My Ford Touch New Software Release

More lag in the overall system? Maybe a tad.

More lag in navigation? Definitely. I don't know if that's tied to the GPS lock issue or if the A4 card just gets read slower than the A3 card.

Crazy how these updates are fixing some stuff and introducing new & bizzare bugs with each iteration. I know lots of owners here and on the Sync forum are very frustrated. I'm mildly irritated with MFT, but I really like everything else about my Edge. Sad that Ford can't stabilize the software.

Peace,

DM

Can someone post the TSB in March 13 that addresses the GPS issues? It is talked in link below. After back & forth- TSB now appears to apply to 2013 & not 2012 or 2011 models EVEN though they can have the EXACT gen 2 3.5.1 that seemed to increase the GPS issues. I have it where the GPS symbol has the line through at start up & can take 15+ minutes to appear & I have a 2011.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=6979

Edited by drpepper

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried installing the Gen2 - V3.6.2 update to my 2012 Edge and at first it tells me that I already have the updated version then I get a ERROR message saying: "INSTALLATION FAILED The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version"

I'm super frustrated with this, because I was just at the dealer yesterday for over 5 hours trying to get the MFT updated without this new version. Upon leaving they mentioned this was a DIY.

How do I know what version I am currently running on?? Is it the CCPU Version #?

I'm in Puerto Rico, so I tried doing the Vehicle Health Report online and its not available. :-/

Also, last year when everyone in the US was receiving the USBs in the mail, I had to take mine to the dealer. A WHOLE day thing. Apparently they only sent USBs to dealerships and not individuals.

What's a girl to do?

predgegirl.... One option that worked on other version installs in past was to do a "master reset" first. Then try to install update. You will may loose any personally stored data like any navigation favorites but it has helped with the error "The installation has run out of space" in the past.

Another...If you are able to download to a USB flash why not take to dealer? Not sure how it works outside US but Ford's paperwork did state DEALERS can do for you if you so choose to not self install. Someone either here on or on focus fanatics posted the Ford letter sent to dealerships.

another - reboot the system 1st then try install. Us etghe delayed reboot app or pull out the sync fuse or disconnect the battery to achieve the forced reboot.

I tried installing the Gen2 - V3.6.2 update to my 2012 Edge and at first it tells me that I already have the updated version then I get a ERROR message saying: "INSTALLATION FAILED The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version"

I'm super frustrated with this, because I was just at the dealer yesterday for over 5 hours trying to get the MFT updated without this new version. Upon leaving they mentioned this was a DIY.

How do I know what version I am currently running on?? Is it the CCPU Version #?

I'm in Puerto Rico, so I tried doing the Vehicle Health Report online and its not available. :-/

Also, last year when everyone in the US was receiving the USBs in the mail, I had to take mine to the dealer. A WHOLE day thing. Apparently they only sent USBs to dealerships and not individuals.

What's a girl to do?

This is the downloaded updated for North American cars (from attached TSB 13-08-02):

http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe

This is the update for Export models (my Middle East model, it differs from US models by having even numbered FM frequencies & not having 911 assist)

http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v361build13171updatepackageExportRev1.zip

Not sure which is for your car, if any.

To know if you have the latest update, in CCPU version # you should have 13171 at the end (MFT V3.5.1 I think had 12285, TSB 12-11-01 also attached).

tsb13-08-02.pdf

TSB 12-11-01.pdf

Edited by omar302

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone having trouble with the ambient lighting? After the latest software update, I turned the ambient lighting off. The ambient lighting comes on when I either start the with lights on or I turn lights on after starting car. I have tried the master reset, no help. Anyone have any ideas on this problem? I'm getting tired of turning the ambient lighting off every time I start the car.

Edited by scottty6

• 5 months later...

I tried running the 3.6.2 update yesterday and the install said that your system has already been upgraded. It's possible that the dealership already upgraded it but how can I check the current version. According to the ford support site it has never been updated but that could easily be inaccurate.

Sorry, I must be slow. I can't find a download link for the Status Checker Tool and the Vehicle history report doesn't show the software version.

Never mind. After running the History Report, if I click the check for updates it says that I am on the current version.

Edited by pjsockett

• 3 months later...

This is the downloaded updated for North American cars (from attached TSB 13-08-02):

http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v361build13171serviceNARev1.exe

This is the update for Export models (my Middle East model, it differs from US models by having even numbered FM frequencies & not having 911 assist)

http://www.syncmyride.com/syncmedia/swparts/Gen2v361build13171updatepackageExportRev1.zip

Not sure which is for your car, if any.

To know if you have the latest update, in CCPU version # you should have 13171 at the end (MFT V3.5.1 I think had 12285, TSB 12-11-01 also attached).

predgegirl / omar302

Beleive the issue predgegirl is having, apart from the lack of space and dealer visits, 911 & VHR are not working for her. I believe this is a limitation Ford has put into production cars going to PR considered and export market.

Bobby Marks :drop:

predgegirl / omar302

Beleive the issue predgegirl is having, apart from the lack of space and dealer visits, 911 & VHR are not working for her. I believe this is a limitation Ford has put into production cars going to PR considered and export market.

Bobby Marks :drop:

Perhaps Ford puts in a block in the programing preventing 911 & VHR to work.

Bobby

• 1 month later...

How can I check my MFT version? On Help menu I got 4.11

In the main (center Screen):

Settings>

Help>

System Information>

CCPU S/W Version

Check the number in the middle:

If it was 13171, then you have version 3.6.2 (latest North America)

If it was 12285, then you have version 3.5.1

If it was 12156, then you have version 3.2.2

If it was 12023, then you have version 3.0.2 (the 1st “Performance upgrade” released in March 2012)

Less than that, it is a very old version.

Also, you can check here version numbers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFord_Touch#Versions

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick shoutout to Omar302 for posting the TSB information for the 3.6v update. I was just able to get my 2011 Edge Sport updated and get my A3 nav disc working again. As the syncmyride website would never give me access to download the newest update.

So glad I signed up for the board and did some research.

Thank you so much.

Edited by Kick808
  • Like 1