Carbon Fiber wrapped dash

Bought some of the Hexis Carbon Fiber wrap from Headlight armor. Gotta tell ya, this is the best looking fake carbon fiber i have EVER seen. It's looks 99% real. Textured even! Reflects like CF too. Anyways, i was alittle intimidated about putting it on,.. didn't want to mess it up and have wasted my money. Watched a few youtube videos on it, and was even more impressed with this stuff. It really is amazing. And i LOVE CF. Heck when i was done i even wrapped my Spy sunglesses! Anyways,.. here are the pics. I am VERY pleased with the end result, and it gives the interior a freakin cool look,.... wel i think so anyways. Enjoy the pics

-Cannon

Oh and i wrapped my front and rear Ford ovals. :))

post-4293-038163800 1297649863_thumb.jpg

post-4293-085449800 1297649871_thumb.jpg

post-4293-046464900 1297649882_thumb.jpg

I think it looks really good! Kudos to you for such a nice job fitting it! If you can, Post up some more photos from other angles and some info on the film as well. Great Job! :rockon:

Not to be negative, but i'm not gonna take more pics and then upload them onto my computer, and then deal with this stupid sites picture upload program. lol

Now the good news! Headlight Armor is one place that sells the Hexis Carbon Fiber film. When i got the CF wrap in the mail, the directions pretty much say, prep, and stick, then cut out where needed, and it mentions using a heat gun to mold,.. thats it. So i was very reluctant to get started. I watched a few youtube videos of people working with this stuff, and it really is amazing... you can stick it, and then lift it back off, quite a few times. When you heat it, you can stretch it in ways you'd never think were possible with vinyl wraps. It is pretty much impossible to get a air bubble underneath it too!! I've already ordered another large sheet of it, and plan to do my side mirrors, and rear wing on my Edge. And like i said earlier, it looks as close to real carbon fiber as i have ever seen (dry carbon fiber).

-Cannon

Bought some of the Hexis Carbon Fiber wrap from Headlight armor. Gotta tell ya, this is the best looking fake carbon fiber i have EVER seen. It's looks 99% real. Textured even! Reflects like CF too. Anyways, i was alittle intimidated about putting it on,.. didn't want to mess it up and have wasted my money. Watched a few youtube videos on it, and was even more impressed with this stuff. It really is amazing. And i LOVE CF. Heck when i was done i even wrapped my Spy sunglesses! Anyways,.. here are the pics. I am VERY pleased with the end result, and it gives the interior a freakin cool look,.... wel i think so anyways. Enjoy the pics

-Cannon

Oh and i wrapped my front and rear Ford ovals. :))

When are you going to stop ! JK

Looks great , really nice

How did you go about fitting the cupholders?

I was able to get the material to stretch pretty deep into the cupholder, but i ended up cutting two strips that were the depth of the cupholders and just did a second wrap around the inside of the cupholder. I didn't wrap the very bottom of the cupholder tho.

-Cannon

That actually looks great! Quick question... how harsh is the adhesive on it? I'm curious if, at a later date you decided to remove it, would it ruin the original equipment surface on which it was placed, for instance, leather?

Thanks.

I believe it would be removable with no problems. As for leather,.. not sure. Plastics and metals should be fine tho. It's amazing how real it looks. I love carbon fiber and have had alot of expensive real CF pieces on my vehicles in the past. The fake stuff never even comes close to looking like the real thing. But this stuff does. I dig it. Gonna wrap my side mirrors, and rear wing when the weather clears up.

-Cannon