MFT v2.8 update

I too had problems with 2.4 and upgraded to 2.8 as a result of this forum, on my 2011 EDGE.

Yes its much better, but it locked up twice, seemingly after I added my iphone to my wife's on Sync; Hers is the primary phone. 2.8 is better because when it locks up, turning on and off the car makes it go thru a maintenance update and reset without losing all your data or cell connections. However, here's my thought---do you think there is a conflict between SIRIUS and Sync/MFT??? Reason I ask is that when my phone is the only one in the car, it takes about 90 seconds to linkup. If my wife's phone is the only one in the car, it hooks up in about 10 seconds. Also, if both our phones are in the car, only hers links up. One time we met at a restaurant and took two cars, parking next to each other. I had the EDGE. When we left, my car linked to HER phone in the other car even though it had my phone active when I turned the car off. She called me and the car was linked to her phone driving ahead in another car. Funny.

I did an experiment where I went to Sync and made my phone the primary phone. Her phone still linked up. With my phone, all the Sync services, traffic, movies, sports, etc do not link up, never have. keeps on the hour glass mode. I haven't checked if they will with my wife's phone yet. Here's the link to Sirius: Sirius will take only ONE phone number, which is my wife's. I called them yesterday and they say all services are active, etc. Both Sirius and Sync have traffic services etc. Could Sirius be controlling Sync where it always tries to look for It's active phone, my wife's, FIRST even if Sync has mine as the active one? Then when system, Sync and Sirius, each has a different primary phone, the system hangs because it can't resolve whose phone is really primary. I wonder if Ford has considered this? I have not yet tried to correlate this but will look into it some more.

I may be way off base on this but there must be a reason why people have these problems with Sync.

Why would that be a SIRIUS problem? Sounds more like a phone specific problem. And bluetooth is a funny thing...it is sort of like wireless Internet. It works when and how it wants to because it automagically flies through the air, connecting and giving the signal bandwidth/strength to the clients it wants. Everyone expects wireless technology to be perfect, but it isn't, and Ford doesn't help themselves by allowing more than one phone to connect to the head unit.

I too had problems with 2.4 and upgraded to 2.8 as a result of this forum, on my 2011 EDGE.

Yes its much better, but it locked up twice, seemingly after I added my iphone to my wife's on Sync; Hers is the primary phone. 2.8 is better because when it locks up, turning on and off the car makes it go thru a maintenance update and reset without losing all your data or cell connections. However, here's my thought---do you think there is a conflict between SIRIUS and Sync/MFT??? Reason I ask is that when my phone is the only one in the car, it takes about 90 seconds to linkup. If my wife's phone is the only one in the car, it hooks up in about 10 seconds. Also, if both our phones are in the car, only hers links up. One time we met at a restaurant and took two cars, parking next to each other. I had the EDGE. When we left, my car linked to HER phone in the other car even though it had my phone active when I turned the car off. She called me and the car was linked to her phone driving ahead in another car. Funny.

I did an experiment where I went to Sync and made my phone the primary phone. Her phone still linked up. With my phone, all the Sync services, traffic, movies, sports, etc do not link up, never have. keeps on the hour glass mode. I haven't checked if they will with my wife's phone yet. Here's the link to Sirius: Sirius will take only ONE phone number, which is my wife's. I called them yesterday and they say all services are active, etc. Both Sirius and Sync have traffic services etc. Could Sirius be controlling Sync where it always tries to look for It's active phone, my wife's, FIRST even if Sync has mine as the active one? Then when system, Sync and Sirius, each has a different primary phone, the system hangs because it can't resolve whose phone is really primary. I wonder if Ford has considered this? I have not yet tried to correlate this but will look into it some more.

I may be way off base on this but there must be a reason why people have these problems with Sync.

I contacted SYNC tech support yesterday and they suggested doing a "Master System Reset" to fix my hourglassing Travellink stuff. I did that and it made no difference.

Also, my understanding is the Travellink stuff downloads over the satellite connection. So I'm not sure why a paired phone number would have any effect on that?

I contacted SYNC tech support yesterday and they suggested doing a "Master System Reset" to fix my hourglassing Travellink stuff. I did that and it made no difference.

Also, my understanding is the Travellink stuff downloads over the satellite connection. So I'm not sure why a paired phone number would have any effect on that?

Does anybody has the 2.8 update? i have 2.4 right now, and having alot of problems with my phone & other things. the dealer here in curacao doesn't know what i'm talking about upgrades.

if anybody has it, could you please email it to me at ryancomputer@msn.com?

Does anybody has the 2.8 update? i have 2.4 right now, and having alot of problems with my phone & other things. the dealer here in curacao doesn't know what i'm talking about upgrades.

if anybody has it, could you please email it to me at ryancomputer@msn.com?

Go to syncmyride.com and follow the download/update instructions

Go to syncmyride.com and follow the download/update instructions

??

SyncMyRide doesn't have the 2.8 upgrade nor has it had any other updates. The only thing you can download is the status checker.

2.8 needs to be installed by a knowledgeable tech at the dealership.

Edited by wilsons66604

So another update on my Travellink problem. Even though I don't believe the Master System Reset had any effect on fixing it at all, it eventually worked it's way out over the weekend and fixed itself. So that was good.

The bad: 2.8 didn't fix the problem of my audio automatically switching itself over to my USB thumbdrive while the car was being turned on. That happened again on Sunday. So in the SYNC Media Player settings I have again turned Autoplay off which seems to be a workaround fix for this for the time being. The Zombie audio problem is still fixed so that is something I guess.

I have also noticed some system lag, especially in the first couple of minutes of being in the car. Things like hitting the voice command but not hearing the response bong noise until 20 seconds later. This does seem to work itself out after the first couple of minutes but it is bad enough to mention.

• Like 1

I recently had mine upgraded from 1.8 to 2.8. It had a ford recall, so i got my car cleaned inside and out and a loan car over the weekend since they had dramas downloading and installing from the server? I have not really noticed anything different in terms of speed. The Cross-Traffic now beeps and is very sensitive (a car approx 10m away set it off??) The one thing i have noticed is how slow it is to react when first switched on. If i start the car then go immediately into Navigation and search for a destination, it takes approx 2-3 minutes before anything happens. I used this many times on a recent trip and was wondering was it was SO CRAP. Or i would navigate to a previous destination and take the same time to show me where i was going. Lucky i also have Tomtom on my Iphone. Any other people seen this? or suggest a fix?

Nav takes a bit of time to load after starting the car. I see a msg, Nav loading unavailable until the software finsihes loading. I upgraded my Garmin to a 2460LT and many times use both simultaneously. Yes, can get very annoying when the both GPS play a prompt and they're using different messages.

Called dealer today to set up an appointment for the 2.8 update and was advised by the service advisor that their radio tech had been told that another major update was coming out next week and advised me to wait till then. Will go next week and get whatever they have then.

There seems to be a new update every week!

Called dealer today to set up an appointment for the 2.8 update and was advised by the service advisor that their radio tech had been told that another major update was coming out next week and advised me to wait till then. Will go next week and get whatever they have then.

I wish I had known that, I had mine done last week. from 1.8 to 2.8 and although my issues have previously been minor, white screens when leaving and re-entering the car and general sluggishness, ever since the update my phone has been acting wonky... sometimes it connects other times it doesn't, it had worked previously 100% of the time, (blackberry curve 3g 9300) I actually did a master reset and a fuse pull a few days after the update because I thought it was acting wonky.

I hate taking it to the dealership for any reason, Simple 1st service took 2.5-3 hours, and the sync update I dropped the car off at 8:30am and they had it all day, when I went to pick it up it still wasn't ready, had to wait 15-30 mins before it was ready.

Both these were scheduled with 2 separate dealerships.

M.

Wilson's 3.2 release may not be far away at this rate.

At this point my wife is pretty much on a first name basis with the service advisors at our Ford dealer. Given that I see improvements with every release my intention is to keep up with the latest releases unless that changes, or they come out with one where I can't find anything that I consider show stopping.

Wilson's 3.2 release may not be far away at this rate.

At this point my wife is pretty much on a first name basis with the service advisors at our Ford dealer. Given that I see improvements with every release my intention is to keep up with the latest releases unless that changes, or they come out with one where I can't find anything that I consider show stopping.

I had not intended to wait this long for the update but had more pressing matters that I had to do which kept me from taking the Edge in. I have also seen improvements with the earlier releases and hope this one helps. Biggest problems I have are the calendar showing the date as December 2030 and the clock not being correct on GPS and on manual it keeps changing.

I recently had mine upgraded from 1.8 to 2.8. It had a ford recall, so i got my car cleaned inside and out and a loan car over the weekend since they had dramas downloading and installing from the server? I have not really noticed anything different in terms of speed. The Cross-Traffic now beeps and is very sensitive (a car approx 10m away set it off??) The one thing i have noticed is how slow it is to react when first switched on. If i start the car then go immediately into Navigation and search for a destination, it takes approx 2-3 minutes before anything happens. I used this many times on a recent trip and was wondering was it was SO CRAP. Or i would navigate to a previous destination and take the same time to show me where i was going. Lucky i also have Tomtom on my Iphone. Any other people seen this? or suggest a fix?

I think there is something wrong with your navi - Mine is also on 2.8 (2011 LTD AWD), and mine takes under a minute from loading navigation until it is ready to use.

The latest info I have received regarding s/w levels is this

In your System Information, you'll see a CCPU S/W 5-digit version no

That should correspond to one of these part nos and s/w versions

10212 -AJ 1.8

10308 -BD 2.3

10337 -BE 2.4

11038 -BH 2.7

11063 -BJ 2.8

11081 -BL 2.10 (focus only)

That's all I know

I got v2.8 installed at the dealer on Friday. I tested everything I could after I picked it up and before I left the dealership. Everything seemed like it worked and there was definitely an increase in the responsiveness. I was really looking forward to leaving these problems behind.

The following day my phone stopped connecting AGAIN. I had to try about a dozen or more times across several trips in the vehicle before I could get it to connect again.

Today when I put it in reverse, the screen went black. I turned off the engine at the end of the block, waited a min, and restarted it. I then got the "performing system maintenance" screen, and it started up normally afterward.

This is REALLY starting to get aggravating. :angry:

Edited by mrdave

Got 2.8 installed and it is a little snappier and my Bluetooth connectivity seems improved BUT...

Backup camera does not work-- it acts like I don't have one at all

Sync services seems non existent.

Menu > Settings > Vehicle has only two options... I'm not sure what all was there but I have no way to get to ambient lighting.

Seat heaters are missing under temp control.

These are what I have noticed so far.

I guess the service tech didn't do must testing afterward. :(

I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Got 2.8 installed and it is a little snappier and my Bluetooth connectivity seems improved BUT...

Backup camera does not work-- it acts like I don't have one at all

Sync services seems non existent.

Menu > Settings > Vehicle has only two options... I'm not sure what all was there but I have no way to get to ambient lighting.

Seat heaters are missing under temp control.

These are what I have noticed so far.

I guess the service tech didn't do must testing afterward. :(

I'll have to call them tomorrow.

Sounds like you didn't do any testing before leaving the dealership either - hope it is a quick fix.

Sounds like you didn't do any testing before leaving the dealership either - hope it is a quick fix.

It's hard to test every aspect of this system.

I've found myself leaving the dealership without testing everything.

Not much you can do when a person picks up the car after the techs have gone home.

Besides...I shouldn't have to double check the dealerships work! That is what they should be doing.

It's hard to test every aspect of this system.

I've found myself leaving the dealership without testing everything.

Not much you can do when a person picks up the car after the techs have gone home.

Besides...I shouldn't have to double check the dealerships work! That is what they should be doing.

Shouldn't have to - is true - but not reality with pretty much anything. Seat heaters on on the main screen - so that would have been an easy one to see.

Don't depend on the sync site. Contact your service department for updates...

Though if his service dept. is like mine, they will simply deny that there is any update available! Hence the reason I'm still stuck at 2.3.

Yes the temptation to find another Lincoln service dealership is huge but that would mean a minimum 400km round trip...