2011 Build Date

thebrave

Hi,

Haven't visited since my 2007 Edge purchase. Ordered new '11 Edge when order book opened, expected a build date after Job 1 date of June 7. Surprised to get a call from my dealer this AM with news that my Edge would be built in 2-3 days. Anyone else have news like that?

Hannibal, MO

Hi,

Haven't visited since my 2007 Edge purchase. Ordered new '11 Edge when order book opened, expected a build date after Job 1 date of June 7. Surprised to get a call from my dealer this AM with news that my Edge would be built in 2-3 days. Anyone else have news like that?

Hannibal, MO

Hey "The Brave". I'm in St. Louis. How did you get pricing? The dealer I have been talking to doesn't have it and it is not on the Ford website. I am also waiting to see what kind of mileage it gets.

Hey "The Brave". I'm in St. Louis. How did you get pricing? The dealer I have been talking to doesn't have it and it is not on the Ford website. I am also waiting to see what kind of mileage it gets.

Hi There. My dealer in Hannibal (Boland) has had it for over a month now. I just told them to call me when they could order. I saw all the specs and the pricing associated with each option or option group. It had everything, including delivery, etc. Ordered mine and set the deal on my 07 Edge trade. Don't know why your dealer could not do same. I have purchased several new cars from Boland and pricing is competitive. No incentive news of course, but I will get any and all incentives available at delivery. I do know that the new model has 20 extra horses, but the car mags think the mileage will be about the same as the current Edges. I also know that the new turbo option will not be available until later in the model year. Hope this helps.

Hi,

Hannibal, MO

Congrats, but it really doesn't mean anything since none of the 2011s will ship until August.

Well, after looking at the 2011 options and pricing...I will most certainly be waiting for the 2011. Much better technology, refinement, and styling for the same price...actually, you get more for your money with the 2011!

You also get the added bonus of being Ford's test dummy.

I'd never buy a first model year vehicle.

MOFSTEEL,

I generally agree with your statement. I got stung badly by a then-new GM Pontiac Bonneville many years ago. They eventially replaced the vehicle after it was deemed a "lemon" after 120 days in the shop the first year I had it. But I bought one of the first Edges built, and have had no problems at all (44,500 miles now). I am excited about the improvements included in the 2011 model, and feel good about my upcoming purchase.

Time will tell....

I bought one of the first Ford Flex's as they became available and have been driving it non stop and loving it for over a year and a half without a single issue. It's by far the most solid vehicle I've ever owned, and that includes a few Toyota's over the years.

Keep in mind that this is not a 'new' model but a refresh. The foundation and core components are basically unchanged, and what is changing are refinements, interior trim and electronics. If this were a mid 70's British Leyland vehicle, I'd be concerned about the electrical, but I have more faith in current Ford design and testing. :)

• Like 1

I got one of the first Fusions to roll off the truck in fall 2005. Solid as a rock with only one minor issue that I fixed myself.

There have been a few engineering problems like the PTU seals and coolant gurgling noise on the 2010 Fusions but overall you just don't see new model year issues like you used to and most are easily fixed one time and don't reoccur.

I bought one of the first Ford Flex's as they became available and have been driving it non stop and loving it for over a year and a half without a single issue. It's by far the most solid vehicle I've ever owned, and that includes a few Toyota's over the years.

Keep in mind that this is not a 'new' model but a refresh. The foundation and core components are basically unchanged, and what is changing are refinements, interior trim and electronics. If this were a mid 70's British Leyland vehicle, I'd be concerned about the electrical, but I have more faith in current Ford design and testing. :)

Three new engines choices and all new electronics give me reason to shy away.

Not to say everyone will have issues but the odds are certainly greater in the first model year.

Three new engines choices and all new electronics give me reason to shy away.

Not to say everyone will have issues but the odds are certainly greater in the first model year.

I'm an early adopter when it comes to gadgets. I've got a 3g iPad & plan on purchasing the new iPhone 4g in a couple of weeks.

This new Edge is the ultimate gadget! I have to have it!

Helping me in making my decision were all the reported issues with Camrys. I've got a 2007 Camry Hybrid (I added backup camera, iPod integration, & xm)

While I haven't had the accelerator problems, I did have problems in the snow this last winter. The traction control took over and decided that it would not let ANY of the wheels spin. There was no switch to disable the traction control. I was stuck in 4" of snow!! I later learned that I could disable traction control by following six easy steps (kinda like resetting the service warning) Give me a Break!

Needless to say, I ordered a AWD Edge

Amusing to see that I'm not the only one who was not satisfied with my Toyota. In the first year my RAV4 had major strut issues, among other things, that made the car feel like you were riding in a Sherman tank after every bump and jar in the road. When my lease ended and I returned the vehicle last month, fully planning on moving up to a Highlander, I complained about the issues I had to my sales associate. She promptly told me that if I didn't buy one of their vehicles somebody else would. At which point I walked out and did the search that led me to the 2011 Edge Sport, which I'm now ready to purchase.

The new Edge is the ultimate gadget, and having WIFI access with the new MyTouch is about as cool as it gets! I believe you can also connect your 3G or 4G enabled IPHONE or other devices into the USB port, and then use it 'tethered' to surf the internet on the car's touchscreen.

Three new engines choices and all new electronics give me reason to shy away. Not to say everyone will have issues but the odds are certainly greater in the first model year.

I used to think the same way, which is why I held off on the 2005 Escape Hybrid and bought a 2006 model, figured I didn't want to be their guinea pig and experience quirks. Now almost 5 years and 60,000 miles later, zero problems with the 2006 Escape Hybrid, and haven't read anything about glitches that were uncovered on the "first year" 2005 model.

So that gave me more confidence to go with the "first year" 2010 Fusion Hybrid, and after 11 months and 34,000 miles I have had zero problems.

I don't have any reservations about the 2011 Edge model, especially since this is really a midlife upgrade rather that a new model. So I will be ordering one in the next couple months, once I can actually test drive a 2011 model rather than a 2010, I want to check out the MyFord Touch first to make sure I like it.

Sorry, but that's a myth. Numbers-wise, there is no proof to support your claim. Maybe years ago, you could say that.

I've owned Ford's my entire life and wouldn't own anything else. I've had very few problems and cannot tie any of them to "1st model year" issues.

When you get a chance, do a little research and find out how many warranty claims for the '10 vs. '11 sometime next year...

Lastly, that's what a warranty is for. Ford has always done a great job at warranty work and keeping me happy, which is why I'm buying another Ford.

• Like 1

Sorry, but that's a myth. Numbers-wise, there is no proof to support your claim. Maybe years ago, you could say that.

I've owned Ford's my entire life and wouldn't own anything else. I've had very few problems and cannot tie any of them to "1st model year" issues.

When you get a chance, do a little research and find out how many warranty claims for the '10 vs. '11 sometime next year...

Lastly, that's what a warranty is for. Ford has always done a great job at warranty work and keeping me happy, which is why I'm buying another Ford.

Maybe you don't follow the car market that closely but I can name 15 vehicles off the top of my head that were an owners nightmare their first model year.

When you get a chance do a little research yourself.

Lastly, I dont think anyone on this board wants to be inconvenienced by bringing their car in every other week for a problem.

If you read some of the posts on this board you would see owners having their car in the shop longer than they've had it at home.

Others bringing it in for the same issue over and over again. I'd be happy if I never got to use my warranty. Unfortunately

im waiting for a part that is currently on backorder to fix the thumping my car makes on incline acceleration. At least Ford has

FINALLY came forward to say there is an issue and they are working on manufacturing a fix.

Edited by MOFSTEEL

MOFSTEEL, are you suggesting NONE of us buy a 2011 Edge ?

If you can name 15 first year model cars that were an owners nightmare, I can probably name 15 that were an owners delight. I can also probably find a group of owners for every year of every vehicle ever built that had issues. Case in point as I mentioned somewhere previously, I purchased a Toyota RAV4 because it was a consumers reports 'best buy' and I believed in the myth that everything Toyota makes is pure Gold quality. Well I discovered very quickly that my car was a lemon and have now gladly gotten rid of it. Basing your facts on complaints you see on this board or others is pointless. For every visible 'problem' post you see, there are probably 10 invisible 'happy' owners with no complaints.

As long as vehicles are designed by man and built by man there will always be flaws and imperfections. You take a gamble with any car you buy regardless of make, model or year.

BTW, the 2011 is NOT a new model, but a refresh. Sorry, to hear you are having issues with your Edge, is it a first year model? Obviously it's put a bit of a sour taste in your mouth.

MOFSTEEL, are you suggesting NONE of us buy a 2011 Edge ?

If you can name 15 first year model cars that were an owners nightmare, I can probably name 15 that were an owners delight. I can also probably find a group of owners for every year of every vehicle ever built that had issues. Case in point as I mentioned somewhere previously, I purchased a Toyota RAV4 because it was a consumers reports 'best buy' and I believed in the myth that everything Toyota makes is pure Gold quality. Well I discovered very quickly that my car was a lemon and have now gladly gotten rid of it. Basing your facts on complaints you see on this board or others is pointless. For every visible 'problem' post you see, there are probably 10 invisible 'happy' owners with no complaints.

As long as vehicles are designed by man and built by man there will always be flaws and imperfections. You take a gamble with any car you buy regardless of make, model or year.

BTW, the 2011 is NOT a new model, but a refresh. Sorry, to hear you are having issues with your Edge, is it a first year model? Obviously it's put a bit of a sour taste in your mouth.

Enemy, take it down a few notches.

You're taking everything that I say as a personal insult.

I believe one of my first posts says "I'd never buy a first model year vehicle".

You can do whatever your heart desires. Go buy a Prius for all I care.

Fact is when you compare first year models to the same models following years there are going to be more issues that first year.

This is true for just about any manufactered product out there. Yes you take a gamble with any car but the odds you'll have an issue during the first model year are greater.

My facts arent based on complaints but based on TSB's and recalls released by the manufacterurs. Pretty easy to look up those statistics. Maybe you should try it?

Sorry to tell you this "Refresh" has 3 new engines and all new electronics. Im pretty sure the suspension components are different as well. So yes this is a "Refresh" on the exterior but everything else is new.

My Edge is a 2010 and if you read some of the posts on this board you'll see this same problem has been occuring on the Edge since 2007. I dont have a "bad taste" per say but more so annoyed with the fact that Ford neglected this well known issue until now. It doesn't make me want to run out and purchase another Ford.

Again, feel free to buy a 2011.

Other than the post from Waldo stating that no 2011 Edges will ship until August, can anyone from the plant building the Edge give us some more info on what is being built, if they are shipping yet, and any other news they have to help us know when the new Edges might start showing up on dealers' lots? When the Edge was new the employees were great giving us some info back then. The Employee section of this forum looks a little different now, and I didn't find anything in their topic list that seems close to this info. Anybody out there have a little help for us?

Thanks.

Dan

Other than the post from Waldo stating that no 2011 Edges will ship until August, can anyone from the plant building the Edge give us some more info on what is being built, if they are shipping yet, and any other news they have to help us know when the new Edges might start showing up on dealers' lots? When the Edge was new the employees were great giving us some info back then. The Employee section of this forum looks a little different now, and I didn't find anything in their topic list that seems close to this info. Anybody out there have a little help for us?

Thanks.

Dan

I'm just a mild mannered consumer (2011 on order) but I have seen where the first build starts on July 12.

Can anyone confirm??

Edited by wilsons66604

Maybe you don't follow the car market that closely but I can name 15 vehicles off the top of my head that were an owners nightmare their first model year.

When you get a chance do a little research yourself.

Lastly, I dont think anyone on this board wants to be inconvenienced by bringing their car in every other week for a problem.

If you read some of the posts on this board you would see owners having their car in the shop longer than they've had it at home.

Others bringing it in for the same issue over and over again. I'd be happy if I never got to use my warranty. Unfortunately

im waiting for a part that is currently on backorder to fix the thumping my car makes on incline acceleration. At least Ford has

FINALLY came forward to say there is an issue and they are working on manufacturing a fix.

Ok, go ahead and tell the viewing audience the 15 vehicles that were nightmares the first model year.

Who said anything about bringing in a car every other week? I think it's a bit over the top to insinuate that 1st model years are that bad.

Yours is a 2010...I had a 1st model year Edge that had less problems than yours....hmmmmmm.

• Like 1