2015 Edge Sport production hold?

WS6Fury

Has anyone heard this, or maybe have any information? My dealer has been trying to get a build # for the past 4wks. According to the dealer, corporate is saying there is a production hold due to the Sport specific black wheel pkg. Dealer seems to think they oversold, or there is a quality issue with the wheels...

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard this, or maybe have any information? My dealer has been trying to get a build # for the past 4wks. According to the dealer, corporate is saying there is a production hold due to the Sport specific black wheel pkg. Dealer seems to think they oversold, or there is a quality issue with the wheels...

If you go to Ford website and build a 2015 Sport trim. When you click on optional 21 inch black rims it says "Available late spring 2015"

So maybe these rims will not be available at launch in early spring?

There is one guy on here who has a build date, but his is a Ford management lease car which is part of the pre-Job 1 build. Those are usually not available to the dealers to order.

I think I am that guy. Yes I have a build date for next week on my Titanium. As you stated, I am part of Ford MAnagement Lease. Interesting point about the wheels. When I ordered my edge, August 31, I had to order by midnight, there was basically zero info available to me. As I went through the Ford internal ordering portal, I could get the 20" tire/wheel package as an option. But, the 20" rims that I have received a build confirmation from Ford on states that the rims are "polished aluminum" not painted with mangetic pockets as they are stated in the order guide today. Apparently, in the early build units, they can/will use other than "final" parts/options. I am not a fan of the "painted or black rims" and that is why i ordered the 20's because they were only polished not painted or blacked out. Personally, unless you are on an actual racetrack or behind the wheel of a Z 06 at mid Ohio, I think those rims look terrible. Maybe I am old school, but give me "chrome" baby every day of the week. I loved my 22's on my 2011 edge sport. A classy, aggressive, semi-modern look, but when cleaned up, you see those things coming from a mile away. My dad always told me when I was kid, no matter how big of a piece of crap your car is, always make sure that your wheels and tires are clean and the car looks like a million bucks! However, now at 50 I realize cleaning can only go so far....I washed my 16 year old son's '99 Corolla and that was apparent!

I see today on ford website when you try to build a Sport trim modle you CANNOT get the Optional 21' black rims now. Before the 21' rim said "coming in late spring" now took off website completely. But looks like you can order a 2015 Edge now.

Edited by Jeff Maynard

• 1 month later...

The 2015 Edge has landed at some dealerships . Look on YouTube for videos.

This Sport trim that hit dealership yesterday has the optional 21' black rims .

I still cannot add them on my ford website in New Hampshire . Anyone else getting 21' black rims on sport trim?

http://youtu.be/m0ueS9YXsD4

http://youtu.be/dnT4rpxEOAE

Edited by Jeff Maynard
  • Like 1

The 2015 Edge has landed at some dealerships . Look on YouTube for videos.

This Sport trim that hit dealership yesterday has the optional 21' black rims .

I still cannot add them on my ford website in New Hampshire . Anyone else getting 21' black rims on sport trim?

http://youtu.be/m0ueS9YXsD4

http://youtu.be/dnT4rpxEOAE

Listening to audio I think he said it's a pre-production model.

• Like 1

Listening to audio I think he said it's a pre-production model.

I thought I heard that also.....plus the plate that is on it looks more like a permanent plate than a dealer tag that they would have slapped on there for test drives. Like a plate that a "zone" rep would have. And you know those guys always drive the most exaoensive, most equipped models....pRoabably not a bad gig actually...I keep throwing my hat into the arena at Ford to become a "driver" who basically just drives pre-released and built vehicles in real world locations and conditions...

• Like 1

I would love to find out more on the program to use a Ford Edge as a driver. I think I could put some mile on it pretty quickly.

I thought I heard that also.....plus the plate that is on it looks more like a permanent plate than a dealer tag that they would have slapped on there for test drives. Like a plate that a "zone" rep would have. And you know those guys always drive the most exaoensive, most equipped models....pRoabably not a bad gig actually...I keep throwing my hat into the arena at Ford to become a "driver" who basically just drives pre-released and built vehicles in real world locations and conditions...

I would love to find out more on the program to use a Ford Edge as a driver. I think I could put some mile on it pretty quickly.

You have to be an employee.

I heard they take a pre-production model and drive it on the streets for something like 50K miles before they give the OK to Buy. Sounds like it's right up your alley!

You have to be an employee.

I heard they take a pre-production model and drive it on the streets for something like 50K miles before they give the OK to Buy. Sounds like it's right up your alley!

Actually no, those drives are all done through a 3rd party hourly workforce. They are very specific on the routes that must be driven though.

Actually no, those drives are all done through a 3rd party hourly workforce. They are very specific on the routes that must be driven though.

In her division, she has engineers driving these rigs...I don't know about elsewhere

In her division, she has engineers driving these rigs...I don't know about elsewhere

Waldo is refering to the production units that are driven a few months before the OK to buy is given. They usually travel in packs of 3-4 on a specific route and have a data logger running. The drivers are PT and the pay is not all that great. Would be a good second job or for someone younger going to school. The engineers drive the prototype units while the vehicle is still in development.