What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Now yer talkin......I did mine with plastidip along with the "Edge" and "Sport" emblems. The gloss wrap should look great.

I also did my Edge and Sport emblems in black plastidip with the glossifier topcoat and I am very surprised how well it is holding up, still looks perfect after 6 months. I was skeptical of it at first, but that stuff definitely has its uses. I would never use it on wheels, or the whole body of a car. Its just too soft for that and can peel too easy. It reminds me of that flexseal crap you see on infomercials lol.

• Like 1

Installed these stickers for the driver's door keypad buttons due to the worn out numbers. Used the instructions in this post with a 15cm long flathead screw driver. Also since I was afraid the numbers would not lit up uniformly as the font/size do not match, I decided to rub off the old numbers completely using nail filer. outcome is OK, not quite like a new keypad, but nonetheless much better than before.

The worn out keypad:

post-24673-0-47372500-1498493993_thumb.jpg

All buttons erased:

post-24673-0-95456500-1498494021_thumb.jpg

Put the stickers on 4 buttons:

post-24673-0-73482700-1498494010_thumb.jpg

Finished:

post-24673-0-29488800-1498494037_thumb.jpg

Finished at night:

post-24673-0-26804300-1498494042_thumb.jpg

Edited by omar302
  • Like 1

That looks soooo much better

Mine are flat black but I'm actually thinking of removing both bezels and replacing each bezel with 2 exhaust tips from my departed M3. Want the quad exhaust tip look. Just unsure of how to connect the 2 tips to the single OEM exhaust pipe on each side. Any ideas appreciated!

Put on the gloss black finished exhaust bezels (red was hideous). No more chrome to speak of of the exterior, just red and black.

Does look good!

Also, the Chinese company that I bought the hinge covers from double shipped. So I have an extra set. If anyone is interested you can have them for shipping costs. I am in 75025. PM me here.

What do you mean by hinge covers? can you show a pic?

More like what I didn't do in the past four days.

Started on Thursday evening 7/6 with front brake pad replacement easy job and spark plug change again pretty easy (4 cylinder) except for a dropped tool and not being able to find it without pulling off the bottom cover off without having the car on ramps (very tight fit for a fat man like myself).

Then on Friday after a trip to O'reillys to "rent for free" a the rear brake caliper tool and did the rear brake pads again not to hard once you get the hang of the tool. Then came what should have been the easiest job of all should being the key word. Went on to do an oil change and when we pulled off the bottom cover off the previous day there was some oil on the cover. Upon further inspection it looked like it was coming from the drain plug. The oil level has been fine checked it multiple times in Colorado, but any oil leak is concerning to me. Went on and decided to buy a drain plug because no local auto parts store or the ford dealership had the gaskets in stock. Bought an drain plug from Orielly's and it didn't fit, brought a drain plug from Autozone it didn't fit. Both of these were looked up on there parts search in store. Finally got the right one from Carquest and figured out that both the other stores looked up for the V6 smh :shrug: although I specifically said the 2.0 liter four cylinder. Replaced that finished the oil change and pressure washed the cover and put it back on to check for other leaks just in case that wasn't the issue all in all a two and a half hour oil change that normally takes me 30-45 minutes.

Then after a day of rest today I decided to wash the car and put on a fresh coat of wax from top to bottom including the wheels which came out amazing. Of course as I was finishing the last panel on the wax job I start to hear thunder in the distance :arrive_alive: get that finished and quickly oiled the BAMR rails and I think it is done for a while. Of course once I am done and have it sitting in the shed thankfully covered but not closed up it stores storming with high winds so I am sure it got wet right away oh well. I am glad to get some of those minor jobs done and thankful none of the mechanical stuff was that hard.

• Like 1

Added some leftover M3 quad exhaust tips I had in my garage. Outboard tips are for show and not connected to the exhaust pipe, only the inboard tips are connected. No room to use a traditional "Y" pipe with the stock muffler/pipe configuration.

post-46522-0-62289700-1499704846_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

Added some leftover M3 quad exhaust tips I had in my garage. Outboard tips are for show and not connected to the exhaust pipe, only the inboard tips are connected. No room to use a traditional "Y" pipe with the stock muffler/pipe configuration.

Did you remove the metal clips used to attached the stock chrome trapezoid bezels? And if so, did you also cut away the mounting bosses to clean it up a bit and make room for the dual tips? I cant really see them anymore, unless they're just out of view in the picture.

The entire plastic mount, including screw bosses, metal clips, etc is removed as an entire assembly with no cutting required. Just have to crawl under there and you'll see the screws that hold it in place. It is a tight area to work though. But because there is no cutting required, you can save the shroud mounting assembly in case you want to revert back to stock.

Did you remove the metal clips used to attached the stock chrome trapezoid bezels? And if so, did you also cut away the mounting bosses to clean it up a bit and make room for the dual tips? I cant really see them anymore, unless they're just out of view in the picture.

I took the car to ford to diagnose my "could live with it" headliner rattle that has now become way louder even with music blaring, Afraid it might be a weld, they drop my headliner Monday wish me luck. Before that I did get my Areoskin installed though so hopefully no more rock chips on the 2k trip to CO later this year. I think it fits the color well.

Malcolm

Areoskin Hood Protector

Areoskin Hood Protector

Edited by rvcjew
  • Like 1

That works too! I tend not to use it because it is a bit "navigationally challenged" LOL.

BTW, your Edge looks simply perfect!

Thanks, hopefully it still looks that way after being torn apart at the dealer. Secret is only take pics when it's clean.

• Like 2