2011 Build Date

thebrave

My dealer just sent me an email saying that he just received my VIN number (which I received on August 6th from the CRC) and it is different then what the CRC gave me. I haven’t told him that I have had it for a few weeks yet because I don’t want him to get mad that I went around him when I wasn’t getting the info I want. Any thoughts on why they would be different or do you think it is just a mistake?

Jgilles

My dealer just sent me an email saying that he just received my VIN number (which I received on August 6th from the CRC) and it is different then what the CRC gave me. I haven’t told him that I have had it for a few weeks yet because I don’t want him to get mad that I went around him when I wasn’t getting the info I want. Any thoughts on why they would be different or do you think it is just a mistake?

Jgilles

Did you look them both up to see if they are the same config's?

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=XXXXXXX

Just copy and slam your vin in there... and you get the Sitcker..

Did you look them both up to see if they are the same config's?

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=XXXXXXX

Just copy and slam your vin in there... and you get the Sitcker..

Thanks for the link. I did try that and both of them come up as not being found in the system. I called the CRC and they told me that the status was updated on 8/20/10 as being in order processing scheduled to week of September 9th. I asked if that was the build date and the person said that it was not the official build day yet since it is shown as order processing. When I checked on the 13th it said that it was scheduled to the week of 8/30/10 and then last week it got pushed to the week of 9/6/10 and today she said 9/9/10 which is the same as the week of 9/6/10 but she said that could change. Is this typical for the dates to keep changing every week? Does anyone know what it means when it is in order processing but assigned to a week?

Thanks.

Jgilles

Thanks for the link. I did try that and both of them come up as not being found in the system. I called the CRC and they told me that the status was updated on 8/20/10 as being in order processing scheduled to week of September 9th. I asked if that was the build date and the person said that it was not the official build day yet since it is shown as order processing. When I checked on the 13th it said that it was scheduled to the week of 8/30/10 and then last week it got pushed to the week of 9/6/10 and today she said 9/9/10 which is the same as the week of 9/6/10 but she said that could change. Is this typical for the dates to keep changing every week? Does anyone know what it means when it is in order processing but assigned to a week?

Thanks.

Jgilles

It took a few days for my window sticker to show up.

@fordcustservice twittered me last thursday to tell me I got a VIN and the build week of sept 6

The window sticker showed up Monday. It doesn't have a build date on it. I wonder when that will get update.

My dealer emailed me Monday to tell me I had a VIN but no build date yet

So Rev - have you gotten anymore info on if your car was built the 16th - and any possible delivery date?

I was told last week I had a deliv date of 9/6. My dealer shows "shipped" but it really hasn't. I think I mentioned that before.

Yesterday, CRC had a status still of "In Production" with no deliv date. So, I don't know if it's a difference of reps that see different things. Doubt it. Or just a shipping delay.

They must have a good sized backlog of built cars ready to ship.

On the fordvehicles website, when I search for a 2011 Edge in my area, I see a few dealers with 1, 2 or 3. My dealer shows 1, but it's still at the area train terminal and not yet delivered to the actual dealer (may be there tomorrow). They all (in this area) have dates on their stickers of 8-5 and 8-6. My date is 8-18. That may be an indication of ship order / date. So I might still be looking at a week-after-next delivery. I'll believe it when I sit in it.

Hi Again,

My new Edge (Silver AWD Ltd.) shows up today on my dealer's online inventory (the dealer stock order that duplicated my April 1 order) along with another white one. The dealer confirmed that it had shipped. Only one other Edge shows up in online inventory at a St. Louis dealer. A couple of Edges on the Quincy IL dealership's listing, and a couple of MKXs at the same Quincy dealership and a few St. Louis dealerships. I do not think any of these vehicles has shown up on the lot yet. Good luck to all of you waiting along with me. OK Waldo, you were right about ship dates.

Hello Everyone. I have gotten a lot of info from these posts and decided to join and comment. I ordered my wife a 2011 kona blue AWD limited egde without the sunroof. never used the one she had on her explorer sport. i got an e-mail from ford with my vin# that is not in the system yet and a schedule build time of sept 16. i ordered it on july 28. i think i am more excited about it than she is. i have her reading up on all the options witch look overwhelming at first. hopefully they will not be to complicated. thanks everyone for all the great info.

Hi Again,

My new Edge (Silver AWD Ltd.) shows up today on my dealer's online inventory (the dealer stock order that duplicated my April 1 order) along with another white one. The dealer confirmed that it had shipped. Only one other Edge shows up in online inventory at a St. Louis dealer. A couple of Edges on the Quincy IL dealership's listing, and a couple of MKXs at the same Quincy dealership and a few St. Louis dealerships. I do not think any of these vehicles has shown up on the lot yet. Good luck to all of you waiting along with me. OK Waldo, you were right about ship dates.

Almost all the "big" dealers in St Louis show at least one 2011 Edge on their online inventory (McMahon has 6) but none of them actually have one on their lot... believe me I've called! I'm dying to drive on even if it's not MINE!

Thanks! My window sticker shows 8/17 so I'm hoping my car shows up soon!

Hi luvford. i think the date on your window sticker is the the same date you looked at it for the first time. icould be mistaken but i think the system just throws the date on there. look it up again and see if the date changes.

Hi luvford. i think the date on your window sticker is the the same date you looked at it for the first time. icould be mistaken but i think the system just throws the date on there. look it up again and see if the date changes.

My window sticker still doesn't have a date. I was told build is week of sept 6.

I have noticed that the sticker updates every time I view it from the web. You'll notice the print date is stamped at the bottom.

My window sticker still doesn't have a date. I was told build is week of sept 6.

I have noticed that the sticker updates every time I view it from the web. You'll notice the print date is stamped at the bottom.

I got you. that is just a print date. is there another place on the window sticker i should be looking for a date?

I got you. that is just a print date. is there another place on the window sticker i should be looking for a date?

I've seen the build date on other window stickers and it was located in the upper left corner. At the end of the big bold line at the top.

OAK-000227 KS <<insert date here>>

(OAK is the plant)

(KS is my state)