SYNC GEN 2 update

orlym2

i just got this update for my car hyper.gif BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2 update i guess my old version of sync was 1.3 anybody else got this or i'm i behind on updates, just last week i got in contact with ford's Customer Relationship Center and they assured me that my car had the latest updates, therefore i think this must be the so desired and talked update that everybody's waiting for. I have to go to the dealer to install it.happy%20feet.gif

i just got this update for my car hyper.gif BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2 update i guess my old version of sync was 1.3 anybody else got this or i'm i behind on updates, just last week i got in contact with ford's Customer Relationship Center and they assured me that my car had the latest updates, therefore i think this must be the so desired and talked update that everybody's waiting for. I have to go to the dealer to install it.happy%20feet.gif

It shows up for me... I will try to get to a dealer this week.

Not sure if this is newer than what's already out there. Note this shows v1.3 described as Sync Gen2. This is my sync history for my car still in transit/production:

TYPE NAME VERSION DESCRIPTION STATUS DATE

iconDLServicePack.gifBT4T-14D544-AJ1.3SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ)CI10/19/2010

iconDLServicePack.gifBT4T-14D544-AJ1.3SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ)CI10/18/2010

(Sorry... HTML got messed up in post, but you get the idea)

Edited by GatorCat

It shows up on SyncMyRide, but it appears that you have to go to the dealer for the update. The disclaimer that a "dealer service fee may apply" kind of surprises me.

BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2

+ Dealer Install (Requires a visit to your local dealership. Dealer service fee may apply.)

Not sure if this is newer than what's already out there. Note this shows v1.3 described as Sync Gen2. This is my sync history for my car still in transit/production:

TYPE NAME VERSION DESCRIPTION STATUS DATE

iconDLServicePack.gifBT4T-14D544-AJ1.3SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ)CI10/19/2010

iconDLServicePack.gifBT4T-14D544-AJ1.3SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ)CI10/18/2010

(Sorry... HTML got messed up in post, but you get the idea)

Version numbers are the same except for the letters. Now AJ Upgrade is BD

I'm headed to my dealership NOW! I'll keep you guys posted

It shows up on SyncMyRide, but it appears that you have to go to the dealer for the update. The disclaimer that a "dealer service fee may apply" kind of surprises me.

BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2

+ Dealer Install (Requires a visit to your local dealership. Dealer service fee may apply.)

Just a standard disclaimer that's added to everything these days.

Just spoke to my delear and they want to charge me $90 to do the update. They also told me that they don't know what is in the update. Does anyone know where I can find some information that can explain what the update is for? I suspect that it is fixing some of the bug issues so my question would then be why do we have to pay for it? If the SYNC doesn't work correctly then it should be covered under warrenty.

Yeah, I'd tell my dealer to get bent if they want to charge for something on a brand new car that takes all of 5 minutes to complete. Not a great way to build a solid customer relationship, sheesh. Excited to hear if this fixes some glitches (and hopeful it makes it into the one we ordered a few weeks back!)

Version numbers are the same except for the letters. Now AJ Upgrade is BD

I'm headed to my dealership NOW! I'll keep you guys posted

I got my call that my car was ready. Service Mgr said sync was updated, they fixed my console but had to order a new seat module.

I get there only to find out the console part is on order too. AND the service tech totally missed the first item on the work order...SYNC UPDATE!! WTF

He said it will be 4 more hours. I asked if he could just give me the file and he said no. the updates that the dealer does are for the complete system. Customers are only trusted to install updates to portions of the system. The update process takes an hour.

Then they tell me. OASIS (their ford website) has been down since Sunday so they can't download the software. Did I say WTF?

Now I have wasted a morning only to have nothing accomplished. This is exactly why I've been putting off the trip to the service center.

Oh, now I'm waiting for a call that my parts have come in and then they can schedule to upgrade

Edited by wilsons66604

I got my call that my car was ready. Service Mgr said sync was updated, they fixed my console but had to order a new seat module.

I get there only to find out the console part is on order too. AND the service tech totally missed the first item on the work order...SYNC UPDATE!! WTF

He said it will be 4 more hours. I asked if he could just give me the file and he said no. the updates that the dealer does are for the complete system. Customers are only trusted to install updates to portions of the system. The update process takes an hour.

Then they tell me. OASIS (their ford website) has been down since Sunday so they can't download the software. Did I say WTF?

Now I have wasted a morning only to have nothing accomplished. This is exactly why I've been putting off the trip to the service center.

Oh, now I'm waiting for a call that my parts have come in and then they can schedule to upgrade

That sounds very frustrating - good to know it takes about an hour. But remember before you get really worked up - this is your dealer having issues and not communicating with you correctly - not Ford. I know I am not looking forward to dealing with a dealership for these updates so I will probably wait a week or so to make sure they really know what to do. I also don't have anything that I feel I need to rush to fix though.

Good luck and at least the got the parts ordered so your chair can get fixed.

That sounds very frustrating - good to know it takes about an hour. But remember before you get really worked up - this is your dealer having issues and not communicating with you correctly - not Ford. I know I am not looking forward to dealing with a dealership for these updates so I will probably wait a week or so to make sure they really know what to do. I also don't have anything that I feel I need to rush to fix though.

Good luck and at least the got the parts ordered so your chair can get fixed.

It is frustrating.

I'm curious if anyone else can get the update. The website that is "down" is the one that all ford dealers need to go to to download the update..

Chime in if you get the update!

Yeah, I'd tell my dealer to get bent if they want to charge for something on a brand new car that takes all of 5 minutes to complete. Not a great way to build a solid customer relationship, sheesh. Excited to hear if this fixes some glitches (and hopeful it makes it into the one we ordered a few weeks back!)

Shouldn't it covered under warranty? I mean if a suspension component is faulty and Ford decides to replace it it would be covered under warranty so why is it different with software?

We got a faulty software and "replacing" it with a better software should be covered under warranty. I'm not looking forward to having that argument with my dealer.

I have an appointment for Friday for the Sync upgrade. I told the service manager I was having problems with Sync and that I went to the SyncMyRide site and it said there was an upgrade. He didn't say anything about a charge. We'll see.

My sync problem... last night when my husband came home from work... an hour after I'd parked the Edge in the garage... he came in and asked if I just got home. I said no and he said the screen in the Edge was on. Sure enough when I went to check, the main screen was white and lit up. When I opened the door it showed the Ford logo and then I closed the door and it went off.

This is the 2nd time I've noticed that this happened. :sos:

SyncMyRide also told me BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2 was available for my Edge, so I printed out the "request for update" form, called the dealer and made an appointment for this afternoon. After they had the car for an hour and a half, they came back and said they can't see that anything needs updating. However, they also emailed sync support asking why the customer had information they didn't have yet. They were nice and apologetic about it, but they said they needed to get some answers from support, and that they would call me when they found out more.

At least they didn't want to charge me for it!

SyncMyRide also told me BT4T-14D544-BD Version SYNC GEN 2 was available for my Edge, so I printed out the "request for update" form, called the dealer and made an appointment for this afternoon. After they had the car for an hour and a half, they came back and said they can't see that anything needs updating. However, they also emailed sync support asking why the customer had information they didn't have yet. They were nice and apologetic about it, but they said they needed to get some answers from support, and that they would call me when they found out more.

At least they didn't want to charge me for it!

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with my dealership "sync" guy trying to find out about this update. He was able to get into my sync history and confirmed that there is nothing that needs to be updated. He looked at what the update said and was looking in the PTS system and didn't see any updates available. I would recommend calling and really talking to the service department before rushing in. He also was able to read a note listing off all of the issues that I have seen on here as "known issues" that are being worked on.

Good luck everyone else...

I just spent 20 minutes on the phone with my dealership "sync" guy trying to find out about this update. He was able to get into my sync history and confirmed that there is nothing that needs to be updated. He looked at what the update said and was looking in the PTS system and didn't see any updates available. I would recommend calling and really talking to the service department before rushing in. He also was able to read a note listing off all of the issues that I have seen on here as "known issues" that are being worked on.

This wouldn't be the first time that the dealers and Ford didn't have their act together on something like this. I ran into similar problems with updates on my 2005 Ford diesel. I would read about updates on a forum and go to the dealer and they don't know anything about it. Go back in a couples of weeks and the dealer has gotten a notice about the update.

I suspect that we will see a similar occurrence here or Sync will withdraw the update notice.

EDIT:

Thanks Choff for the great detective work. It's good to hear that there was a note listing the issues. There is no clear way of reporting these issues. I wonder if anyone is monitoring this forum. If not, then they should be.

Edited by wilsons66604