2011 Edge estimated delivery

d_source

Hi all,

I ordered my 2001 Edge about 2-3 weeks ago. I have the VIN number now. Is there any way to find out what the estimated delivery date would be? I ordered from out of town so i would need to plan to go pick it up so as much notice as possible would be great since i would also need a few days to get my finances prepared before leaving to pick it up. Plus i'm really excited. The delearship doesnt know yet and i called Ford Canada and they gave me no useful info, plus they said to contact the dealer.

THX

Hi all,

I ordered my 2001 Edge about 2-3 weeks ago. I have the VIN number now. Is there any way to find out what the estimated delivery date would be? I ordered from out of town so i would need to plan to go pick it up so as much notice as possible would be great since i would also need a few days to get my finances prepared before leaving to pick it up. Plus i'm really excited. The delearship doesnt know yet and i called Ford Canada and they gave me no useful info, plus they said to contact the dealer.

THX

Wondering too.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here. Placed order on 9/16. I now have my VIN and a production date of week beginning 10/11. I wish I had a way to track my VIN through the assembly process.....

One way to track the assembly is to use your VIN and sign up on SyncMyRide. It will show you the date that Sync software is installed.

My car shipped the day after sync was installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a question on the VIN.

I placed an order for a 2011 Edge on 9/21/10 and was told an estimated 6 - 8 weeks for delivery.

Since Friday, 10/29/10, I have been trying to get the VIN from my salesman. Today ,I was told that he would not have the VIN until Monday, 11/8/10.

Does this time frame for finding out the VIN sound normal?

The salesman has also told me not to expect delivery until the 1st or 2nd week of December. Not thrilled with the idea of a 10 - 11 week wait for delivery.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I placed an order for a 2011 Edge on 9/21/10 and was told an estimated 6 - 8 weeks for delivery.

Since Friday, 10/29/10, I have been trying to get the VIN from my salesman. Today ,I was told that he would not have the VIN until Monday, 11/8/10.

The salesman has also told me not to expect delivery until the 1st or 2nd week of December. Not thrilled with the idea of a 10 - 11 week wait for delivery.

Doesn't sound right - do you have your order confirmation?

I placed my order on 9/20/10 for my 2011 Edge Sport, and got my VIN exactly one week later. It was built on the 13th and just shipped out yesterday.

So, that doesn't seem right to me. I know I got my VIN a lot sooner than many do, but to have to wait 6 weeks just for a VIN seems very abnormal.

Update:

I have been dealing with the sales manager; actually, he is the brother of the dealerships owner.

Still no VIN, but he assures me that he will call as soon as Ford gives him this information.

Also, I never got an order confirmation or any other paperwork when I put down my deposit.

Starting to feel like a real idiot.

Update:

I have been dealing with the sales manager; actually, he is the brother of the dealerships owner.

Still no VIN, but he assures me that he will call as soon as Ford gives him this information.

Also, I never got an order confirmation or any other paperwork when I put down my deposit.

Brother of whom ever - get a copy of your confirmation paperwork now. Better late than never.

Update:

No need to feel like an idiot. I bet your experience is not uncommon.

I never got a call from my dealership. I called the Ford Customer Service looking for info and they contacted the dealership and strong armed them into providing correct order info. Turns out that the info the dealership gave me was Bogus.

After I had the correct order number, I was able to bug the support folks on twitter to get the VIN and other info.

I had enough info so that I was able to see my car unloaded at the dealership. I knew it was delivered before my salesman did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Update 2: Got the VIN on 11/18/10.

Found out from a Ford employee on Blue Oval Forums that production will not start until the week of 12/13/10.

I asked the dealership why I was told on 9/21/10 that there would be a 6 - 8 delivery, when production won't start until over 11 weeks have passed.

I was told the dealership had a zero allocation from Ford.