. I went to see it after work and took it for a spin. It's everything I thought it would be!!

Can you give us more details of your drive? What can you compare it to?

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to update everyone. I ordered my 11 sport on June 14. About 2.5-3 weeks ago I finally got my Vin. Then about 2 weeks ago I got the update from CRC that the build date was the week of Aug 30th, just like many others. I called CRC again on Monday this week and they told me that the order was submitted to the manufacturing floor and it was being built. Today I check the new URL (they added a hash key to the old link) for my sticker (thanks for the new link, somebody). As of today I have a window sticker. Glad the order is correct and all my features are in it. Link = http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=2fmdk4ak2bba18354&ref=VL

Interesting thing is my transport is by CONVOY and not RAIL like I have seen from other stickers.

While it has been interesting and nail biting waiting, I am glad to hear that they are to be shipping and that issues seem to be found and resolved (fingers crossed). Glad my build was now and not weeks ago for repair issues.

Anyway, if I hear an ETA, I will update.

I was just given my VIN but when I use the above link & replace the VIN, the website says it's not in the system.

Is there a time lag before this window sticker site gets the info?

I got my window sticker printed off too! I almost can't stand it. I am driving my hubby crazy with telling him what I am finding out on here. He never thought I would be a car junky, but I have never had a car that I was this excited about. I am with you Luvford - I drove the 2010 also - will keep everyone posted.

I've been following this forum for the past few months. I ordered my 2011 Edge Limited on June 8. I received the VIN last week with a build date of August 30. I was able to print the window sticker a short time ago. Now I just have to wait for the vehicle to be built and shipped to Maryland!

I've been following this forum for the past few months. I ordered my 2011 Edge Limited on June 8. I received the VIN last week with a build date of August 30. I was able to print the window sticker a short time ago. Now I just have to wait for the vehicle to be built and shipped to Maryland!

I'm curious, did you try to view your window sticker last week when you got your VIN? If so, was it available to view?

I got a VIN today but can't see the sticker on-line yet.

I'm not sure how things work. I have been provided conflicting information - from CRC and from dealer.

I ordered my Edge on 7/23 and was given a VIN on 8/2. The build date on 8/2 was the week of 8/16 (this week).

The VIN came from CRC with no build date - that came later that day from my dealer.

Then last Friday 8/13, my dealer informed me that my build date had been pushed to the week of 8/30.

Yesterday I was not able to see my system generated "Monroney Label" i.e. window sticker, but early this morning, there it was!

It had a date of 8.18.10 - yesterday - on it. My dealer confirmed later this morning that the build date in their system was still 8/30.

So, I thought I'd call CRC to see if they had any further info. I provided my VIN and she said the latest status dated 8.18.10 is "In Production."

Does that mean it's being built? I asked. Yes. was the answer. I relayed that info to my sales guy, but have not heard back.

I also asked if the window sticker was created when the vehicle made it to production - on the assembly line being built.

She answered in the affirmative.

So, I am glad that my Edge is being built. I cannot explain why my dealer still is being provided an 8/30 build date.

I think anyone who can access their window sticker can assume their vehicle is in production. I think.

I also heard somewhere in the past week or so that the Oakville plant would be down the week of 8/23. I asked the CRC rep about that.

She said although she normally would hear such news, she had no information regarding that. So, believe whatcha will on the intertubes.

I also asked if the window sticker was created when the vehicle made it to production - on the assembly line being built.

She answered in the affirmative.

This is not always true, though it usually means the vehicle is scheduled for production. Usually the window sticker is generated 1-2 days before the vehicle hits the line.

Different systems are updated at different times. Scheduling on Thur. evenings. Dealer news Bulletins on Friday evenings.

As of July 30, the plant was scheduled down for a week beginning 8/23. This is likely a maintenance week.

Ask your dealer (or CRC rep, if you must) if they can check the DNB for last Friday. That is how they would know when production is running. That also tells them what commodities are in short supply which could push back an order.

Your VIN would be available before production. Scheduling means it can be picked for build, but they are not picked in vin sequence. The build seqyence is up to the plant, based on their material supply, etc.

The CRC rep has access to some of the same data bases the dealers use - nothing more and often less (since some is controlled in-house and with the regional office. The vehicle ordering manager within the dealership should be your best source for all things order/delivery related. They have the complete picture and the CRC has bits and pieces.

Can you give us more details of your drive? What can you compare it to?

All I can say is that it was everything I expected and more! I haven't tried enough different vehicles to make a fair comparison but I did try my buddy's RX350 the other day and I would say it's just as smooth, if not more.

Wasn't able to test out much of the MyLincoln Touch features since it was locked for "Transportation Mode" or whatever they call it.

Anyway, I almost wish I didn't take it for a spin 'cause I now REALLY REALLY can't wait to get mine! Apparently the MKX I ordered will be in early next week.

One nice surprise feature that I didn't know it has was a remote car starter. I wanted to get that but never saw it as an option... apparently it comes standard. Pretty sweet!!

As of July 30, the plant was scheduled down for a week beginning 8/23. This is likely a maintenance week.

Ask your dealer (or CRC rep, if you must) if they can check the DNB for last Friday. That is how they would know when production is running.

I was able to see last Friday's DNB. There is no info on the plant being idle. This week's isn't out yet.

I also got confirmation from my dealer that my Edge's status is "shipped" in his system. He explained that it really doesn't necessarily mean it's actually on a train already, but the dealer has been charged for it and it's close enough to the end of assembly to be marked with that status. The CRC provided me with a 9/6 delivery date. That's Labor Day, and although my dealer expects to be open for sales, the body shop, service, etc. will be closed. If it happens to actually be delivered on that day (hey, it's possible!), since I will be having the grille swapped, that can't be done before 9/7.

What grill are you swapping from/to?

I am going to drop the chrome grille for Kona Blue and "Give your Edge a contemporary monochrome look with a body-colored Grille Insert. Available primed and ready for paint. Dealer installation recommended."

That's a direct quote from fordaccessoriesstore.com

Check it out

My dealer has quoted me around $200 +/- to purchase, paint and install.

I noticed that Ford has put some new Edge related documentation on their website

http://media.ford.com/mini_sites/10031/2011Edge/

Take note of the Fact Sheets section.

I was able to confirm that the keypad has not changed. I'll be able to open the locked door by just grabbing the handle (if fob is in pocket)

Thanks for sharing!

Always enjoy reading info on the 2011 Edge.

Livio :yup: