What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Yeaaaaa, I can just see it now, pulls into a crowded parking lot, steps out of the car like he owns the place, checks his reflection in the outside mirror: hair in place (check), dark glasses (check), gut sucked in (uh well, check).

Look-ing-good.

Now he slowly opens the door aaaallllllll the way open. Not fast, but with deliberate effort to show his new, one-of-a-kind, Chinese, hinge, bolt, covers.

Ooooohhhh yaaaaaa.

Looks not at the assembling crowd, but at the clouds, the stars, the infinity of human existence.

Now, don't give them too much, close the door sloooooly, let them lean over to hold a look as long as they can.

Click.

The door is now closed, locked, and you strut confidently away, a small smile can be seen as you enter the local Targja to ponder to latest additions in the auto department.....

• Like 5

Got clicking noise on key turn. Borrowed neighbor's plug-in jumper box and trundled on over to AutoZone. $130 later and the starter sounds like it's getting spanked a little harder now. Old battery was a Sprawlmart with a 6/14 sticker on it. I knew it was bad, I was just in denial.

Cleaned all the postings and such and the PCM got all stupid. Pretty rough between 3rd-4th. Even more incentive to hope the coil/PCM overhaul will correct that.

• Like 1

Cleaned the windshield.

Normally it's not something to write about, except I tried Chris Fix's process (youtube) for "super cleaning the windshield.

Basically you start one the outside with Windex & dry with microfiber towel. Then claybar the glass using lots of water (this cleans the dirt and oil from the pores of the glass) and drying with microfiber towels. Finally rubbing down the glass with cabana wax. Buff with another microfiber towel. The cabana fills in the glass pores making the glass super smooth. Rain will bead off like Rain-X and bugs will not stick. One advantage is, it will last for a few months.

Next I cleaned the inside with glass Windex, dryed with a microfiber towel, cleaned the glass with a Magic Eraser and lots of water (disolves all of the plastic oils on the glass) and buffed with another microfiber towel.

He was right, the glass is super clean, and will stay that was for months due to the cabana.

Edited by enigma-2
  • Like 1

Eons ago when I was but a lad I worked at the local municipal airport washing and waxing gen av airplanes. I would also wax the windshields with a good quality carnauba wax - NON ABRASIVE. I pilots loved how the rain would just bead and rinse away. I used to do this on my cars but for a few years now I have been doing a summer and winter application of Rain-X. Might try going back to wax tho.

• Like 1

I did not know you have a wax cabana LOL. But carnauba wax does wear quickly off paint unless it is a newer hybrid wax. I don't know about months of longevity.

What, you never heard of (wait for it) "wax on, wax off". (groan)

Don't know for certain, it's what he said in the video, seems to stand to reason however (gotta be better than Rain-X, which lasts only until the first time you run the wipers). Maybe it lasts longer on glass that on paint????

Well anyway, we'll see (heh).

• Like 1

I also wax my windshield. It definitely holds up better than Rain-X. When it is still fresh, anything over 40 mph in heavy rain and you don't even need the wipers on. Its difficult to get all the residual wax off though. Maybe if I clay it first it would help.

• Like 1

Keep an eye on codes in the PCM. And I do hope the plugs/coils/PCM are at the root. But I would not be surprised if the valve body/solenoid body assembly are involved. Just something to have at the back of the mind (Plan X).

Do you have a quick link for that? This is already further down the rabbit hole than I wanted to go.

• Like 1

I like that black hood accent on the silver!

When I lived out there we would cruise up Angeles Crest Highway over to Wrightwood then down through San Berdo back to OC. Great fun until all the crotch rockets took over.

(...bet those hinge covers looked good up on Mulholland!)

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

Let me give you a rundown of what is going on with mine....

Edge got rear ended by an inattentive driver. Damage was primarily the rear bumper. Taken to shop and fixed

The day I pick up the Edge, my wife's 300 gets rear ended in traffic by another inattentive driver (long story behind that one) and I wind up dropping it off at the same shop that fixed the Edge.

Shopping for some new shoes for the Edge. Had to order the Kumho Crugen KL33s because, quite frankly, the YK580 is discontinued as is the original Michelin Latitude HP. Looked at Pirelli Scorpion Verde but remembered my experience with those. Looked at Falkens but the Kumhos were the better bang for the buck because of the V Rating.

Trying to find new housings for my headlights because one got cracked by a rock. Going to hold the wife to her word of not arguing with me on any lighting upgrades when I present these to her: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/led-bulbs/9012-morimoto-2stroke-51620.html

Got a new license plate frame because the old one was looking worse for wear.

Also saw some switchbacks on there I like as well as some new reverse lights for my Edge.

• Like 1

I haven't heard of this sealer before and checked Amazon for user feedback. There was only one write up and it wasn't good. User wrote he used two coats and it didn't bead water very well.

why would you go to amazon for a review of a detailing product? Gyeon has been around for a minute and is gaining more popularity. Feynlab is still #1 coating though

• Like 1