What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Installed the brightlites.com LED puddle lights today. Got to wait till tonight to see how bright they are. Also purchased a 5g 5w-20 jug of M1 with the M! filter for an upcoming oil change. $15 rebate on oil and filter combo.

Edit/Update: Wow! The LED puddle lites are >really< bright! Fantastic. Highly recommended if you want/need more illumination for entry/exit of the vehicle. My bonus license plate leds are on backorder so I'll have to wait for those but if they are as bright as the puddles, I am really looking forward to getting them installed!

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1

Installed the brightlites.com LED puddle lights today. Got to wait till tonight to see how bright they are. Also purchased a 5g 5w-20 jug of M1 with the M! filter for an upcoming oil change. $15 rebate on oil and filter combo.

Edit/Update: Wow! The LED puddle lites are >really< bright! Fantastic. Highly recommended if you want/need more illumination for entry/exit of the vehicle. My bonus license plate leds are on backorder so I'll have to wait for those but if they are as bright as the puddles, I am really looking forward to getting them installed!

+1 on the puddles... I have the same set and love them, was just out to dinner with another couple as we walked to the cars I unlocked mine then I heard my friends wife say "Honey our Audi doesn't do that" as I heard my wife snicker....

• Like 1

There are numerous sites at which you can get the original Monroney Sticker, it just depends upon year. Just ask your Uncle Google and they will come up. But be aware that some of those sites will flood your inbox with ads and potentially sign you up for stuff you don't want (or maybe you do.)

• Like 1

Installed the Interior LED Package from drivebright.com. What a difference! I already have the LED puddle lights and the interior kit is awesome. My Edge is Tux Black and the bright blue-ish light from the LEDs is really complementary, not to mention the additional light! I hated the orange-y glow from the filament bulbs.

The license plate LEDs are on backorder, and I have also ordered some super bright reverse LEDs from distantxtremes.com - 921 AcmeX 7.5w/800L/SMD2835 15leds per bulb housing. :rockon:

• Like 1

I have a copy of my dealer "window sticker" that lists categories like functional, interior, exterior, safety/security, and optional equip but not the actual Monroney Sticker. The mcmahonford.com site returns "the window sticker has not been released for this vehicle." I assume that to mean it has not been scanned or repurposed into a digital format. How can it 'not be released' as it was publicly posted on the vehicle when it was new on the lot? Is there a timeframe for when the sticker becomes digitally available? Whutupwiddat?

Edited by chefduane

Can't be. A few years ago I wanted to get the original sticker of my '98 Explorer. Did some searching and found it fairly quickly. This was at least 15-16 years after I bought the car - I was the original owner. And it was free.

I'm thinking that its so many inquiries about VINs and it taking too many resources, ie. $$$, to repurpose all those hardcopy docs into a digital format. But I'd gladly pay a few $$ to get a .pdf of my original sticker.

Besides, one would think that these days Ford would already provide .pdf's of all the vehicle docs to a dealer - much more efficient and streamlined business process. Car gets delivered with a cheap USB thumb drive in the dealer delivery packet with all the vehicle docs on it. Dealer (or even FoMoCo) then puts the (already digitized) VINs in a publicly accessible database and charges say, $10 to download a copy of a Monroney for a particular VIN. And all us cargeeks that want a copy of our Monroney would be happy, and they get a previously unharvested revenue stream!

Minimal initial setup costs (coupla' servers), an overworked db mgr to administer, digital docs get generated only once, and can be downloaded any number of times for a fee. A regenerative revenue stream after a onetime setup!

Man, I gotta' pitch this to Ford!! But surely someone has already thought of this!? (If not, don't tell anybody until I can fire off my proposal to Fields!)

Edited by chefduane
  • Like 1