2008 Ford Edge, Price Paid

gfhii

Leave the guy alone. Do you always have to make some smart comment?

Thanks, Carguy. I was a little surprised that I offended someone but then I checked many of his other comments in the past and see he is nothing but an internet tough guy. You know the type. Someone must have pee'd in his Cheerios this morning.

Anyway, as a NOOBIE I came across this forum and can tell there is a lot of useful information here to waaaaay offset the negative feedback.

I'll "pay it forward" with my buying experiences as well as feedback on the vehicle after I get a chance to put a few miles on it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bbf2530,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, the $150 was over the invoice price. I think the $15 difference between the two of us might be the gas charge. Unfortunately, the Doc fee is listed as $287. I did agree to it so I don't feel comfortable going back and asking for a re-consideration. Although an arguement could be made they want "wiggle room" for the final price at delivery so why can't I address a charge I am now learning may be excessive. I will have to think about that.

Again, thanks for the info.

bbf2530,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, the $150 was over the invoice price. I think the $15 difference between the two of us might be the gas charge. Unfortunately, the Doc fee is listed as $287. I did agree to it so I don't feel comfortable going back and asking for a re-consideration. Although an arguement could be made they want "wiggle room" for the final price at delivery so why can't I address a charge I am now learning may be excessive. I will have to think about that.

Again, thanks for the info.

You are very welcome akbob. Best of luck with your new Edge. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Bought my wife a combined Christmas/Birthday present a couple days ago, a 2007 Edge SEL+:

- AWD

- Blazing Copper

- Charcoal Leather

- Towing package

- Seating Flex Package

- 18" wheels

- Roof rails

- Rear seat entertainment/DVD

- Audiophile system

Window sticker:

$33,725 (including $705 D&D)

Negotiated price:

$29648

Applied rebates:

$1750

Final price paid:

$27898

*does not include MN state sales tax (of $1673.62), MN registration/license fee (of $395.00), and my "doc fee" contribution to the dealer profit (negotiated by the way) of $50.

TTL + doc fee added in: out the door the car was $30016.62

notes: (1) I could have had $2750 in rebates, but gave back $1000 in return for FMC 3.9% financing. (2) In addition, the dealer gave me $4,000 trade-in on her old 2000 Ford Focus which I felt like was a pretty good offer.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
2008 Ford Edge Limited AWD Vista roof, nav, tow package, all weater mats, power liftgate, listed for 39,285 with extended warrenty, rebate, trade in, walmart employee discount we ended up paying 30,584.19

Sounds like you made a great deal. Congrats and enjoy. I have had my 08 LTD dark blue awd since February and really enjoy it. Have received many compliments as well.

• 4 weeks later...

2008 EDGE SE ,see sig below for options, (sadly no SYNC) but nice for close to base equipment. After the heavy discounts locally , $21,700 . Added Easycare to 75K and still out the door after down payment with a $370 mo payment for purchase ,not lease. The retail price on the window was $27, 025 before delivery cost etc.

Edited by BLACK ICE

Hello All,

I bought my 08 Edge Limited with the vista roof 20" fake chrome rims (did not catch till later) satilite radio so on and so forth, about four months ago. It was listed for $34655 I told them I would pay $28655 they said ok. (my borther in law works for ford but in a diffrent city and I got it cheaper than what he was going to sell it to me for.) With TTL gap insurance and 100,000K ext wrty. the total was $30690 Not bad for a first time buyer. I even talked them into getting me a lower intrest rate than my bank would give me! Set your own price somone will sell it to ya.

Sean :rockon:

• 1 month later...

Ok. Kids. I purchased a few weeks ago a 2008 Ford Edge SE FWD, only thing it had on it other then standard was SYNC. Sticker was about $27k. I paid $20,700. THis included destination charges. Only things not included were tax, title, and license. I think that was a good price. I called another ford dealer before I bought and they could not beat this price. Dealer claimed to lose money to get it off lot. And salesperson said he paid more last year when he bought one for his wife.

Hi,

Because it is interesting and also a valuable tool for some, I thought folks might be interesting in sharing prices paid for their configuration of the Edge, or what they've been offered, for advice.

I bought mine recently (2008 Edge, AWD, Limited Edition - Vista Roof, Navigation System). I paid $33, 600, including the delivery fee. What do folks think of that price? And has anyone done better?

Chris

Late August '08, I paid $22,900 (+ttt) for an '07 Blazing Copper SEL+ with everything available, minus Nav and Tow. It had 13K miles on it and it was sitting on the Dodge lot for over a month, cobwebs on the back window and all. KBB was nearly $28K at the time, so I snatched it up. I put $1500 down. I dropped my Nissan lease off at the Nissan dealership with 2 years left on it. The Edge deal was too good to let go, although I knew I'd be facing early termination fees w/ the Nissan, but, oh well, I looooove my Edge. Ok, ok, the wife's Edge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

$22,500 was my total. $29,995 sticker price. It is used but only had 15,000 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. Its a 2007 SEL-Plus model with

-Black exterior

-Charcoal leather interior

-Rear DVD entertainment

-Roof racks

-Towing package

-Auto sensory headlights

-and all the other awesome things that the Edge has!!

I would have really liked to shop around and found one with Nav, Vista sunroof, and Sirus that was Black with Charcoal leather interior!! :violin: If anyone knows someone selling one in the Oklahoma area, let me know cause i can not find one anywhere! Thx!!

post-4525-1229003351_thumb.jpg

Havent driven it much yet. Bought it for the wife who thought she wanted a Toyota Rav4.

It took some time to convince her that the Edge has more going than the Rav4.

No nav or sat. radio, but is does have Sync. No need to pay for music when

all you need to do is load a USB drive with your favorites.

The Ford Nav is way too expensive and I'm glad I didnt have to pay for it.

Garmin makes some fine products that cost much less.

So far, Its great. Have been reading about alot of problems others have had and hope

I won't be at the stealership as often as them.

Edited by roblectric

Havent driven it much yet. Bought it for the wife who thought she wanted a Toyota Rav4.

It took some time to convince her that the Edge has more going than the Rav4.

No nav or sat. radio, but is does have Sync. No need to pay for music when

all you need to do is load a USB drive with your favorites.

The Ford Nav is way too expensive and I'm glad I didnt have to pay for it.

Garmin makes some fine products that cost much less.

So far, Its great. Have been reading about alot of problems others have had and hope

I won't be at the stealership as often as them.

The only issue that I have had with my Edge is the headlights. I'm not sure why but they started getting these hairline cracks on the inside of them. It is still under full warranty, so I had them replaced. Other then that... it's been a great car :rockon:

I'm curious to know what other problems have you heard about?

Well I know that she will love it... I had the car I would say about a week and got numerous compliments on it. Plus everyone wanted to know if I liked it and what I paid for it.. and so one. So a lot of people are interested in them!! I'm surprised they haven't sold more than what they have. Anyway... hope you and your wife enjoy!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2008 Limited AWD with vista roof. 17K on the odometer. $21,000 :yup:

I drive a hard bargain... err I mean Edge.

Dang you got a good deal!!! I found a limited AWD with the Vista roof and 19,000 miles and they want $25,900. I have a 2008 SE and looking to upgrade mainly for the AWD. I have 8,000 miles on mind and they asked $9,950 trade plus tax.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is an offer thats on the table for me - any good? Should I bargain further?

2008 Ford Edge SEL AWD

Dark blue w/ stone interior (25miles)

MSRP: $30,035

Vista Roof: $1,595

Seating Flex: $985

Power Liftgate: $490

Sirius: $195

Audiophile: $385

Delivery: $755

Total: 34,440

Offer from Dealership: $27,250

Edited by intotheoh

Here is an offer thats on the table for me - any good? Should I bargain further?

2008 Ford Edge SEL AWD

Dark blue w/ stone interior (25miles)

MSRP: $30,035

Vista Roof: $1,595

Seating Flex: $985

Power Liftgate: $490

Sirius: $195

Audiophile: $385

Delivery: $755

Total: 34,440

Offer from Dealership: $27,250

Hi intotheih. :D To give you an accurate answer, we would need more information.

First, is that $27, 250 offer your "Out the Door" price", or do tax and fees still need to be factored in? If it is not the "Out the Door" price with all "Charges and Fees" included, then we need to know how much in added fees there will be. And if your State Sales Taxes are included, please deduct it out. Also, where are you located?

Next, what are the current Incentives/Rebates in your area, and which are you using/do you qualify for in this price quote? We need to know how much of that discount off of the $34,440 is Incentive money. If a lot of it is Incentive money, then it is not a very good price. But we can not tell with the information provided.

Post back with more information when you can.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi intotheih. :D To give you an accurate answer, we would need more information.

First, is that $27, 250 offer your "Out the Door" price", or do tax and fees still need to be factored in? If it is not the "Out the Door" price with all "Charges and Fees" included, then we need to know how much in added fees there will be. And if your State Sales Taxes are included, please deduct it out. Also, where are you located?

Next, what are the current Incentives/Rebates in your area, and which are you using/do you qualify for in this price quote? We need to know how much of that discount off of the $34,440 is Incentive money. If a lot of it is Incentive money, then it is not a very good price. But we can not tell with the information provided.

Post back with more information when you can.

Good luck. :beerchug:

TTL are not included in the quote. Im not sure what incentive money is baked into that quote. I know that I quality for a # of programs (Supplier/Costco). I think there is 4500 in Ford incentive cash out there right now...right?

My guess is that this price boils out to "invoice" less any incentives