MFT 3.02+ Wishlist

I disagree completely. I think most people switch between presets way more often than they browse all stations. In fact I never browse all stations - I just go back and forth amongst my presets. Don't you get at least 12 presets (6 on fm1 and 6 on fm2)?

I understand some people may not like it which is why there should be an option. There is no way to browse stations from the touchscreen (except for the useless scan) or steering wheel (except for the hold seek which is such a pain to do that it is actually useless). The only way I have found to actually browse stations is from the touch controls of the volume knob, which is also a pain. When you travel the presets become useless so it is essential that there is an easy way to browse stations. My Chrysler worked like this and it was far superior.

I understand some people may not like it which is why there should be an option. There is no way to browse stations from the touchscreen (except for the useless scan) or steering wheel (except for the hold seek which is such a pain to do that it is actually useless). The only way I have found to actually browse stations is from the touch controls of the volume knob, which is also a pain. When you travel the presets become useless so it is essential that there is an easy way to browse stations. My Chrysler worked like this and it was far superior.

I agree it would be nice if it was an option but I can understand why Ford would do it the way they did. Does the Edge have an autoset feature? Our Aviator had that and it would do an autoseek and lock in the presets to the 6 strongest stations. When you were done it would switch back to the original presets. That worked great until we got Sirius. Now we just put it on the 70s or 80s channel and never have to change it.

I would like to see support for all these My Ford Touch Enabled apps such as Pandora, Slacker, Stitcher and others.

I was told when I purchased my 2011 Lincoln MKX that the system supported them only to find out after I took delivery of the car that those features are not enabled for my car.

i'll admit I have no idea what Slacker and Stitcher are but as far as Pandora goes, since you're having to use your phone anyway to access a network, using Pandora on your phone and having it come through the car speakers is not a big deal.

With all the voice commands that are available, I can't believe there still isn't a command to turn the heated seats on and off. I want to be able to turn the heater on without taking my hands off the steering wheel. Every other climate control feature can be controlled by voice, so why not the seats?

I wish they would just put all the gadget and gizmos that we can use to build the screens we want. Let us design what we want on the web then download it to the car. If I want my temp in every page, that's what I get. If I want my preselects a certain size and location, than that's what I get.

Total customization had been around for a very long time and they should bring it to MFT. Give me a program and a palette to choose from to design MY display. That's what I want in the next release.

i'll admit I have no idea what Slacker and Stitcher are but as far as Pandora goes, since you're having to use your phone anyway to access a network, using Pandora on your phone and having it come through the car speakers is not a big deal.

The big deal is with the App Link you can start Pandora without taking the phone out of your pocket and you can change stations, or song by using voice commands instead of looking down at your phone while your driving to switch channels or songs.Its a great safety feature.

I hate that they took the audio controls off the home screen, so I'd like to have that back.

Also, I'd like to have the audio controls for streaming bluetooth audio from a phone back at all (they don't exist in the new version).

I will never listen to the radio, so I'd like the ability to rearrange the audio input buttons to have the ones I do use all on one screen and not have to scroll down to switch to my phone, especially since it never stays connected and you have to scroll down multiple times to select the phone to get it to reconnect, but I digress.

I like the idea of general customization throughout the system. That would make the whole thing so much more useful and usable for each person.

I will never listen to the radio, so I'd like the ability to rearrange the audio input buttons to have the ones I do use all on one screen and not have to scroll down to switch to my phone, especially since it never stays connected and you have to scroll down multiple times to select the phone to get it to reconnect, but I digress.

There is a quarter inch above and below the input buttons they could add once more button to input list "blue tooth" with no other impact.

I would like to better use of the steering wheel controls I think it is less distracting for the driver if the hands stay on the wheel. Like controlling the vents for one. Also why is there no way to switch the HD radio station from the MFT it seems logical that I should be able to click on somethig like the HD icon to do that.

Oh and of course let me have outside temp back, and artist and song on the lower left, ofter owning the car for 10 min I know that the lower left is entertainment I do not need to see that. And finally give me back the percent done bar for the MP3 player.

I think this "performance upgrade" took away too many nice things from the previous version. I would rather have seen them fix the problems instead of removing features.

• Like 1

here is some whislist

1- outseide temp

2-Voice recognition when say play song and i got 2 or 3 verison of song i was able to playing all now not

3-in the media corner maby its more usefule pu a quick button like befor play/puse or netx and just the big font of what is palying an the name of device cuse we actualy see it in the last verison mft in the downlefet corner

4-else in the phone corner maby it is more usefule to put there a quick button or somting like that

5-in the media page there is no option th change title or file name or album

6-in the media page there is no option th change time left or bar time left or all time

if i rember another thing i will add it

thank you

As stated previously, APPS for Pandora, Slacker Radio, Stitcher, etc.

talked to someone on the Sync/MFT team about this and they said they will work on that as soon as they get the system functioning the way it should be. Once that's complete then they'll add things in.

I know some of these have already been said but here's my list:

•  
  • Bring back the outside temperature to the main screen.
  • Display song information on the home menu
  • Have play/pause/next track/prev track controls accessible for CD/ Bluetooth/SD/MP3 from the main menu, not just the entertainment hub
  • When pausing a song, don't make the audio controls disappear in the entertainment menu.
  • Update the Sirius text labels. Include information for when they change select channels during the holiday season(ie Change BBC Radio One to Studio 54, Change Love to Holly during Christmas season, etc.)
  • Update support for more mobile broadband USB devices.

Edited by americangame