My Ford Touch New Software Release

Hello Kirby

What is or does this new update address? And you say we will get yet another SD card? I am waiting for an available loaner car, should be next week, to have my MFT worked on yet again. I am waiting for this golden update that will finally fix everything. Not sure that will ever happen

New maps, better interface for entering addresses, better voice recognition plus a few other things.

Got my 3.5 update this week, all is fine. One thing I did notice, is that now when you enter a persons name in the address book. There s a "space bar" so now you can have a space between the persons first and last name ! Glad to see this change.

Edited by JOEHIO

Found a new feature in the V3.5.1 update! You can turn off the MFT display under Display Settings.

To turn it back on, simply touch the screen or right side steering wheel 5-button controls.

And found a missing feature! If you have the rear Camer reverse delay (that keeps the camera on on drive until you speed), the button for "cancel" is gone. Now you HAVE to speed to dismiss the Camera!

To keep the camera on when shifting back to drive is a feature that can be turned on in the vehicle settings of the MFT screen. The camera will remain on until you reach a speed of about 5-10 mph.

Before the 3.5.1 update, there used to be a cancel button to cancel the feature when you shifted to drive (a one time cancel), but with 3.5.1, there is no cancel button.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the 3.5.1 update done at my dealer on Wednesday since I have nav. Two days of driving and everything seems stable, but the last two updates have not gotten weird until several weeks down the road so I'm not reading too much into that. Most of the changes that have been mentioned, I've seen too, but nothing seems to be a deal breaker for me.

The main thing I'm happy with is the voice command seems to be working well on my iPod control. I've never really had issues with voice command controlling my phone nor navigation, but USB control never worked consistently. Now it does. Very happy about that.

I did ask my service rep to check in his system to make sure that the new warranty information was connected to my VIN. He verified that I had a 4 yr / unlimited mileage warranty on my APIM from the date I bought the car.

Peace,

DM

Yeah - keep holding your breath .... wish I hadn't updated to the 3.5.1. I've been two weeks in now and I've had several times where the BT doesn't auto connect to my phone. (never an issue on 3.2.2) Several times its told me I don't have a USB device plugged in. (it lies) You can't connect to a WiFi is its protected because you can't enter the pass code (kybd ghosted) Not happy .... but I have bigger fish atm.

MLT/MFT in gen 2 3.5.1 The Text to speech ringer option is now broken. This is after a reboot & a master reset that did not resolve. Do not think phone dependant feature since it worked in all other versions & the phone was repaied after update. When a call comes in & the text to speach is selected - there is no audio- It used to announce the person calling. Appears others have seens same problem when readingover at sync my ride

At sync y ride I wasn't able to see an available update to 3.5.1, and discovered in the FAQ. (Bold text is my addition)

Today, we are proud to announce the release of a new software update, available immediately for many SYNC® with MyFord Touch®/MyLincoln Touch systems. This new software will provide the following enhancements to your current system:

• Return of the outside air temperature to the 8 inch display
• Updated phone pairing process
• Enhanced voice and screen destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
• Simplified voice commands for music
• Enhancements to voice recognition
• Updated SYNC/device compatibility

Please note that the update is not yet available for MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch vehicles equipped with Navigation. For these vehicles, the software update requires a complimentary replacement SD card. We plan to have your replacement SD cards, as well as the new software update, ready for you in January. We will make an announcement in the forums when you are able to request your replacement SD card. Please be aware that if you perform the update without the replacement SD card in a Navigation-equipped vehicle, your Navigation system will be inoperable.

If your vehicle is not equipped with SD Card Navigation, you can log in and check for updates now.

We look forward to sharing an enhanced MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch experience with all of you.

I'd like to point out that this update requires me to monitor the (sync my ride) forums for the release of a replacement SD card. Why must I monitor Fords forums for an update? They know that I have a vehicle with navigation, and should send me a new SD card if it's required for an update to fix their broken MFT system.

<vent>This MFT system STYNCS and I've got a wife, family, and friends who have experienced the system and it's problems first hand.</vent>

At sync y ride I wasn't able to see an available update to 3.5.1, and discovered in the FAQ. (Bold text is my addition)

I'd like to point out that this update requires me to monitor the (sync my ride) forums for the release of a replacement SD card. Why must I monitor Fords forums for an update? They know that I have a vehicle with navigation, and should send me a new SD card if it's required for an update to fix their broken MFT system.

<vent>This MFT system STYNCS and I've got a wife, family, and friends who have experienced the system and it's problems first hand.</vent>

Someone who didn't receive the update e-mailed support and got a reply:

Dear XXX,

thank you for your email in regards to updating sync.

There is a known issue with the 3.5.1 update not showing up for download for all customers. Our web team is working to resolve this issue, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

lindsay

ford motor company

sync support center

As for your case, having Navigation, you can go to your dealer to perform the update & get your SD card from them.

Back up camera zoom- did it change in gen 2 3.5.1? I thought there was multible steps in the zoom in prior versions. I pressed the zoom today in the back up mode camera & it only zoomed once & wwas way in to piont of not effective.

I also remeber that there were several zoom levels.

Furthermore, earlier, there was also a cancel button when you shifted to Drive (if you had the Rear Camera Delay feature on), now they removed it.

If you have the FMT & NAV, they [dealerships] will strongly insist on doing it AT the dealership. They had to "make sure that everything was reset and correctly re-flashed" They kept my A3 card and installed the A4 card. The reason its worded as "not available for X configurations" is that they don't have a "owner package with the A4 SD card" available. Only the dealer shop upgrade kits and directions.

Zoom functions .. yes there is only one (now) and it's meant for seeing the hitch and ball alignment. Everyone else .. go get bent I guess.

Yes - there "used" to be a cancel button .... I never was really sure why I'd need that .. but I like options ..not getting them removed.

I called my dealership today to report the inability to connect to a protected WiFi due to the keyboard being ghosted. They'd already heard about it and did't have any idea on what why when or if there was going to a something done about it. Nice ...

• 3 weeks later...
... I called my dealership today to report the inability to connect to a protected WiFi due to the keyboard being ghosted. They'd already heard about it and did't have any idea on what why when or if there was going to a something done about it. Nice ...

Same thing over here, all the keyboard is ghosted except the "e" ...

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have notes on this new update? I know that there probably isnt European maps, but I'd still like to know what they are updating. I have a lot of phone connection issues with My MFT. It would be nice if those went away. I think if I updated this without the SD card I would only loose my compass, because I live in Germany.

phone connection issues is one of the things it says it fixes as well as simplifies voice commands. Also if you have an iphone you can now get your messages to display and be read to you, sending does not work (doesn't bother me considering there are only 10 preset texts to choose from anyways.)

c_bova,

Did you get that off of Ford's site?

About the latest update

The latest SYNC with MyFord Touch update includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:

• Simplified phone pairing process
  • Revised voice commands for radio and USB-connected audio players (ex. Say “Play U2” instead of “Play artist U2”)
  • Improved voice and touchscreen destination entry in navigation mode (if equipped)
  • Enhanced voice recognition performance
  • Updated Bluetooth device compatibility
  • Support for audible.com audiobooks (if equipped)
  • Outside air temperature display on the 8-inch touchscreen

Because it looks like it's talking about the last update.

Syncmyride is advising me I have a new update available, step1 was to order a new Nav SD card. Once it shows up I will probably flip a coin to decide if I am going to upgrade from 3.2 or just wait for something to break ;)

Does it mention what version it's offering?