Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Edge or MKX

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

On the new generation MKX you get a lot more over the Edge than in previous generations.   We bought a 2008 Edge because we liked the styling better and couldn't justify the added cost.   We were ready to buy a 2016 Edge but bought a 2016 MKX because we actually could justify the added cost.   The seats are much more comfortable, it's much quieter, the Revel sound system is much better, embedded modem with mobile app, it had a unique color (luxe metallic) that we liked, the center console is cleaner and the interior materials are nicer.   Add to that the longer warranty and the fact that Lincoln picks up the vehicle and leaves a loaner any time we need service (maintenance or warranty work) and we liked the MKX styling just a tad better and for us it was worth the upgrade.

Of course that all depends on what you value.  Nothing wrong with the Edge.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   chefduane

chefduane

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 475 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:48 AM

..and the MKX has a glove box light.  I don't understand why Ford doesn't make that standard equipment in all vehicles.  In my '98 Explorer I wired up a light with a  push compression switch.   Still working on how to get a permanent light in the Edge.  I wonder if an MKX light could be retro'ed into an Edge.

EDIT: I spoke too soon.  Found a thread about wiring up a light in the glove box.

Edited by chefduane, 14 April 2017 - 10:55 AM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users