What have you done to/with your Edge/MKX today?

Have the same problem on mine. Stumped dealership and my fav service shop. They both say the batteries are fine, they relearned them with no problems etc etc etc. I keep thinking the spare tire could be an issue, but haven't tested that theory yet. Unless the TPMS module itself is to blame, maybe?

Well it's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue...I've read it comes and goes for others but mine is constant. I'm just confused as to why it was fine for 2 days of city driving and then decided to come on randomly...I may have NTB run a sensor check (just to see if they respond back) when they do the final alignment on the wheels. I'll update with my answer, may not be till this weekend or so.

I've also heard some say that TPMS sensors can go bad around 100k but these are sensors installed in wheels just over a year ago so they shouldn't be bad already. I guess we'll see....I don't mind the light, I just hate that annoying chirp at startup

Finally got the TPMS reset! I found a tip on a F150 forum that stated when you switch between wheels after awhile, that the battery in other sensors may go into "hibernation". So I followed steps to wake them up haha so here they are...

-Fill tires up to recommended pressure

-Release pressure in all tires to 15-20 psi lower than recommended (I went from 35 to 20 psi)

-Wait minimum 5 minutes before refilling back up to recommended psi

-Train tires using key cycle and brake pedal method w/ learning tool (I placed learning tool directly below valve stem and had to move it around a couple inches)

Worked perfectly and now no more light or annoying noise for me! Hope this may helps others down the road.

• Like 2

So you tinted your front bumper LED lights? It seems that those lights are not that strong to begin with. IMO, Ford is way behind the rest of the industry when it comes to lighting. How much light does your LEDs produce with the tint now? Do you have any day and nighttime pics after the tint was installed on your bumper? I am curious to see what it looks like.

Tinted my turn signals on the mirror housings to match the bumper LED lights

13092124_10207807239512335_6185196197713

• Like 1

So you tinted your front bumper LED lights? It seems that those lights are not that strong to begin with. IMO, Ford is way behind the rest of the industry when it comes to lighting. How much light does your LEDs produce with the tint now? Do you have any day and nighttime pics after the tint was installed on your bumper? I am curious to see what it looks like.

Actually in the 15s, its the total opposite of how they were in 11-14. They are extremely bright. Not as for driving but as far as visibility. I actually hate them to be honest cause they serve no purpose and will be putting fog lights in. I have pics but easier to link once I get to a computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Notes on the NA version of the 3.5L:

http://www.motortrend.com/features/n...06/112_news51/

Cyclone Hits Ford Powertrain
Automotive Design & Production - January 20, 2006

Ford's 3.5-liter VE will debut in the 2006 Lincoln Aviator and Ford Edge crossovers. From there, use will expand until one-in-five North American Ford vehicles use this powertrain-codenamed "Cyclone"-by 2010. The all-aluminum engine has the same package size as the smaller displacement Duratec 30, but produces an estimated 250 hp @ 6,250 rpm and 240 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm on regular gas. It has a 10.3:1 compression ratio, rev limit of E,700 rpm, and produces 71.5 hp/liter.

"The 3.5-liter engine has been designed to accept either transverse or longitudinal mounting," says Barb Samardzich, v.p. of Powertrain Operations, "and the architecture has been put in place for upgrades like hybrid capability, and gasoline direct injection with or without turbocharging." The engine has a Fully counterweighted Forged-steel crank with induction-hardened journals and six-bolt mains, Fracture-split powder metal-Forged connecting rods, and cast-aluminum pistons. High-pressure die casting is used in making the block, and features cast-in iron liners. This process was chosen due to its tighter process control, more consistent results, reduced raw material requirements when compared to conventional sand casting, and a reduction in post-processing and hazardous byproducts. In addition, the base Cyclone VE has variable timing on the intake cams that uses a hydraulically activated spool valve to rotate the cams up to 40° within halfa second. "The engine is PZEV-capable," says Samardzich, and has an electronic throttle, low heat transfer exhaust maniFold and close-couple catalyst, and direct-acting shimless bucket tappets. At the start of production, the engine-which is produced at Ford's Lima, DH, engine plant-will be ULEV2 rated.

In transverse applications, the Cyclone will be mated to the BF six-speed automatic transmission developed jointly by Ford and GM. Designed to handle 300 hp and 280 Ib-Ft of torque, the transaxle has a maximum shift limit oF 7,000 rpm and a 6.04:1 spread between first and sixth gears. It is the first automatic transmission from Ford to use a chain-driven off-axis pump with optimized porting. This design reduces package size and improves NVH levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd replace the fuses on the power points (underhood, 64-66, 20A), as the amperages coming through on my USB charger were dismally low. Boy, was it a struggle to get the old fuses out! The plastic top came off every one of them. Then I had to grab each side with a needlenose and rock back & forth to remove. Still managed to break the casing a little. New fuses went in, but not without effort. T-I-G-H-T!

• Like 1

Thought I'd replace the fuses on the power points (underhood, 64-66, 20A), as the amperages coming through on my USB charger were dismally low. Boy, was it a struggle to get the old fuses out! The plastic top came off every one of them. Then I had to grab each side with a needlenose and rock back & forth to remove. Still managed to break the casing a little. New fuses went in, but not without effort. T-I-G-H-T!

What? No di-electric greasing?

When I did every single fuse in the glovebox of my BMW, i pulled it, hit the fuse lightly with an emery board, quick swipe of a greased up Q-tip and replaced it. Haven't been that ambitious with the Edge, but when I did my plugs, every harness that came apart had it's holes filled with di-electric then wiped clean.

Oh...and got my mud guards today. Possible installation tomorrow.

Edited by Brucifer
  • Like 1

Thinking about the folks who aren't active much on the forum anymore, shoutout to Dingo, wannabang, thirdgenlxi, Cellbine, and many more. Hope all of you are doing well, and checking in from time to time. Do take the time to post and let us know how you are and what you are up to :)

Just checking in for first time in many months to see all the new 16/17s... We're back in the UK 2 years this month and miss our Edge - and Canada - every day!

Only seen a black test mule on the streets here so far but Edge is coming, except for now at least I'll need a lottery win to get one (Sport, blue I think!) but then it would come up against an F-Pace and might lose out ;)

Driving this at the moment because we now have 3 children and need 3 child seats across the back row

post-22276-0-19928000-1465424986_thumb.jpeg

post-22276-0-12856500-1465425015_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BeDevil79
  • Like 1