2015 Ford Edge Introduced - Edge Going Global

Quote from the 2015 Sport Edge Press release:

"The suspension in Edge Sport has front and rear antiroll bars that are 15 percent stiffer than the base model, and unique rear monotube dampers that are larger in diameter. The coil springs are 10 percent thicker. Overall, with improved damping and control, Edge Sport offers 15 percent to 20 percent better road-holding capability, giving the driver more control, sharper steering and greater confidence."

I hope the above press release is true, and Sport version suspension can keep up with the power, and it handles like a Sports version should. My 2013 Sport does not handle good to me, and I was reading and watching some video reviews of the 2014 Audi SQ5 and that thing drives and handles really good.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any idea what the humps on the right and left side of the cargo area are? My 2013 has a subwoofer, but it does not take up any space in the cargo area. The two humps in the picture take up space in the cargo area.

2015-ford-edge-sport-27l-ecoboost-cargo-

Since the 2015 Edge has a new rear suspension setup, my guess is that these humps are to accommodate it (the shock absorbers and/or coil springs).

Since the 2015 Edge has a new rear suspension setup, my guess is that these humps are to accommodate it (the shock absorbers and/or coil springs).

That could be it, but the 2015 is supposed to be new from the ground up, and the covers look like an afterthought and they take up a fair amount of the cargo area space. It is not a deal breaker for me, but I was curious about it and still plan on getting it when it becomes available.

2015-ford-edge-sport-27l-ecoboost-photo-

That could be it, but the 2015 is supposed to be new from the ground up, and the covers look like an afterthought and they take up a fair amount of the cargo area space. It is not a deal breaker for me, but I was curious about it and still plan on getting it when it becomes available.

2015-ford-edge-sport-27l-ecoboost-photo-

New it is, compared to the previous Edge. But it is being designed off of the Fusion's chassis, so there are some limitations.

What are the limitations?

Don't know, I was just speculating why.

The original Edge was also built off of the Fusion platform so I don't think it's a limitation of the platform per se. With each vehicle there are packaging issues that have to be overcome.

Yes, but now it is the new Fusion Platform (CD4).

Looking at images of the trunk of a 2010 & 2013 Fusions shows how the same space, near the rear wheels, is smaller in the 2013 compared to 2010.

2010 Fusion Trunk (old CD3 platform):

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/09q4/311246/2010-ford-fusion-sport-awd-trunk-photo-317411-s-1280x782.jpg

2013 Fusion Trunk (new CD4 platform:

http://images.gtcarlot.com/pictures/72393602.jpg

Edited by omar302

Anyone have any idea what the humps on the right and left side of the cargo area are? My 2013 has a subwoofer, but it does not take up any space in the cargo area. The two humps in the picture take up space in the cargo area.

2015-ford-edge-sport-27l-ecoboost-cargo-

I don't own an Edge but are you guys talking about the wheel wells?