2015 Edge Shipping?

That would mean they've given the ok to buy unless that order was put in as a dealer stock order and not a retail order.

That would be great news for you with the OK to Buy. Not good news for me. My titanium was built on January 27. Probably buried in the holding lot with several thousand edges ahead of it for quality checks...I still have no word as far as shipping is concerned.. Same thing happened with my 2011 sport...built March and I didn't take delivery until October.....

• Like 1

I am hoping this electric spice color isn't too yellow and bright. I sort of got the "you ordered a yellow car" look from the wife. We'll see. The dealer said if I didn't like it, he would order me another one in another color. I am also not too concerned about the heated steering wheel (although I am sure I would love it if I had it). I mean I live in upstate/western NY where we get a sh*t ton of snow, but I've never had an issue with cold fingers.

Ā 

Here a great video of Electric Spice color.

Ā 

I might have to wait for the 2016 modle year edge Sport to come out this Summer or Fall with 21' inch black wheels like in video and heating steering wheel and with driver package. Plus all 2016 ford vehicle will have All new improved Sync 3 in them. No more ford touch. I just hope they keep Electric Spic color for 2016

Here a great video of Electric Spice color.

I might have to wait for the 2016 modle year edge Sport to come out this Summer or Fall with 21' inch black wheels like in video and heating steering wheel and with driver package. Plus all 2016 ford vehicle will have All new improved Sync 3 in them. No more ford touch. I just hope they keep Electric Spic color for 2016

I can't imagine ford getting rid of a color after what will amount to be about 4 months of availability....I agree about the 2016 vs 2015 sync generations and waiting. I unfortuneately or fortunately, depends how you look at it, had to order a model year 2015. If ford stays true to its recent history with the incremental lease program that I take am in, I will probably be able to order another vehicle sometime in May/June.

Ā 

I am no automotive body repair guy, but I would figure that if that electric spice ever needs paintwork, you better have the best shop that money can buy to paint it. Probably have to paint the entire car to get the color to match.....

• Like 1

Nice color choice, electric spice

I also want that color with 21' black wheels and heated steering wheel. Hopefully in couple months I will order.

FWIW I'm getting the Sport in Ruby Red, but the stock 20" wheels, moonroof and other stuff. Been reading the manual and I have the impression the higher profile tires may be better for us. Hoping the ice will melt around here by the time the Edge arrives. Wanted a change from black since 2006. No word yet, so making some money in the stock market to pay the new toy. Someday...

FWIW I'm getting the Sport in Ruby Red, but the stock 20" wheels, moonroof and other stuff. Been reading the manual and I have the impression the higher profile tires may be better for us. Hoping the ice will melt around here by the time the Edge arrives. Wanted a change from black since 2006. No word yet, so making some money in the stock market to pay the new toy. Someday...

I live in New England and will be getting 18' or 19' black rims with #1 rated( all year/snow tires) NOKIAN WRG3 for Half year NOV-APR

Could save couple thousand if used the stock 20' wheels all year round but look so much better with black rims on the Electric Spice color Sport.

Ā 

Ā 

Black rims or save money and get these stock rims?

I live in New England and will be getting 18' or 19' black rims with #1 rated( all year/snow tires) NOKIAN WRG3 for Half year NOV-APR

Could save couple thousand if used the stock 20' wheels all year round but look so much better with black rims on the Electric Spice color Sport.

Black rims or save money and get these stock rims?

It is hard for me to tell but are the 20" sport standard rims just like the current 22" except smaller? I prefer those to the "blacked out" wheels. Just an FYI, I had my edge sport while I lived in cleveland on the east side in the "snowbelt". Everyone kept telling me that the 22 pirelli's would suck in the snow. I was shocked how well they held up. We have potholes in Cleveland that are really nasty every year, and as long as you were cautious I never had a problem with the rims.

That would be great news for you with the OK to Buy. Not good news for me. My titanium was built on January 27. Probably buried in the holding lot with several thousand edges ahead of it for quality checks...I still have no word as far as shipping is concerned.. Same thing happened with my 2011 sport...built March and I didn't take delivery until October.....

Ā 

I talked to my friend last night from the dealership that ordered it. He said that they both sent in a dealer order and a regular customer order. He said the dealer order should come in first, but he wanted to make sure to order both in case there was an issue with the dealer ordered model and it would be held up. Since I bought it from a larger dealer, he said that they do this all the time for people with first orders. In case folks were wondering, they sell all their cars at $300 under invoice then subtract all the rebates. I figured they are still making $1300 on the car with the 4% hold back. I probably could have gotten a better deal with shopping around, but I know if there are any issues it will be easier to get fixed with my friend working there.

I can't imagine ford getting rid of a color after what will amount to be about 4 months of availability.

Ā 

It happens. When the Lincoln LS debuted in June 1999 it arrived with Cordovan Red. In October I tried to order one and they had replaced the Cordovan with Autumn Red. It was a similar color and the change was done to all Ford and Lincoln vehicles to coincide with new models for the 2001 model year.

Ā 

In case folks were wondering, they sell all their cars at $300 under invoice then subtract all the rebates. I figured they are still making $1300 on the car with the 4% hold back.

Ā 

Plus the doc fee. That's pure profit and could be as high as $700. Still a pretty good no haggle price.

I talked to my friend last night from the dealership that ordered it. He said that they both sent in a dealer order and a regular customer order. He said the dealer order should come in first, but he wanted to make sure to order both in case there was an issue with the dealer ordered model and it would be held up. Since I bought it from a larger dealer, he said that they do this all the time for people with first orders. In case folks were wondering, they sell all their cars at $300 under invoice then subtract all the rebates. I figured they are still making $1300 on the car with the 4% hold back. I probably could have gotten a better deal with shopping around, but I know if there are any issues it will be easier to get fixed with my friend working there.

Ā 

Placing an "order" and actually getting product are two different things at this point....many other dealers are "ordering" as well and like my dad always said...."there is always someone else bigger than you". Certainly not to be negative, but realistic....did you give them a deposit? If so, I would also tell you the same thing....we are the biggest and the factory gives "our" orders preference...blah, blah, blah...I have heard and experienced with ford canceling my orders vehicle, that a "Retail order or customer ordered" vehicle will get expedited before dealer inventory whenever possible. Does anyone know this to be true? I had previously ordere a Taurus SHO as my incremental lease, and it got cancelled as "to many retail unit orders" and ford had to accommodate those first. I am part of the Ford Management Incremental Lease program...i would think that units that are "Already sold" before production would in fact get priority if at all possible. However, when dealing with thousands of vehicles, I would think that sometimes it happens to be "luck of the draw" after Job 1 is up and running.

It happens. When the Lincoln LS debuted in June 1999 it arrived with Cordovan Red. In October I tried to order one and they had replaced the Cordovan with Autumn Red. It was a similar color and the change was done to all Ford and Lincoln vehicles to coincide with new models for the 2001 model year.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Plus the doc fee. That's pure profit and could be as high as $700. Still a pretty good no haggle price.

Profit is not a dirty word! Do you try and beat down a price at Walmart? Wow....$700 on $40,000......I hope that dealer still has is first communion money buried in his backyard to survive on. Don't get me wrong, try and make you best deal, but at a certain point it gets ridiculous to me that people are concerned with "holdback and doc fees". How about the dealer principle who had commit hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions to get his dealership and remain in good standing. Do you think that ford pays for all the dealers to renovate onto the current ford dealership model? Ford helps for sure, but not 100%. I am in sales, and based on the $700 figure you mentioned in profit on a $40,000 vehicle commutes to 1.75% profit....I cannot make a living on that margin, imagine paying all the employees salaries and shop supplies and utilities of the dealership if he made that margin consistently.

Placing an "order" and actually getting product are two different things at this point....many other dealers are "ordering" as well and like my dad always said...."there is always someone else bigger than you". Certainly not to be negative, but realistic....did you give them a deposit? If so, I would also tell you the same thing....we are the biggest and the factory gives "our" orders preference...blah, blah, blah...I have heard and experienced with ford canceling my orders vehicle, that a "Retail order or customer ordered" vehicle will get expedited before dealer inventory whenever possible. Does anyone know this to be true? I had previously ordere a Taurus SHO as my incremental lease, and it got cancelled as "to many retail unit orders" and ford had to accommodate those first. I am part of the Ford Management Incremental Lease program...i would think that units that are "Already sold" before production would in fact get priority if at all possible. However, when dealing with thousands of vehicles, I would think that sometimes it happens to be "luck of the draw" after Job 1 is up and running.

Ā 

Ā 

It's really simple. Before the OK to Buy has been given, only dealer stock orders can be built. Retail orders do not get built until after OK to Buy has been given so they can ship directly from the assembly line without being held and inspected (which you have experienced).

Ā 

After that, all orders are built according to priority among the dealer's orders. If the dealer is allocated 3 units this week then the 3 orders from that dealer with the lowest priority are built and the rest wait for the next allocation. If your dealer has no allocation they don't get any vehicles that week.

Ā 

Retail orders (sold customer orders) are supposed to have a priority of 10-19 with dealer stock being 20-99. So the dealer can prioritize one vehicle over another within each group (e.g. if yours is a 12 and mine is a 13 yours will get built first).

Ā 

So yes - Ford does prioritize retail orders over stock but it's all within the dealer's allocation.

• Like 1

Profit is not a dirty word! Do you try and beat down a price at Walmart? Wow....$700 on $40,000......I hope that dealer still has is first communion money buried in his backyard to survive on. Don't get me wrong, try and make you best deal, but at a certain point it gets ridiculous to me that people are concerned with "holdback and doc fees". How about the dealer principle who had commit hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions to get his dealership and remain in good standing. Do you think that ford pays for all the dealers to renovate onto the current ford dealership model? Ford helps for sure, but not 100%. I am in sales, and based on the $700 figure you mentioned in profit on a $40,000 vehicle commutes to 1.75% profit....I cannot make a living on that margin, imagine paying all the employees salaries and shop supplies and utilities of the dealership if he made that margin consistently.

Ā 

My buddy that works at the dealership sells about 400+ cars a year (he is their highest salesman). So, it depends on the type of dealership. Some of them sell on volume and others sell on higher profits. All I know is the owner is a multimillionaire and she has built one hell of a business. The doc fee is only $100 so in reality, I consider $200 under invoice for the price minus rebates.

Edited by tron1974

Ā 

Ā 

Whoa there Sparky! Calm down. You misinterpreted my comment. I'm the first one to support dealers making money. I use X plan which gives them holdback plus a couple hundred bucks plus the spiff check from Ford. I don't try to haggle dealers below invoice. In fact I want them to make money so they stay in business.

Ā 

I was merely correcting you when you said they were only making $1400 on the holdback. You have to also include the doc fee in the calculation.

Ā 

The only thing I don't like about large doc fees is that they are somewhat dishonest because they aren't included in the advertised prices and are usually only added at the end to take advantage of unsuspecting buyers.

Ā 

Instead of advertising $300 below invoice I would prefer to see them advertise it as $400 above invoice (assuming a $700 doc fee) because that's reality.

Ā 

It's not the profit - it's the deception. And if you're throwing out numbers or comparing prices you need to take that into account. A dealer that advertises $300 under invoice but has a $700 doc fee is more expensive than another dealer who sells for $200 over invoice with no doc fee.

• Like 2

Nope, no deposit. If it comes in and I don't want it or like the color, I can choose not to take it.

Whoa there Sparky! Calm down. You misinterpreted my comment. I'm the first one to support dealers making money. I use X plan which gives them holdback plus a couple hundred bucks plus the spiff check from Ford. I don't try to haggle dealers below invoice. In fact I want them to make money so they stay in business.

Ā 

I was merely correcting you when you said they were only making $1400 on the holdback. You have to also include the doc fee in the calculation.

Ā 

The only thing I don't like about large doc fees is that they are somewhat dishonest because they aren't included in the advertised prices and are usually only added at the end to take advantage of unsuspecting buyers.

Ā 

Instead of advertising $300 below invoice I would prefer to see them advertise it as $400 above invoice (assuming a $700 doc fee) because that's reality.

Ā 

It's not the profit - it's the deception. And if you're throwing out numbers or comparing prices you need to take that into account. A dealer that advertises $300 under invoice but has a $700 doc fee is more expensive than another dealer who sells for $200 over invoice with no doc fee.

Totally agree....anyone who "assumes" that the advertised price is the actual price is not playing with a full deck....if it got you in the door the "advertised" price worked...then it is time for the salesman to "sell" you a car not just take an order...that art is gone in my opinion. I used to be in auto sales and have more months than I'd like to remember that I sold over 25 new vehicles and made a commission on each car of $100.00 flat because they were no profit deals on the "front" end. Let's not forget the "back-end" money....for example if you finance a vehicle. Which most of us do, the dealer will get a profit from the financing institution, maybe it is 1/2% or 1% . Sell like that guy above, 30 cars a month, throw the customers into the "box" and Take 1/2 % from each deal and you have a nice month based on just that one salesman. Based on that, do you think that the finance guy is really working hard to get you 1.9% from FMC as opposed to getting you a rebate and getting financed at 3.9%? I hear about so many people "working" the front end price, and not working too hard to get the best financing deal possible. Want to really get your best over all deal...work the front obviously, and get 0% financing...if you have to pay it off in 2 or 3 years to get the 0% so be it.

• Like 1

I just received an email earlier today, release by joe hinrichs that edge is now rolling off the line and shipping. I guess that means that they have had 5 previous days of production without any issues. That is great news for all those getting those units that were built during that time frame. If yours was built prior to the last week or so there must be an issue with QC and they will have to resolve that issue prior to releasing the vehicle for shipping.

If yours was built previously then it wasn't a retail order. And those vehicles are all reinspected and repaired only if necessary prior to shipping - doesn't necessarily mean there was a QC problem in general. They could have built 4.5 days worth of perfectly fine vehicles then messed up on one but they need to be checked.

• Like 1

I just received an email earlier today, release by joe hinrichs that edge is now rolling off the line and shipping. I guess that means that they have had 5 previous days of production without any issues. That is great news for all those getting those units that were built during that time frame. If yours was built prior to the last week or so there must be an issue with QC and they will have to resolve that issue prior to releasing the vehicle for shipping.

Ā 

Read that note again, it doesn't say anywhere in it that anything is shipping.