2015 Edge Dealer Source book mostly all questions answered with this

exodus

Thanks, I'll check and see what the Fusion specs are. Well, so much for that! Found this on a wheel shop resource page. The Edge uses the old 2012 Fusion bolt pattern. Not sure about the hub opening, but the new 2013 bolt pattern will not fit properly

Ford has changed the wheel bolt pattern on the new 2013 Ford Fusion. Up through 2012 Ford Fusions were 5x4.5" or 5x114.3mm. The new bolt pattern is 5x4.25" or 5x108mm.

What about the cargo cover. Will it be a nice new retractible type or the old rubber band and hook system that is still in my closet?

If you see the linked photo, on the left side of the cargo area above the storage compartment there seems to be a hook shaped slot that's looks to be where a retractable cargo cover connects.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/matthewdepaula/files/2014/07/15fordedge-titanium_26_hr.jpg

• Like 1

If you see the linked photo, on the left side of the cargo area above the storage compartment there seems to be a hook shaped slot that's looks to be where a retractable cargo cover connects.

http://blogs-images.forbes.com/matthewdepaula/files/2014/07/15fordedge-titanium_26_hr.jpg

Thank you for that information. Yes that's what it looks like.

Edited by goatee

Why is there still not any info on fuel economy?

Because the EPA hasn't rated them yet

FWIW, I'm following the 2015 F-150 on another forum.

The new 2015 trucks started Job #1 down the assembly line on Nov. 11, and they still don't have the final EPA ratings. One forum member works the Dearborn line, and he says that they are parking them without the window sticker.

So I would seriously suggest that you not hold your breath waiting for the Edge mileage. :) :)

• Like 1

On another side of the unknowns, I am concerned that the Sport is also available in FWD. Till date, all Ford's & Lincolns with the 3.5 EcoBoost came AWD (on FWD based platforms), the idea behaind that (i believe) was torquesteer or too much power for the front wheels. So having the 2015 2.7 available with FWD might be an indication of a significantly lower performance compared to the 3.5 EcoBoost in the FWD platforms.

Is the EPA backlogged, or did Ford submit the vehicle/info late, do you know?

OK, we have been beating the mpg subject to death on the truck forum, asking the same questions as you have here.

As I stated, the line is producing customers vehicles, with no EPA numbers. They will be forced to post them when they start shipping to the dealers, supposedly before the end of Nov. The scuttlebutt is that the truck numbers are good, up to 20% better than 2014.

Here is what I understand so far.

The holdup is Ford. The EPA does not do the actual original mileage testing, the manufacturers do it and the EPA spot checks the results. But, because there has been so much controversy and complaining about the figures, the EPA has mandated a supposedly more reliable real-world test, and put the manufacturers on notice that they will be checking the results.

So now, at least on the truck, I think Ford is trying to figure out the highest mpg numbers they can post, without the bad publicity of the EPA saying BS on the numbers, which would be very embarassing.

Here is all you want to know about EPA testing, and more than you might want to know. :)

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/how_tested.shtml

I believe that they are going to do the same thing on the Edge.

• Like 2

Right. The point I was trying to make is this. I assume Ford conducts its own tests prior to letting EPA have a run at it. If the internal results were good, wouldn't that be an incentive for Ford to send out the request to EPA early on? Why delay? Unless there are some guiding principles such as "better have the assembly plant produce a few hundred units in case of issues"

Right. The point I was trying to make is this. I assume Ford conducts its own tests prior to letting EPA have a run at it. If the internal results were good, wouldn't that be an incentive for Ford to send out the request to EPA early on? Why delay? Unless there are some guiding principles such as "better have the assembly plant produce a few hundred units in case of issues"

The EPA doesn't test every vehicle - only 10%. But I do think the EPA has to certify the manufacturer's results and that's what they're waiting on. I'm sure Ford submitted the numbers late but I don't know if they were trying to maximize the results. It's more likely there were changes late in the game that affected the fuel economy and required retesting.

Ford also plays a lot of games with the F150 and GM/RAM. They like to keep towing, payload and mpg numbers close to the vest until the last possible minute.

• Like 2