2015 Ford Edge ordered

JACKIE

Let's just say that until Ford starts covering electronics such as the door ajar sensor and throttle body under extended warranty, you should factor those costs into your decision as a definite maybe. They do cover the APIM under extended, so probably safe to "discount" that particular issue.

Don't ignore maintenance and I'd say you'd be good to go for 5-6 years easy. Look at the maintenance intervals for the Edge over 150,000 miles to see what you MIGHT be in for.

etis.ford report has 4/27/2015 for a build date, and it was online for me on 4/28. Now I reprinted it on 5/1 because it's 4 pages with all the features listed. I ran into my dealer today, he said it's in transit and should be here in the coming week. Tricia at Ford had said 5/10, so it's getting close! Now my hubby is feeling the pressure to get my 2008 Edge ready to sell (we have a buyer). I have my STUFF emptied out--yes, I'm a typical woman who keeps everything but the kitchen sink in her vehicle! I have good intentions not to 'sow-up' the new one (my husband's phrase). But you can bet that all the hidden storage areas will be full:)

The etis report is a bit crazy with all the LESS... options that it doesn't have. I don't know what half of them are/or they aren't even options in the first place.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, mine will be the first Bronze Fire on this forum, and not a Sport.

etis.ford report has 4/27/2015 for a build date, and it was online for me on 4/28. Now I reprinted it on 5/1 because it's 4 pages with all the features listed. I ran into my dealer today, he said it's in transit and should be here in the coming week. Tricia at Ford had said 5/10, so it's getting close! Now my hubby is feeling the pressure to get my 2008 Edge ready to sell (we have a buyer). I have my STUFF emptied out--yes, I'm a typical woman who keeps everything but the kitchen sink in her vehicle! I have good intentions not to 'sow-up' the new one (my husband's phrase). But you can bet that all the hidden storage areas will be full:)

The etis report is a bit crazy with all the LESS... options that it doesn't have. I don't know what half of them are/or they aren't even options in the first place.

If I can figure out how to post pictures, mine will be the first Bronze Fire on this forum, and not a Sport.

There is a test forum at the bottom of the main forum page. You'll find some very helpful directions for posting photos. Plus you can make sure the photos are posting properly before putting them in the appropriate thread.

Looking forward to seeing the pix of your new ride!!

I sent a PM to FordService earlier this week and Meagan replied. My ETA has been moved from May 10th to the 15th (next Friday, a week from today). Sure would be nice to have it next weekend to have time to do all the techie set up stuff:) I've checked out some MFT wallpaper for the screen (already saved some on an SD card). Had my 2008 detailed and tuned-up this week, will have to touch it up again before handing it over to our buyer. Still looks great with 72,000 miles on it. Anyway, nice to have my current Edge back after driving my hubby's 2001 Bonneville for a few days.

I sent a PM to FordService earlier this week and Meagan replied. My ETA has been moved from May 10th to the 15th (next Friday, a week from today). Sure would be nice to have it next weekend to have time to do all the techie set up stuff:) I've checked out some MFT wallpaper for the screen (already saved some on an SD card). Had my 2008 detailed and tuned-up this week, will have to touch it up again before handing it over to our buyer. Still looks great with 72,000 miles on it. Anyway, nice to have my current Edge back after driving my hubby's 2001 Bonneville for a few days.

Thre is an android app for MFT.....it is pretty interactive and gives you a good working knowledge of how it works.

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Been viewing this thread ever since I was interested in getting an Edge. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a Titanium AWD with Ecoboost!! Super stoked! Just waiting to get my VIN from my dealer :love_shower:

Congrats, Louis Ve! I'm happy to track the status of your order. Just send over a PM with the order number and dealer code. I'll check it out and let you know the latest.

Mariel

Congrats, Louis Ve! I'm happy to track the status of your order. Just send over a PM with the order number and dealer code. I'll check it out and let you know the latest.

Mariel

I also ordered a 2015 Ford Edge sport and was wondering if you could also track my order. Where would I get the dealer code and order number. I have a vehicle purchase agreement which shows a Deal # and Dealer Reg No. Is this what you need.

Brian

My 2015 Ford Edge is in town at my dealer! I will either get it this evening or tomorrow night. Ordered on February 12th, so exactly 3 months for delivery. They are doing mud flaps all around for me--hope they don't detract from it's appearance too much. I'll try to get pictures posted here by this weekend...

Warranty $1,780 with no deductible for 6 years/100,000 miles. (I'll reach 6 years 1st.) Sound reasonable?

My 2015 Ford Edge is in town at my dealer! I will either get it this evening or tomorrow night. Ordered on February 12th, so exactly 3 months for delivery....

Interesting... I ordered mine the exact same date and am picking it up tonight.

April 22nd - Got off the assembly line; will sit in parking lot for 7 days

April 29th - left Oakville on train to Montreal (I assume it got there the day after)

May 8th - delivered to my dealer; I'm surprised it took so long to loaded it off the train yard (9 days)

• Like 1

I'm working on the trade in of our 2008 Edge; running it thru the dealer to save on sales tax, but we have a buyer that needs to be present also to do all the paperwork. A bit surreal at the moment after waiting so long. I have had my old Edge unload/emptied so many times, but stuff keeps creeping back in...

Mom taught me how to use MFT and key-fob in her Lincoln on Sunday, so I'm ready to roll!

EnviroGuard is the paint sealant and interior protected that I bought for $599 plus tax. 7 year warranty with a repair kit for touch ups. Covers small damage to interior fabric also. Thanks for the heads-up on car washes; I'll read the fine print when I get it. Hope it's a good product for the price. It's the only one my dealer had to offer. (7 years is the longest I usually have a vehicle, but we'll see; I'll try to keep this one as long as possible.) [Call it the 7 year itch!]

I'm ignoring the PTU discussion, BTW.

EnviroGuard is the paint sealant and interior protected that I bought for $599 plus tax. 7 year warranty with a repair kit for touch ups. Covers small damage to interior fabric also. Thanks for the heads-up on car washes; I'll read the fine print when I get it. Hope it's a good product for the price. It's the only one my dealer had to offer. (7 years is the longest I usually have a vehicle, but we'll see; I'll try to keep this one as long as possible.) [Call it the 7 year itch!]

I'm ignoring the PTU discussion, BTW.

Everyone has their opinions regarding these coatings. I would just be familiar with what the warranty covers and what voids the warranty (to try and avoid voiding) it.

Even with a sealant like that, I'd still top with a wax protection. There are a lot of spray liquid waxes these days that don't require buffing. Just spray and wipe. These spray waxes also make a nice drying aid so spray on the panel before drying it after a wash.

My husband likes Wizard products. I suppose he'll show me how and what to use, since this is 'my car'.

Just practice good washing/waxing techniques and it'll look new for a long time. My Mustang is 5 years old and spent 4 of those years outside 24/7. Paint still looks brand new due to my OCD with washing (1-3 times a week) and using the proper procedure/materials.

But be careful when using clay, polish, and some "paint cleaners" on that sealant your dealer is putting on. It may strip it off since it isn't a permanent coating.

Edited by WingNut