Drivers Assistance pkg and Fog Lights?

Greetings everyone,

I am looking at 2015 Edge Titanium AWD and I got a couple of questions.

First, I have read several posting that the Drivers Assistance package would not be available till later?

Because I have driven a couple the Titaniums, and neighter of them had Driver Assist.

I am wondering because this was one the items the were equal between the Murano and the Edge.

Does anyone have this option?

Secondly, where are the fog lamps? Is see no option for these, but when I google it I found this image.

foglight.jpg

Third, who in the heck came up with the color sample Congac, that is not congac, the real color is "Basketball" :)

Best Regards,

Mike

Thanks for the information on the Drivers package, I will most likely not be ordering till the end of the month.

As for fog lamps, I am not specifically looking at this package, I am saying, I do not see any option or package for fog lamps.

Most other manufacturers have that option, and it looks like it was designed for that option. Maybe it is planned for the European models?

Mike

I think I hear on autoline that the European version has the fog lights....but that was in brief discussion with the production manager and engineer.

look for autoline " ford sharpens its Edge" on youtube....thats where I heard about the fog lights.

• Like 1

I was informed today that the Driver's package was delayed even further. Late September supposedly.

can you elaborate on where you received this information? Is there any web info to corroborate/confirm this info?

THis is where I have gotten my information from: http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Edited by cds71

can you elaborate on where you received this information? Is there any web info to corroborate/confirm this info?

THis is where I have gotten my information from: http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx

Sorry, can't really elaborate. Just my salesman saying he checked with Ford Canada as to why my order wasn't going in build. He was told it wouldn't go through until September. I decided to order without the package. Haven't seen anything online about it.

I'll be keeping an eye on this site to see if they update it sometime.

Edited by tobjo

I emailed the sales person I had talked to at the dealership and he confirmed that the Drivers Assistance package delayed till September.

... I did some detective work of my own because I love to figure these sorts of things out. It turns out that what you read is true, there is a "commodity hold" on the Driver's Package 51D until September. I don't know whether or not it was originally slated for May, but when I go to look for vehicles that might already be equipped with the package, it's not even a selectable option. So, short answer long, September is the earliest we'll see a Driver's Package equipped 2015 Edge. ...

Mike

I am also waiting on my Edge Sport with Driver's package. If it truly is delayed until September I'm not sure what to do. Should I remove the package from my order or delay until 2016's are being built so I can get my adaptive cruise and Sync 3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the dealer to look at the 2015 Edge Sport AWD, with 401A and was told the 51D couldn't be ordered. After being quoted a price, we decided to go home and think about it for a few days.

The following Wednesday we returned to order the car (it wasn't in stock) and they told us they couldn't honor the price they gave us just 4 days earlier. BTW, Suntrup Ford in case your buying in St. Louis....stay away!

So, we went to another dealer and was told we could in fact order it with the 51D Driver's Assistance Package. Made a deposit and now we wait.

2015 Edge, 401A, AWD, Panoramic Roof, 51D, in Ruby Red: $42,444 out the door (excluding admin fee, TT&L)

MSRP: $47,980

UPDATE: go to post #22 in this thread.

Edited by John Maurais

On an earlier post I mentioned that we ordered a 2015 Edge Sport with the 51D package. That was last Wednesday. Flash forward to the following Monday.....I have a voicemail and its sales. According to him, the 51D order was accepted but now shows delayed. First to come off the line are first week of September. I asked if my order will stay in the system that long without "falling through the cracks" and forgotten about as we're willing to wait; not to mention the Sync3 should be in all Fords beginning this summer.

His reply was that he would get with the "order guy" to find out for sure and get back to me tomorrow. Which, coincidentally I'm off and may be in the area. Maybe I'll stop by for a face to face. The sales rep also mentioned the cars rolling off the line in September may in fact be 2016s. I hope I'm not starting a rumor, its what I heard.

In the meantime, the beater and the Harley are getting us around, for now. My only hope is that the incentive are just as good or better. Should I take the 12% off MSRP now with current Sync and without 51D...or wait and maybe price goes up, way up?

Anyone else hear anything?

John

Should I take the 12% off MSRP now with current Sync and without 51D...or wait and maybe price goes up, way up?

John

In my opinion, if you really are thinking of the 51D & Sync3, then wait. If you don't wait for them, you'll start regretting why you did not wait. Losing a little from not benefitting from the 12% offer is far easier than starting to regret not getting everything you wanted in your 40k+ vehicle, especially one that you ordered.