2015 Edge dealer preview guide

exodus

Just NO SPORT in the upcoming Sport model !

Bland and not that distinguishable from the other models

RWF - What do you mean? The 2015 Ford Edge Sport is more of a Sport model than the 2014 Sport model. Are you saying in general, the Edge never had a true Sport model? Are you looking for manual transmission?

RWF - What do you mean? The 2015 Ford Edge Sport is more of a Sport model than the 2014 Sport model. Are you saying in general, the Edge never had a true Sport model? Are you looking for manual transmission?

I think he means visually it's not distinguished from the non sport models as much as the current one.

Well, they compared AWD with FWD, bigger & heavier wheels definitely a drag, and it's MotorTrend testing. A few people have tested and gotten times of 6.6 seconds 0-60, with traction control off I believe. At least the skidpad numbers bear out. The suspension in the Sport works well. Would have been nice if they had a brake upgrade to go with it :)

Well, they compared AWD with FWD, bigger & heavier wheels definitely a drag, and it's MotorTrend testing. A few people have tested and gotten times of 6.6 seconds 0-60, with traction control off I believe. At least the skidpad numbers bear out. The suspension in the Sport works well. Would have been nice if they had a brake upgrade to go with it :)

I have a 2013 Edge Sport and besides the looks there is nothing SPORTY about it. So I’m hoping that Ford does not make the same mistake with 2015 Edge Sport and it will handle and drive better than the 2011-2014 Edge Sport.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Blitz. As others stated, information will start coming out now. I'm floored that a almost $50,000 CUV doesn't have some basic equipment such as retractable side mirrors and no trailer tow package for the Sport. I may post on http://social.ford.com/ just to piss in the wind. I know Ford isn't going to do anything and I understand how things work.

JimPA,

I hear you. For close to $50,000, it should have every option/feature for that price. I'm disappointed that it does not have the power folding mirrors, and I'm waiting to see if Magnetic knows if it will have the individual tire pressure monitoring feature like the 2015 Ford F-150.

The SUVs Ford is competing against has some of those features as standard equipment. I hope they don't disappoint me with the horsepower and torque figures for the Sport.

Edited by blitz118

But do those other SUVs/CUVs have all the other equipment that the Edge has? Can they parallel park themselves?

Some of them do not have some of those features, and the Land Rover Evoque has 360-degree camera and can self-park. Why would Ford pack the Edge with all these new tech features, but not have power folding mirrors and maybe not a tire pressure monitoring feature, and the same old MFT and then want to charge you close to $50,000? Have you seen the 2015 Nissan Murano interior and features? You said it yourself the interior in 2015 Edge is lifted from the Ford Fusion, so the interior is nothing special.

I'm probably still going to pick one up as I'm not too crazy about the looks of the 2015 Nissan Murano, and the horsepower is pretty weak too. Ford could have given us a few more features for the money.

$50,000 and they are now in Audi SQ5 price range, and are not given you the same build quality as an Audi SQ5.

Edited by blitz118

The point is you can look at any vehicle and point out something it's missing versus the competition. Edge has things the others don't and vice versa. More HP e.g.

I don't see the need for electric folding mirrors on such a relatively small vehicle in the first place and I'm sure Ford feels the same way therefore it wasn't a priority.

$50,000 and they are now in Audi SQ5 price range, and are not given you the same build quality as an Audi SQ5.

The SQ5 starts at $52K and that doesn't even include color! You have to pay more if you want anything that's not black or white. Doesn't include NAV, HD radio, rear camera at that price. Plus it has 2in less rear leg room and about 10% less cargo space.

That's not a reasonable comparison.

The point is you can look at any vehicle and point out something it's missing versus the competition. Edge has things the others don't and vice versa. More HP e.g.

I don't see the need for electric folding mirrors on such a relatively small vehicle in the first place and I'm sure Ford feels the same way therefore it wasn't a priority.

The MKC is a smaller vehicle, and it has power folding mirrors. If ford is going to market the Edge globally where some countries the streets are narrower, then the power folding mirrors are an excellent feature to have. Even in the US there are a lot of narrow streets and garages, and the power folding mirrors are a convenient feature.