MFT Overhaul Press Release

People with nav get an SD card and a flash drive.

Ā 

Incidentally, I wonder if copying the SD card's contents onto a faster card would speed up the nav?

Ā 

Ā 

Hey Dingo,

Ā 

Where did you hear Nav users also get an SD card? That's awesome if its true!

Ā 

Also everyone should hold on jacking this thread into an SD card review. Lets wait until we have confirmation you can copy it to a new card. I'm guessing you can't, but have never tried it myself. Its likely VIN locked, so it could be possible as long as it's only used in the same vehicle.

Ā 

If this doesn't work, it may be possible with an actual disk copy utility. There could be sector information on the SD card that won't copy using standard methods.

Hey Dingo,

Ā 

Where did you hear Nav users also get an SD card? That's awesome if its true!

Ā 

Also everyone should hold on jacking this thread into an SD card review. Lets wait until we have confirmation you can copy it to a new card. I'm guessing you can't, but have never tried it myself. Its likely VIN locked, so it could be possible as long as it's only used in the same vehicle.

Ā 

If this doesn't work, it may be possible with an actual disk copy utility. There could be sector information on the SD card that won't copy using standard methods.

Ā 

Ā 

Jaclyn At Ford No problem, Ron.

Ā 

@Carrie & Nicole -

Ā 

Customers that purchased the navigation option will receive a new and improved SD-card in their Performance Upgrade packet. :)

Ā 

Give me a shout if you have additional questions.

3 hours ago Ā· Like

Ā 

Ā 

@Carrie & Nicole -

Ā 

Customers that purchased the navigation option will receive a new and improved SD-card in their Performance Upgrade packet. :)

Ā 

3 hours ago Ā· Like

Ā 

Ā 

Sweeeeeet!!! As long as they don't give us Canucks a hard time. I'm wondering if we'll get any of our missing services (in Canada)...and our web browser. I want the web browser! :rockon:

Ā 

@Carrie & Nicole -

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago Ā· Like

The new Nav card is a big plus. I will really appreciate it.

Ā 

UPDATE:

Performance Upgrade packet

G Wiz ... a packet. Kinda feels like Christmas!

Edited by wilsons66604

It would be nice if it were to land on Christmas... highly doubted though.

Ā 

Ā 

Took the Fiesta in today to get the snow tires put on from the Canadian winter promotion

Ā 

The service manager talked to me about my Edge and said that he is expecting the new upgrade on January 13, 2012.

Ā 

He said I can expect a letter from Ford early in the new year re: update.

Took the Fiesta in today to get the snow tires put on from the Canadian winter promotion

Ā 

The service manager talked to me about my Edge and said that he is expecting the new upgrade on January 13, 2012.

Ā 

He said I can expect a letter from Ford early in the new year re: update.

Ā 

Nice news. Hopefully it will be the same here in the US

• 2 weeks later...

Have you ever managed an extremely large and complex software project?

Ā 

Ā 

Easy now, no need to attack the other poster.

Ā 

Since Ford has never officially communicated a target date other than 1st quarter 2012 for the release, they may still make it.

Ā 

I think people's hopes were raised when there was an 'unofficial' statement from a dealer (earlier in the thread) that it was going to be released mid-January.

Ā 

I'll believe it when I see it, until then, it's just vapor-ware.

• Like 1