Anyone have these aftermarket headlights with LEDs?

Was looking for LED kits to mod my light pipes when I saw these:

http://www.ebay.com/...c13e54c&vxp=mtr

The look really interesting, with the LED running lamps built right into the headlights. I searched the forum here but haven't been able to find any mention of them. What do you think? Has anyone tried these?

OOPs, just noticed they're only for 2007-2010, so they wouldn't fit mine. Still would be cool to see them on an Edge.

Edited by rogersmj

Was looking for LED kits to mod my light pipes when I saw these:

http://www.ebay.com/...c13e54c&vxp=mtr

The look really interesting, with the LED running lamps built right into the headlights. I searched the forum here but haven't been able to find any mention of them. What do you think? Has anyone tried these?

OOPs, just noticed they're only for 2007-2010, so they wouldn't fit mine. Still would be cool to see them on an Edge.

Someone does have these and has installed them and likes them so far. I'm planning on getting them as well once I have enough spare money. I will post when I do install these but they do look cool and are legit

Hey KC300, time to add another selection to your daytime bright lites product list. I would be all over these. Maybe you could chop some up?

I have thought about doing it and not ruling it out, but it will take a lot of development time both manufacturing-wise as well as searching and sourcing the LED components. I don't want to just slap in some halos and flex LEDs. I want it to be clean and look OEM. That means DRLs in reflectors, not bare LEDs.

I have been in discussions with a few domestic and offshore automotive lighting manufacturers about non-Edge light assemblies, Once I have contract(s) in place and the first designs in process, I will see if this is a direction we want to go in. If I giver it the go ahead, it will not be a quick turnaround. To design, prototype,gain agency approvals, cut tooling, sample approval and finally production, we're talking at the earliest April, before I would be shipping lights.

Let me think about the conversion option for a little while to see if I can really make it work economically.

Any Ford dealers or employees that can help me get a hold of a single or pair of headlight assemblies at a good price, I would appreciate a PM. Even a salvaged light would do. Lens can be cracked, just need the reflector and housing to be intact.

Give me an idea of what you all would be willing to spend for a quality true OEM looking light. I can tell you right now that it will well north of the $280 ebay lights (2010 & earlier Edge). As I do with my Vertical LED Running Lights, there would be a core deposit charged at checkout and fully refunded when you send me back your OEM lights.

If you don't see a post from me on this in a week, do me a favor and bump this thread or shoot me a PM to remind me. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I have thought about doing it and not ruling it out, but it will take a lot of development time both manufacturing-wise as well as searching and sourcing the LED components. I don't want to just slap in some halos and flex LEDs. I want it to be clean and look OEM. That means DRLs in reflectors, not bare LEDs.

I have been in discussions with a few domestic and offshore automotive lighting manufacturers about non-Edge light assemblies, Once I have contract(s) in place and the first designs in process, I will see if this is a direction we want to go in. If I giver it the go ahead, it will not be a quick turnaround. To design, prototype,gain agency approvals, cut tooling, sample approval and finally production, we're talking at the earliest April, before I would be shipping lights.

Let me think about the conversion option for a little while to see if I can really make it work economically.

Any Ford dealers or employees that can help me get a hold of a single or pair of headlight assemblies at a good price, I would appreciate a PM. Even a salvaged light would do. Lens can be cracked, just need the reflector and housing to be intact.

Give me an idea of what you all would be willing to spend for a quality true OEM looking light. I can tell you right now that it will well north of the $280 ebay lights (2010 & earlier Edge). As I do with my Vertical LED Running Lights, there would be a core deposit charged at checkout and fully refunded when you send me back your OEM lights.

If you don't see a post from me on this in a week, do me a favor and bump this thread or shoot me a PM to remind me. Thanks.

Not sure how "well north" it would be, but I could justify spending double, especially if the LEDs would match the 5000k HIDs I have, and the projector not be so awkward looking (like the Ebay lights). Maybe that's just me, but I think it'd be nice to keep a similar layout to what it currently is and not eliminate the two separate sections (high & low), but only if there'd be a reasonable application for the leftover section.

Maybe put it an Audi-like strip (curvy), and make that the DRL (possible?), and eliminate the separate, yellow section for the turn single. Put the projector up there, and make the high beam section the turn signal? I really like the new ford f-150 headlights... I'd easily pass up those Ebay lights if this was made a priority. I need a summer project.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a sneak peek at the production model of my new Vertical LED Daytime Running Light (DRL). I'll add a few more as I get the time. Not ready for the official launch yet, but wanted to get some initial feedback on what you all think of the light. I'm not going to have much time to answer any questions right now, but will when the launch takes place.

CutOut-AmberOn-GIMP.jpg

Looks real cool, and I'd jump at those... if I had a 2nd gen LOL Real cool idea with the turn indicator down there, often I find it difficult to see the turn signal of cars with HIDs when it's required to look through the headlight beam to see it. I'm anxiously awaiting the design/prototype of those first gen projector headlights, but I'm trying to be patient. I've also found that I prefer the vertical light bar in the Caddy headlights to the Audi style LED strip. I think the bar'd be easier to integrate given the shape of the housing.

I think this drl turn signal combination idea is wonderful, I would've liked to see the entire fixture packed with LEDs rather than there being empty space at the bottom though, especially since this is a ground up build, and not a retrofit

Thanks for the feedback.

Edgieguy, not clear on what you mean by "being empty space at the bottom....." Can you elaborate?

I prefer the look of a light pipe in the headlight housing. I would def buy something like this for a 2011-13 Edge.

Exactly the "light bar" I mentioned. Although we have different years, for the first gen, I think it'd be nice to have the pipe vertical nearest the grille, and the turn signal on the bottom portion. That picture looks real nice, what car?!

Edited by wannabang