What Color (Colour) is your Ford Edge or MKX?

Edge Guide

What color is your Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What color is your Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX?

• Creme Brulee Clearcoat
    • Black Clearcoat
    • Redfire Metallic
    • Dune Pearl Metallic
    • Dark Amethyst Metallic
    • Light Sage Metallic
    • Carbon Metallic
    • Pewter Metallic
    • Blazing Copper Metallic
    • Vivid Red (MKX)
    • White Chocolate Tri-Coat (MKX)
    • Alloy Clearcoat Metallic (MKX)
    • Tuxedo Black
    • Ingot Silver
    • Ruby Red
    • Mineral Grey
    • Deep Impact Blue
    • Oxford White
    • Kodiak Brown
    • Sunset
    • Smoked Quartz (MKX)
    • Platinum Dune (MKX)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What color is your Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX and why did you choose it?

Ā 

Black Clearcoat because the Chrome grille looks sweet against it and the Vista roof blends in well. I was originally looking at the pewter, but the black toned Vista roof looked sort of funny with it to me. :shades:

I chose black because I think thats the only color that the MKX looks good in. That way, the black textured plastic at the bottom doesn't jump out at you & make the body appear too short. If Silver Birch had been available, I might have chosen it & added the 3D Carbon body kit.

• 2 months later...

Black here - with a nice cool Camel interior.

Tinted windows, putting black wheels with machined lip on it, put my personalized plate in a slightly tinted cover with a slim black frame, keep searching for tinted tail lights.

I agree completely about the BAMR on black - disappears completely when it's closed.

Also agree about the panels at the bottom blending in nicely.

Ā 

Love em blacked out! :shades:

• 2 months later...

For the past 15 years, all of my vehicles were black or white. The only exception is my anodized aluminum V-Rod.

It was time for a change, and the Blazing Copper was the most in your face color I could ask for. It also reminds me of my first nice car. A 1973 Gran Torino that was painted medium chestnut metalic.

We have entirely too many white cars, the CX-7 is Icy blue, other than that, WHITE, EDGE is white, Volvo is a pearl white, the A4, white, even our CX-9 rental is white! All the cars before that, white!(Olds Bravada, Mitsu Galant).

Ā 

What is it with the white?

Ā 

I know it looks the best on the EDGE, which is why it's in the lead(tied with Red), it has such a richness to it.

Shown in this old picture.

dscf0567cj6.jpg

Ā 

Now we know why so many people have problems with Red!

Edited by CreamEDGE.

• 2 weeks later...

I let my wife order the Edge in any color she wanted, except for black or white and that I wanted the gray interior. So she ordered the Dark Amethyst Metallic with Camel leather interior. I should have told her I wanted black on black.

Ā 

I have always had Red or Silver trucks. I've been sticking with Silver the last couple trucks since they stay cleaner longer here in the midwest. The Edge on the other hand is at least a every week ordeal keeping that thing clean.

We chose the White Sand Tri-Coat. I love white. I think it looks really classy, elegant. Still dont understand why Ford hasnt created a diamond white like Lexus or even gone with their traditional Oxford White? We waited an entire year because we were'nt satisfied with the Creme Brulee.... Anyhow we thought the White Sand was the closest we would enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

Blazing Copper Metallic with Black leather int.

I got rid of my 3rd Black car and vowed to never have another. My 2005 Lincoln LS was repainted due to hail damage and it never had the shine of the factory black. Impossible to keep clean anyways.

The Copper was not my first choice due to it being such an odd color, but as we continued looking at colors and trim schemes the Copper was growing on us. I just wouldn't feel quite masculine in the Creme Brulee (no offense to those that have one). Have been extemely satisfied with the color overall. I have tinted the front windows but am interested to see how the black interior feels in the Georgia summer heat.

Black leather here and live just north of Atlanta. Got pretty warm this past summer (triple digits at times) and I can say the seats weren't that bad. This is my first experience with black leather and it wasn't as bad as I thought. The A/C works pretty well (for me anyway as I know others here have complained) and cooled the interior pretty quickly. I've got the BAMR too but keep the shade closed, so I think that helps as well.

Ā 

Enjoy!

What color is your Ford Edge or Lincoln MKX and why did you choose it?

Pewter Met I wanted a 2007 because of the great deal the dealer

was offering. Had about 10 SEL's to choose from. The Pewter was

the closest to what I wanted. I traded in a 2001 Chevy Blazer and,

you guessed it, my chevy was a pewter also. However the Edge

is a darker pewter which I think looks great with the "crome" wheels,

and it doesn't show dirt like a dark one.

I will admit though, there is nothing better looking than a shiney black car.

I am leaning towards buying the White Sand Tri-Coat with black leather. Creme Brulee would be #2

Ā 

I like the camel leather, but at the dealer we got in and it seemed to show every little scuff. black is just more practical in the end run for me as I sleep in my cars, camp, put bikes and junk in them, beach sand everyday, etc. black just helps hide the active lifestyle scars.

Edited by Lex Talionis

I am leaning towards buying the White Sand Tri-Coat with black leather. Creme Brulee would be #2

Ā 

I like the camel leather, but at the dealer we got in and it seemed to show every little scuff. black is just more practical in the end run for me as I sleep in my cars, camp, put bikes and junk in them, beach sand everyday, etc. black just helps hide the active lifestyle scars.

Ā 

Either color will look great. One item to consider is the fact that the white sand will be much more expensive to repair and very difficult to match should you need any future paint work. The creme brulee looks like plain basic paint without all the extra stuff in it that the white sand has. I had a friend with the white diamond Escalade that had to have some paint work done. It cost a fortune and they never could get it matched right when looking at it in the sunlight. The new deep and color changing paints look really nice but are nasty to match. Get some weathertech floor liners and a cargo mat to catch all that sand!