2011 Build Date

thebrave

Hi All! I am so ecited :happy feet: my car arrived by train at 3 this morning at the distribution center in Wentzville MO. Although the ETA says week of the 13th, the distibution center is only 20 miles from my dealer :shift: so I'm hoping to get it this week!

That's cool! I'm hoping mine will will be built this week.

Curious...

Where do you get your status updates?

Have you looked at your window sticker lately? Did it ever update with the build date?

That's cool! I'm hoping mine will will be built this week.

Curious...

Where do you get your status updates?

Have you looked at your window sticker lately? Did it ever update with the build date?

I looked at the window sticker today. It still looks exactly like it did on 8/18 when I printed it the first time.

If you go to

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

there is a guy there cyberdman who has been checking status if you give him your VIN and ask nicely. Truely if you aren't nice about it he won't be nice back. :redcard:

Cyberdman told me my car was built last week 8/31 and was sent 9/1 to an offsite upfitter for the cargo package option that I ordered. Today he told me that it was in transit and gave me the rail car #. It started on CN (Canadian National Railways) then was passed to Norfolk-Southern. With the railcar # I was able to call into Norfolk-Southerns automated system and it told me it had gotten to Wentzville at 3:20.

Like you said before it's been a long summer! I never would have thought May 13th when I ordered it that I would have a Sep 13 ETA.

Edited by luvford

If you go to

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/80-vehicle-locator-by-ford-employees/

there is a guy there cyberdman who has been checking status if you give him your VIN and ask nicely. Truely if you aren't nice about it he won't be nice back. :redcard:

Let me tell you a little about cyberdman..........I e-mailed him this morning and was very very nice to him and he was a complete A*****E!

I have never come across someone like this in my life. I guess he doesn't like Canadians very much at all or something is very wrong with him.

Livio

Let me tell you a little about cyberdman..........I e-mailed him this morning and was very very nice to him and he was a complete A*****E!

I have never come across someone like this in my life. I guess he doesn't like Canadians very much at all or something is very wrong with him.

Livio

Did you actually email him or post a thread? He's always been nice to me. But I just posted a thread I don't think email is appropriate. JMO

Did you actually email him or post a thread? He's always been nice to me. But I just posted a thread I don't think email is appropriate. JMO

I sent him a private message simply because I didn't want to bother him and I didn't want to post my VIN online.

Well, you think I asked him to cut off his arm. I was very nice and asked as politely as I could but he was a Pitbull.

If I would have known what kind of person he was, I personally would have never contacted him.

If it works for others, that is great.

Livio

If a private message goes to his Ford based e-mail account - that can be a problem for an employee. Big brother may be wqatching. Responding to a forum is less visible.

Private doesn't meaan anything when you are on a company computer.

Grey, I didn't know anything about him or whether he worked for Ford or not.

If he simply would have explained to me that all communications with him must be via the Forum, then I would have.

If what you say is true about big brother then they will see the e-mails that he sent to me as well which are very bad indeed.

Livio

I sent him a private message simply because I didn't want to bother him and I didn't want to post my VIN online.

Well, you think I asked him to cut off his arm. I was very nice and asked as politely as I could but he was a Pitbull.

If I would have known what kind of person he was, I personally would have never contacted him.

If it works for others, that is great.

Livio

The guy that did it before (Viperpilot) stopped because people were sending PMs (Private Messages) instead of posting a thread. Can you imagine the number of emails he'd get if everyone looking for a status sent him a PM? He'd be getting hundreds a day.

That said, it sucks that he was rude to you. There really is no need in the world to be nasty.

UPDATE #2 from Hannibal, MO

Navigation SD card showed up as result of special order from Ford this afternoon (missing on my Edge), installed in less than 1 minute and is working perfectly. No other problems that I have discovered. Earlier questioner: After about 320 miles of mixed driving (70% highway, 30% city), looks about 21.4 MPG. I gauge it about 1 MPG better than the old V-6 Edge. Mostly impressed with the quiet interior, nice firm ride, and ease of use on MyTouch.

Hope your new Edge gets to you quickly.

UPDATE #2 from Hannibal, MO

Navigation SD card showed up as result of special order from Ford this afternoon (missing on my Edge), installed in less than 1 minute and is working perfectly. No other problems that I have discovered. Earlier questioner: After about 320 miles of mixed driving (70% highway, 30% city), looks about 21.4 MPG. I gauge it about 1 MPG better than the old V-6 Edge. Mostly impressed with the quiet interior, nice firm ride, and ease of use on MyTouch.

Hope your new Edge gets to you quickly.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear how sweet it is.

I think my Edge rolled thru the assembly line today.

Hoping I'll see it in Kansas before end of sept.

Does anyone know how long after the sync software is installed that it will show up as a valid VIN on the Sync owner site? I am kind of hopeing that it is almost instant so that when it pops up as being valid I will know that mine is pretty much driving off the line at that point,

I think it must be near instant.

My VIN was invalid until yesterday afternoon. The site shows a software install date of yesterday.

Today my Edge has been sent to carrier

I think it must be near instant.

My VIN was invalid until yesterday afternoon. The site shows a software install date of yesterday.

Today my Edge has been sent to carrier

Where on the website wil it show the install date? I've created an account and when I Login I get Please Check your VIN. I assume that indicates that the software is not loaded yet? Where on the website will it show the install date? My vehicle is supposed to be built this week and hopefully be delivered next week. I'm only 4 hours away from the plant in Canada so no borders to cross. Getting pretty excited.

Where on the website wil it show the install date? I've created an account and when I Login I get Please Check your VIN. I assume that indicates that the software is not loaded yet? Where on the website will it show the install date? My vehicle is supposed to be built this week and hopefully be delivered next week. I'm only 4 hours away from the plant in Canada so no borders to cross. Getting pretty excited.

If the error message goes away, it's been installed

Just keep hitting refresh

You should have a tab on the far right Manage Sync

On that page (half way down) you'll see View Confirm installations

Edited by wilsons66604

You should have a tab on the far right Manage Sync

On that page (half way down) you'll see View Confirm installations

On the Manage SYNC page there is no View confrim installations. Might be because none is installed yet. Is that located above the "Owner to Owner" FAQ box?

Thanks Bud. I see your car is rolling to you. Enjoy

Ha. I wish I knew that mine was rolling!

I get conflicting info. I think there are two different databases of status.

The folks monitoring the @FordCustService Twitter account have had the most up-to-date info. They are the people that told me it was looking for a train ride to KS.

My dealer and other internet forums have said that it was not produced yet. TBD

I think my dealer gets a weekly report and the twitter folks are Real Time

Consider a private Twitter message to the two people monitoring the acount. They have the latest info.

If you send a public message to @FordCustService then they will follow you. You can then do a private message to them.

(

Tell them Wilson sent you but PLEASE BE NICE with them. I think this is a "in your spare-time" responsibility for them

I think the person helping me is almost as excited about my new ride as I am.

)