What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

changed factory speakers in all (components in front 6x8 in rear doors added aftermarket 8" sub. removed the hideous front license plate bracket. finally got the nerve to open my vista roof and hope that cleaning and lubricating the tracks would fix the problem with its non operation.... it works again but still a little slow (9.5 sec close) problem now is I want to keep going with the stereo mods...what to do next? anyone have any suggestions? maybe amp for front?

• Like 1

Went to the dealership for PCM flash. Seems to have more power/better MPG, but tranny 3rd-4th slippage has returned. Just going to give time for now.

I have the same problem but never had the PCM flashed. I've seen it being a PCM issue and also a spark plug "misfire" issue as well. Hoping to have my mechanic friend look at it soon and figure it out since I don't trust Ford service anymore....

Remote start ... quickly turns from a "want" item to a "must-have" item :)

which one do you have? what year edge? thought of just putting the factory oem and use my current key fob but the range is horrible if im counting on that thing to start my car at the same distance it locks then i might as well just get in!

Got my replacement amber LED bulbs. Still don't work in the front :rant2:. Re-swapped the rear reds and I would be golden if they were amber. I might try one last time with a completely different bulb for the front. After that, it will just be stock.

Figuring that the day sucked anyways, I took the plastic off the inner liftgate and tightened the plate that holds the rear emblem and the license plate lights. No more rattle PLUS I didn't screw up the plastic.

Good question. I don't have the factory alarm, just the PATS. They did have to install a bypass unit (separate from the Crimestoppers product, I believe), but I don't see it listed on the invoice. I can check with them & report back.

i have looked at several options....are you happy with yours? what options do you have with your unit?

I'm not a power user, so I am pretty happy with the basics: lock, unlock, remote start, remote stop. The remote with the LCD gives me feedback on what the car is doing, and there is a timer you can set on it as to how long to run before auto-shutoff. This will be my first winter with the system, so I will find out how it performs :) Since I have manual climate control, I have to remember to leave the settings to max fan, HEAT and VENT/DEFROST before exiting the vehicle.

yea im sure after u forget once or twice you will come up with a way to remember! lol i live in Az so i have the same issue just at a different time of the year...right now im happy my vista roof is working again. but i will install remote start before summer.i just need to pick one i guess...i prefer to do things myself so as close to plug n play as possible...and priced around 300 ish would be good.

• Like 1