2010 Ford Edge Custom Leather and Woodgrain Interior

How many of you are bored with your plain factory interior. I couldn't take the hard black plastic any more on the dash, console, and door panels. So I upgraded to padded leather and a woodgrain kit. I bought a leather hide on ebay and contact cemented padding to the door panels and console, then wrapped them with the leather. The woodgrain kit was ordered from carid.com, but the kit is actually made by Wowtrim. Let me know what you think. Now I look forward to getting in my car. The softness and woodgrain make it cozy. I'm going to post more pictures in the gallery section. The car is Cinnamon Metallic. post-11784-085496600 1301865177_thumb.jpgpost-11784-057004000 1301865243_thumb.jpg

post-11784-004186400 1301803669_thumb.jpg

Edited by viperdoug

How many of you are bored with your plain factory interior. I couldn't take the hard black plastic any more on the dash, console, and door panels. So I upgraded to padded leather and a woodgrain kit. I bought a leather hide on ebay and contact cemented padding to the door panels and console, then wrapped them with the leather. The woodgrain kit was ordered from carid.com, but the kit is actually made by Wowtrim. Let me know what you think. Now I look forward to getting in my car. The softness and woodgrain make it cozy. I'm going to post more pictures in the gallery section.

Hi viperdoug. :D I give you kudos, it looks as though you put a lot of hard work and TLC into that interior job. :drool:

While I would have chosen a different color, interior/exterior color preferences are highly personal, so I can see how you and others who like a baseball glove leather color/shade would like it.

I hope you enjoy it in good health! :shift:

Good luck. :beerchug:

As Cal3thousand said, Kudo's for doing your own thing, and you do actually spend more time looking OUT of the vehicle FROM the inside, unless, of course, you sit in a chair looking at you car for a few hours every day. My wife's '09 MKS is cinnamon exterior, with the light beige (pebble) interior, the exception being the top portion of the dash, and top of the door panels is charcoal grey (to reduce glare, I guess). Maybe the should have done it in cinnamon, to match the exterior. I remember when you could buy a car with blue exterior, and get a complimenting blue interior, same for reds, greens, greys etc. What are your choices today - Black, or stone interiors ! Maybe they should go back to the ' GOOD OLD DAYS'.

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

How many of you are bored with your plain factory interior. I couldn't take the hard black plastic any more on the dash, console, and door panels. So I upgraded to padded leather and a woodgrain kit. I bought a leather hide on ebay and contact cemented padding to the door panels and console, then wrapped them with the leather. The woodgrain kit was ordered from carid.com, but the kit is actually made by Wowtrim. Let me know what you think. Now I look forward to getting in my car. The softness and woodgrain make it cozy. I'm going to post more pictures in the gallery section. The camera flash makes it look bright orange which is misleading. In real life it is a subdued cinnamon brown. The car is Cinnamon Metallic.

It looks like you did a really good job with the leather. I think most of the negative comments are because, like you said, the color doesn't look that good in these pictures.

I uploaded new pictures in natural light to try to show the true colors. Some of the earlier comments were made after I posted my first pictures that used a flash, which made the leather and woodgrain look bright orange.

Thank you!

Honestly, it looks a ton better now that it looks brown. Was looking like a basketball before, but I didn't want to say that. Again, propers for being avant garde. This time, I'll also give you a thumbs up for it looking good. It matches the wood grain well.

EDIT: would look even better if your seats were dark like the new Sienna interior.....mmmmmm... chocolate.

Edited by cal3thousand

No, no previous experience with upholstery. But I'm the type willing to tackle any project though, you know... on the house, car, etc. I learn as I go. In response to another post... I do like the Sienna seats. Wish I had them. When I bought the car I thought about it, but didn't pull the trigger. Didn't know I was going to do my own customization.

• 3 weeks later...

How many of you are bored with your plain factory interior. I couldn't take the hard black plastic any more on the dash, console, and door panels. So I upgraded to padded leather and a woodgrain kit. I bought a leather hide on ebay and contact cemented padding to the door panels and console, then wrapped them with the leather. The woodgrain kit was ordered from carid.com, but the kit is actually made by Wowtrim. Let me know what you think. Now I look forward to getting in my car. The softness and woodgrain make it cozy. I'm going to post more pictures in the gallery section. The car is Cinnamon Metallic. post-11784-085496600 1301865177_thumb.jpgpost-11784-057004000 1301865243_thumb.jpg

Did you have any trouble getting the woodtrim kit? I seem to be getting the runaround from Carid . They keep moving up the production date . They have done this to me three times now and I am getting hot. Thanks

I uploaded new pictures in natural light to try to show the true colors. Some of the earlier comments were made after I posted my first pictures that used a flash, which made the leather and woodgrain look bright orange.

The new pictures look much better!

I take back what i said when I saw the first round of pics.

Nice job!

Yeah it took forever to get the woodgrain kit in. It was several months as I recall. I wonder if they wait till they get orders to produce them. Carid is only the order taker. The manufacturer is Wowtrim.

I got mine yesterday after a long wait and three changes in production dates ,but with the difference in price over Wowtrin direct and the way it looks it was worth the wait. The new look is awsome Thanks zipscuba

I got mine yesterday after a long wait and three changes in production dates ,but with the difference in price over Wowtrin direct and the way it looks it was worth the wait. The new look is awsome Thanks zipscuba

When you get your kit installed be sure to post some pictures, either here or in the Photo Gallery. I'd like to see how it looks.