Mud Guards

oskar27

Before purchasing I drove yesterday a 2013 SEL with the EcoBoost for a test drive. Beautifull ride / cabin and the power from the EcoBoost was amazing. Too busy now to place an order for my 2013 Ltd but I will as soon the holidays are over.

Anyone has installed mud guards? Did you buy them from Ford or elsewhere?

Also noticed that the windshield does not have a tinted band at the top. Have you done anything about it?

I installed these low-priced mud flaps on the front and rear of my MKX.

These are flat pieces of plain black plastic that did not require any cutting to properly fit and their outer finish matches the black cladding of the MKX.

It was necessary to do some measuring of the MKX's existing screw holes in order to drill properly-located mounting holes in the mud flaps.

They mounted securely using only two of the existing screws inside the wheelwell, which was satisfying because I wanted to avoid drilling any additional holes in my MKX.

They are a thrifty solution that protect the bodysides and rear valance of my MKX.

Good luck !

• 4 weeks later...
Yes I will also be interested, they look a pretty good set although from the pic cant say how durable they are + I wonder if they fit on a 2013

Anyone bought a similar set in US?

I just ordered a set of these, so once they arrive from China and I get them put on, I'll report back on how they fit and so forth. The description says they only fit 2007-2011, so I wouldn't think they would fit the 2013.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for pictures of cut areas. I have a 2013 edge. Soon after deal purchased mud guards and cargo mat. Instructions say nothing about cutting mud guard. Noticed the holes to be drilled out didn't match screws on fender well. What holes did you use? Did you attach the upper top edge by drilling your own and using the clips with threads in them? Thanks

I installed ones from Ford. I used holes B and J with the factory screws and added a third screw point with my own clip using hole T. I put a speed nut clip onto the rubber wheel liner so as not to drill into metal and create a rust point.

I have attached a template of my cut out pattern.

If you print it without any scaling, it should be the right size.

OEM Mud Guard.pdf

Thanks I'll try that first thing in morning. B - J - T is the formula. By the way what is a speed nut clip you mentioned? Is it one of the clips with the threaded nut attached that seems to slip on to existing panel to thread a screw into? Mud flaps came with several in bag when purchased. Thanks.

Thanks I'll try that first thing in morning. B - J - T is the formula. By the way what is a speed nut clip you mentioned? Is it one of the clips with the threaded nut attached that seems to slip on to existing panel to thread a screw into? Mud flaps came with several in bag when purchased. Thanks.

Yes, the clips that come with the set. I installed the clip onto the rubber liner instead of the metal lip of the fender.

The holes mentioned are for a SEL model. Not sure if all models have the screws in the same spot.

I cut a template out of cardboard and screwed that into place to see how everything looked/fit before cutting the mud flaps.

I installed the ford splash guards to night on the front and have some black splash guards with Ford logos on them for the back. I dropped the front flaps about 3/4" from the B and J holes. Looks good and I wanted a little more protection for the painted side skirts living in the country. I'll take pictures once completed with the back flaps.