2011 Build Date

thebrave

I hadn't noticed that date. Mine says 8/2010. That's when my VIN was assigned.

Interesting.

The date I saw in the top section was formatted like this...00020100821

Hhhmmmm....

Do you go to http://fordlabels.we...icker.aspx?vin=blah to view your sticker?

Every one I've looked at - even through http://www.shopfordnow.com/ is like the one I showed...

I've been using this URL to see my window sticker.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

The saw the date mentioned elsewhere and actually clicked a link of a window sticker that had the date. I also clicked links that didn't have dates.

I read that the date gets assigned when the factory pulls your order to build

http://services.ford...ticker.pdf?vin=

The saw the date mentioned elsewhere and actually clicked a link of a window sticker that had the date. I also clicked links that didn't have dates.

I see the identical sticker pdf on that site.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Hey guys,

I think Wilson is correct. The date you show in the image is not a ship date. I think it is the date it was submitted and accepted by the plant. Not even a build date. Mine say 08 16 10 there and I that is the date that the VIN was assigned. I have been told my build is 8 30 10. And they do not show a ship eta yet on mine (as of friday). That leads me to believe that it is only the acceptance to plant date and VIN assignment.

Furthermore, If you look at the check boxes on the center top of sticker, you will notice that your either has X's in the boxes or not. I think these are inspection, shipping ramp assignments and final inspection checks. Look at any in stock vehicle sticker from any dealer and you will see these are checked. If yours isnt (like mine) then it isnt build or passed or shipped yet. (that is my thoughts only, nothing confirmed)

Edited by mleber

Hey guys,

I think Wilson is correct. The date you show in the image is not a ship date. I think it is the date it was submitted and accepted by the plant. Not even a build date. Mine say 08 16 10 there and I that is the date that the VIN was assigned. I have been told my build is 8 30 10. And they do not show a ship eta yet on mine (as of friday). That leads me to believe that it is only the acceptance to plant date and VIN assignment.

Never said he wasn't correct. Nor did I say that date was a ship date. Where'd you get that?

The date is, in fact, the date it was submitted and accepted by the plant, just like you said.

The reason I posted the pic was wilsons said "My window sticker still doesn't have a date."

I just showed in my diagram'd pic where my sticker has a date.

Never said he wasn't correct. Nor did I say that date was a ship date. Where'd you get that?

The date is, in fact, the date it was submitted and accepted by the plant, just like you said.

The reason I posted the pic was wilsons said "My window sticker still doesn't have a date."

I just showed in my diagram'd pic where my sticker has a date.

sorry, i wasnt trying to say anything, just my thoughts to support or help define. I am not a Ford employee, so my guess is as good as anyones. Just adding my 2cents.

EDIT: you are correct, wilsons said "build" not "ship" date. Sorry my mind is on SHIPPING, dont know why.... I am just eager to hear a ship date maybe..

thanks

Edited by mleber

I was just looking at a local dealer online inventory. They have posted an "estimated arrival date" of the following for each vehicle link below. Their arrival dates have been changing quite a bit, but thought you guys might want to see them.

9/9/2010

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMDK3JC4BBA07102

9/4/2010

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMDK3KC9BBA11421

9/10/2010

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMDK3KC7BBA11420

This vehicle has a 07-30-10 build date and is sitting in the dealers lot

I think the 7/30/10 date is the date that the order was received at the plant. The portion of the window sticker that has the build date is not included on your example. The top portion is missing.

See attached

edit--I added a shot of a sticker that has the build date on it. This is strange though. I don't find many stickers with this date on it.

edit--I just found the build date on the bottom of the sticker also. see the 3rd attachment

Here is a link to the sticker..Window Sticker w/build date

post-9129-000736700 1283173175_thumb.gif

post-9129-036407600 1283175663_thumb.gif

post-9129-058692900 1283175931_thumb.gif

Edited by wilsons66604

My dealer told me Friday that my '11 Sport's status is now "in the body shop". When I asked what the hell that meant, he said that "all the edges get created on the same line - then the sports get shipped off to the body shop where they put the different ground effects and other stuff on it that's special to the sport".

A separate process for the Sports? This sounds horribly inefficient. Anybody else heard anything about that?

As a side note, can I tell anything from the build date on the window sticker about my car? Mine's 7/20.

I'm excited but getting impatient....

Thanks!

I wonder if there's anything that I can do with a VIN for my Canadian order of a MKX? My dealer has been essentially useless in regards to keeping me posted as to build date, etc (and has even lied to me in terms of telling me my order would receive highest priority and would be placed as part of their first dealer allotment - meanwhile, there's a new MKX sitting on their lot waiting for another customer to pickup. No big deal as I'm not in a huge hurry but I hate being taken for a sucker.)

My saleman did tell me I had a build date of 08/26 and gave me a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). Two dates on that are the order receipt date (07/27 - 10 days after the dealer told me they placed the order) and the DORA processed date of 08/26. No mention of a build date and I am certain the saleman mistook the DORA date for a build date (only been selling Fords for 20+ years but anyways...). But I do have the VIN - but it still shows up on the http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin= site as not found in their system. Should that website (if it works for Canadian orders) tell me the build date?

BTW, does the VIN display "Ohs" or zeros as the 13th character? I've tried both...

Thanks.

Should that website (if it works for Canadian orders) tell me the build date?

BTW, does the VIN display "Ohs" or zeros as the 13th character? I've tried both...

Thanks.

I would think VINs apply to Canadian as well as US vehicles. Check out this explanation.

The 13 char will always be a Zero. Also stated in that link: Since 1981, VINs consist of 17 characters which do not include the letters I (i), O (o), or Q (q) (to avoid confusion with numerals 1 and 0).

I wonder if there's anything that I can do with a VIN for my Canadian order of a MKX? My dealer has been essentially useless in regards to keeping me posted as to build date, etc (and has even lied to me in terms of telling me my order would receive highest priority and would be placed as part of their first dealer allotment - meanwhile, there's a new MKX sitting on their lot waiting for another customer to pickup. No big deal as I'm not in a huge hurry but I hate being taken for a sucker.)

My saleman did tell me I had a build date of 08/26 and gave me a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement). Two dates on that are the order receipt date (07/27 - 10 days after the dealer told me they placed the order) and the DORA processed date of 08/26. No mention of a build date and I am certain the saleman mistook the DORA date for a build date (only been selling Fords for 20+ years but anyways...). But I do have the VIN - but it still shows up on the http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin= site as not found in their system. Should that website (if it works for Canadian orders) tell me the build date?

Thanks.

Since you have the VIN, call Ford and ask nicely, they will give you the current status as they can see it.

1800-392-3673 then options 1,5,3,2

Good luck.

Thanks.

I ordered my edge about the same time you did and got about the same info. my vin still doesn't show up either. i am being patient because i want it with no flaws. and i am in no rush to start making that 2nd mortgage payment :) what ever makes my wife happy!!

I would think VINs apply to Canadian as well as US vehicles. Check out this explanation.

The 13 char will always be a Zero. Also stated in that link: Since 1981, VINs consist of 17 characters which do not include the letters I (i), O (o), or Q (q) (to avoid confusion with numerals 1 and 0).

the blue grill insert looks good. i showed my wife the picture and if she doesn't like the new chrome grill when it comes in she would go with the all blue look.

I've been reading this forum for a while as we went through the new car decision process.

Once we decided on the 2011 Edge we ordered it on 8/21/10. Today the fleet manager at our dealer

gave us the VIN number and production date...the week of 9/13/10! He estimated that we would take delivery the first

part of October. We live in Norther California.

the blue grill insert looks good. i showed my wife the picture and if she doesn't like the new chrome grill when it comes in she would go with the all blue look.

Remember, that's an "artist's rendering"! :rockon: My best attempt at a photoshopped blue grille. I hope the real ones will look a bit better.