Hood scoop

49 members have voted

1. 1. Hood scoop or no Hood scoop

To all Edge Forum members I have a question or request. Has anybody thought of putting a hood scoop on the edge. I've been thinking about it and though like an F-150 style scoop or something along those lines would look nice. Can anyone phototshop-up some pics with different styles and see what it would look like?

Matt Rochette

Hood scoops just aren't a good idea on anything other than sports cars, even those can't pull it off sometimes. I have a strong feeling that you'll get laughed at by every single auto enthusiast you come across while in that car. I know I would make fun of it and I love the Edge. If you can deal with most everyone else thinking your car is a joke then more power to ya, but in all honesty, this is really ill-advised.

I guess the senior citizens dont have much of a sense of flare. There was one at SEMA that looked really nice with a molded hood scoop. It was small and fit the body lines of the truck. I will dig through my pics and see if I can find it.

Not even close to being a senior citizen. I just appreciate class over trash.

A non-functional hood scoop on a crossover with 265hp would not be the most tasteful modification.

Just because APC wants to showcase a fake hood scoop on an Edge doesn't mean you should run out to buy it.

If you do you might as well go all out and buy the fake side vents, racing stripes, and bolt on exhaust tips. :doh:

A non-functional hood scoop on a crossover with 265hp would not be the most tasteful modification.

Just because APC wants to showcase a fake hood scoop on an Edge doesn't mean you should run out to buy it.

If you do you might as well go all out and buy the fake side vents, racing stripes, and bolt on exhaust tips. :doh:

“If you do you might as well go all out and buy the fake side vents, racing stripes, and bolt on exhaust tips. ”

Hay wait a minute you’re hitting below the belt :D .

Our MKX has “fake side vents” and so do the 2011’s.

ab

Or chrome Alteeza style tail lights ????

I actually don't like the factory tail lights that the edge has with all the chrome i'm in the process of purchasing the Edge sport tail lights for the blackout look.

So it looks like the hood scoop idea is a no go LOL anyways i think the only way i would put a scoop on would be to buy a new hood and cut out and mold something nice like the srt-8 charger or something like that. I'll have to say it was fun to see everyone chyme in on this question thanks for everyone's input it was entertaining

Matt

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess the senior citizens dont have much of a sense of flare. There was one at SEMA that looked really nice with a molded hood scoop. It was small and fit the body lines of the truck. I will dig through my pics and see if I can find it.

Makes me nauseous everytime I hear someone call the EDGE a "truck"