NEW MFT UPDATE IS OUT!!!!

Date: March 5, 2012

To: All Ford & Lincoln Dealers, General Managers, Sales, Service, & Parts Personnel

Subject: ACTION REQUIRED - MyFord/MyLincoln Touch PERFORMANCE UPGRADE

SUMMARY

At the Ford Motor Company, ...

In addition, successful completion of the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE extends the coverage on the SYNC module to four years (five years for Lincoln) from the warranty start date of the vehicle (unlimited mileage). This coverage exceeds the original warranty coverage provisions

for the SYNC module.

The vehicle must be running, and in park with the parking brake engaged in order to initiate the installation process. The vehicle may be driven once the

PERFORMANCE UPGRADE has begun although some functionality may be limited/unavailable during the installation process, such as phone/media player usage, rear view camera, & climate control via the touch screen (conventional climate control buttons on the instrument panel will remain working).

Both of these are good to know!

Peace,

DM

not sure if you saw my question on the other page FordGuru, but can you apply the update and still use the old map card?

NO with the new update the old map card does NOT work. We just tested it in our service dept you must have a new SD card for the nav to work

I hope mine comes this week. I REALLY hope I don't have to take it in to get it applied since I don't want to wait any longer. I had my first free oil change from my dealership that I bought from this weekend. AWFUL service. I waited for almost 3 hours for an oil change when I had an appointment at 9am. You would think they would try to impress you to get you to come back. The way they handled the queue was horrible too as I got there right on time for my appointment but apparently it is first come as people with appointments after me were taken first. At my BMW service appointments I was always on time and tekn right away and out in 30-40 mins for an oil change.

Glad I do all my oil changes as it only takes 30 mins for me to pull everything out and complete the job. I only went to the dealer since this one was free. Bad idea.

MyFord Touch Performance Upgrade begins shipping March 5, 2012

More than 300,000 current owners of 2011 and 2012 Ford Edges, Explorers and Focuses with the MyFord Touch system will soon be receiving some new software from their car company — the much-anticipated MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch system upgrade software.

Dave Martin, Field Service Engineer for Ford, said March 5 that Ford would begin mailing out a special packet to the thousands of 2011/2012 model year Edge, MKX, Explorer and 2012 Focus owners with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch. The packet will include a USB flash drive with updated software, a notification letter, detailed instructions for the 60-minute download, and an update user guide. Navigation-equipped vehicle owners also will receive an updated SD card with all-new, updated map data.

Ford and Lincoln service departments are gearing up for this release because, if preferred, customers can elect to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer for installation of the upgrade.

The new software upgrade will be installed on the 2012 Ford Taurus and the Flex which are now going into the “build mode.”

The touch screen interface was first introduced in 2010 and has received many improvements since then, however, this new performance upgrade will simplify the interface and bring faster performance. It will have better phone compatibility, support for tablet computers and Audible audiobooks, improved navigation maps and destination entry.

Ford has seen a dramatic growth in the use of their in-vehicle technologies since the introduction of the Sync system in 2008. A recent survey of 2011 and 2012 owners with Sync and MyFord Touch has found that 91 percent are using the hands-free calling at least once a month. Just over 60 percent use the hands-free phone calling every day. Eighty-five percent use wireless Bluetooth audio streaming with nearly half using it every day.

The performance upgrade is offered at no charge to existing MyFord Touch/MyLincoln Touch owners (it’s covered under warranty). Most customers can upgrade the system themselves, however a few “early production” Explorers and Edges may need to have the work done exclusively at a Ford Service Department. For more information, please contact your Ford or Lincoln dealer. Or visit the site, www.fordtechlane.com

the SD cards are on what's called "seed stock" meaning Ford is gonna disperse a designated amount of cards to dealers. This is due to the fact that the cards become vehicle specific after they are inserted into the nav card slot.

(my card wont work in your edge, explorer, fusion, etc.)

I didn't have wind noise.

Here are some shots for y'all to enjoy:

DSC_5535.jpg

DSC_5536.jpg

DSC_5537.jpg

While first installing:

DSC_5521.jpg

Service pack!

DSC_5522.jpg

More installing...

DSC_5524.jpg

Success!

DSC_5526.jpg

Even more successful!

DSC_5528.jpg

Running!

DSC_5529.jpg

Nav card in!

DSC_5532.jpg

Phone working!

DSC_5534.jpg

Yeah, I might be a little excited. If anyone has a question, I'll do my best to answer...

• Like 3

dj, it came from a dealer.

redbirdpat, I'm inside now with an ice pack on my leg, so I'm working on memory, but I think there was a reset in the same place as on the old system. I'm not sure how much you'll need it, though. The new software is WAY faster, and I tried to hang it and couldn't. Even with auto phonebook download on, it was 3 seconds from off to fully running, and indexing my music flash drive took under 30 seconds.

I didn't have wind noise.

Here are some shots for y'all to enjoy:

DSC_5535.jpg

DSC_5536.jpg

DSC_5537.jpg

While first installing:

DSC_5521.jpg

Service pack!

DSC_5522.jpg

More installing...

DSC_5524.jpg

Success!

DSC_5526.jpg

Even more successful!

DSC_5528.jpg

Running!

DSC_5529.jpg

Nav card in!

DSC_5532.jpg

Phone working!

DSC_5534.jpg

Yeah, I might be a little excited. If anyone has a question, I'll do my best to answer...

How does the new map data look? Faster route calculations?

Did they add the web browser?

How does the new map data look? Faster route calculations?

Did they add the web browser?

Nav seemed to be faster. I haven't tried too many addresses, though, so I don't know if it'll be more effective.

If there's a web browser there, I didn't see it.

Nav seemed to be faster. I haven't tried too many addresses, though, so I don't know if it'll be more effective.

If there's a web browser there, I didn't see it.

Cool. Hopefully somebody will upload it as a torrent so we dont have to wait on Ford to snail mail it.