2015 Ford Edge ordered

JACKIE

sarflipped ... congratulations on placing your order ... the fact you are closer to Oakville than at least 95% of North Americans and the Ford dealers near you do not have inventory says a great deal about availability ... Jackie's order looks like a 90 day delivery and this may be the standard ...

Perk

Perk: when did you place your order with your dealer? It took about 4 to 5 weeks to get a VIN from my dealer. Then Tricia can work her magic and get you updates..

Sarflipped: when did you place your order with a dealer in Canada? (Thanks for joining this forum.)

~Jackie

Thanks for sending Perk our way, Jackie! :)

Tricia came back to me ( thanks so much ) and it looks like about 5 weeks from placing order until Ford establishes build/shipping schedule ...

Many , many thanks to akirby , Tricia and Jackie as well as all who contribute to this site..

Al/Perk

Our pleasure, Perk! :) Always happy to help.

I ordered last week. Do not have any info yet as to Vin number etc. Just a 6 to 8 weeks approx.from dealer. They do not even have the new models in the showroom yet either so I am not expecting to get anything even within that approx date. But am hopeful as I have a 2000km radtrip in May that would be great to do in new car!

Hey sarflipped,

Congrats on your order! :) Have you reached out to our Ford Canada Rep, Nikki, to provide you with order status updates? You can reach her here.

Nick

Edited by FordService

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I got to see a 2015 Edge Titanium in our dealer's showroom. Hubby's comment was "It's a lot different inside and out, which is for the better." This is comparing to our 2008 which we like. My first impression is that it's a lot bigger--outside is taller, larger hood, inside roomier back end. The four door handles have a thin strip of chrome which I hadn't noticed in pictures. The blue courtesy light are cool. I mostly looked at the storage areas. The arm-rest opens and the inside tray is now on a hinge, which is good. Four power points: front passenger by left knee, in arm-rest console, in middle row, and in the back end. The button to shut the back hatch is now up by the hand-grip on the door itself. In the back end there is a cubby on both sides for 'stuff'. Storage around the spare tire will be great (I use it now for my winter-survival kit). The windshield wipers look pretty huge. Glove box has single button/lock on the left side, leaving the dash area clean looking. It had a blind-spot indicator on the mirrors, but no defrost icon. Didn't get to start or drive it and it's Ruby Red--I ordered Bronze Fire; dealer said I should have it early May. So ETA of May 10th from Tricia at Ford is real close :) [only negative is the headrests--they jut forward too much for my posture, but I think all vehicles have gone this way for safety.]

• Like 1

My husband and I got to see a 2015 Edge Titanium in our dealer's showroom. Hubby's comment was "It's a lot different inside and out, which is for the better." This is comparing to our 2008 which we like. My first impression is that it's a lot bigger--outside is taller, larger hood, inside roomier back end. The four door handles have a thin strip of chrome which I hadn't noticed in pictures. The blue courtesy light are cool. I mostly looked at the storage areas. The arm-rest opens and the inside tray is now on a hinge, which is good. Four power points: front passenger by left knee, in arm-rest console, in middle row, and in the back end. The button to shut the back hatch is now up by the hand-grip on the door itself. In the back end there is a cubby on both sides for 'stuff'. Storage around the spare tire will be great (I use it now for my winter-survival kit). The windshield wipers look pretty huge. Glove box has single button/lock on the left side, leaving the dash area clean looking. It had a blind-spot indicator on the mirrors, but no defrost icon. Didn't get to start or drive it and it's Ruby Red--I ordered Bronze Fire; dealer said I should have it early May. So ETA of May 10th from Tricia at Ford is real close :) [only negative is the headrests--they jut forward too much for my posture, but I think all vehicles have gone this way for safety.]

Some things I learned while looking at the new Edge.

- The power lift gate can be set to how high you want it to lift. So if you have a canoe on top or have a low garage door, you can set it so the liftgate will only go so high and avoid an accident.

- The headrests adjust all over the place. You should be able to adjust/tilt them to your liking.

- Not sure about the "Blue Courtesy Light". That may be the ambient light option so it may not be standard across Trim levels.

- The power lift gate not only opens when you wave your foot under it......it also closes that way.

- It'll come with 6 months free Sirius/XM. After six months is up and it shuts off, you can get it for free for two more months. Just search online. No CC required. Then after that is up, call and tell them your radio shut off. Sirius will say you need a subscription and give you the options. Tell them too expensive. Do that until they offer 5-6 months for like $35 (after all fees). And keep doing it to save a lot of money over the years. I've been doing this since 2004.

-

• Like 2

My husband and I got to see a 2015 Edge Titanium in our dealer's showroom. Hubby's comment was "It's a lot different inside and out, which is for the better." This is comparing to our 2008 which we like. My first impression is that it's a lot bigger--outside is taller, larger hood, inside roomier back end...

Thanks for sharing that great review of the 2015 Edge, JACKIE.

The wait is the hardest part but it will be in your possession soon. Feel free to touch base with me whenever you like, and have a great week! :)

Tricia

We have just received an approximate ETA for our Titanium from Tricia ( much appreciated ) of 6/14/15 making it 90 days from order to delivery ... I have a question for those of you who have seen the newest Edge out and about ... do you feel the new model retains that broad shouldered appearance we feel has set it apart from similar sized SUV/CUV units..

Many thanks

Perk

FWIW I ordered an Edge Sport FWD with 401A package and moonroof on January 2. VIN ends in 30035. I was able to download a window sticker from FordEtis on April 20. Hopefully it should arrive around the end of the month. I test-drove a 2014 Titanium, and looked at my dealer's first 2015 SEL. Wife and I have been buying new Fords since 1965, and from Medford Ford since 1979. IMHO a local family-owned dealership cannot be beaten. I kid the guys that my stock dividends and share price could be a bit better, but at least the dividend rate has been bumped up recently. We’re looking forward to the new toy. The new technology is rather different, compared to my first (used) 1953 Ford. :)

We have just received an approximate ETA for our Titanium from Tricia ( much appreciated ) of 6/14/15 making it 90 days from order to delivery...

You’re welcome, Perk.

I’ll be here whenever you need a status update, just give me a shout! ;)

FWIW I ordered an Edge Sport FWD with 401A package and moonroof on January 2. VIN ends in 30035. I was able to download a window sticker from FordEtis on April 20. Hopefully it should arrive around the end of the month...

Congrats on your order, trsundstrom! :dance:

Feel free to touch base with me if you would like an update on your new ride. All you’ll need to do is PM your VIN, and I’ll take a look!

Tricia

Edited by FordService

You’re welcome, Perk.

I’ll be here whenever you need a status update, just give me a shout! ;)

Congrats on your order, trsundstrom! :dance:

Feel free to touch base with me if you would like an update on your new ride. All you’ll need to do is PM your VIN, and I’ll take a look!

Tricia

Thanks for the offer, Tricia. Sadly, I have never figured how to send a PM here, and I'm not on FB.

Go to a post made by the member you want to PM. Click once on the member's name, this will send you to their profile page. Look for the Send me a message button on the right side of the page. Click on that once to open a new PM.

If on a desktop, hover over the member's name in their post, a mini profile page will appear. Click on the Send Message button to start a new PM.

• Like 1

I just ordered my 2015 Edge Sport in Platinum White with 401A, Pana roof, and the 21" black satin rims on Friday 4/17/15. Today my dealer contacted me with the assigned VIN number and told me that it has a build date for the week of 5/18/15. When I look on www.etis.ford.com, I don't see anywhere that it references that build date. I hope that is correct. It seems very quick.

WWWPerfA_ZN0W, thanks for the information on how to send a PM. Don't know why that escaped me, but I'll attribute it to the dust covering the brain.

PeterD, if you enter your VIN at https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do the build date will be shown if the vehicle is completed and off the assembly line. My lookup now shows a date of April 17. Otherwise a dummy date is displayed. Enter your VIN at http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html to get a window sticker. At least on my tablet, the facsimile sticker automatically downloads as a PDF file. From what I read and think I understand, the sticker won't be generated until the vehicle is close to being finished on the assembly line.

Your salesman can look up your order on his terminal to see where the build process is. In my case, my special order was in paint during the second week of April. I haven't found any source on line to show the build process, and that doesn't surprise me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the offer, Tricia. Sadly, I have never figured how to send a PM here, and I'm not on FB.

Yay, I received your PM, trsundstrom!

I replied. Let me know if you have any questions, and congrats again. :)

Go to a post made by the member you want to PM. Click once on the member's name, this will send you to their profile page. Look for the Send me a message button on the right side of the page. Click on that once to open a new PM.

If on a desktop, hover over the member's name in their post, a mini profile page will appear. Click on the Send Message button to start a new PM.

You totally rock, WWWPerfA_ZN0W! :rockon:

Thanks for letting trsundstrom know the steps on how to contact me. It’s greatly appreciated.

I just ordered my 2015 Edge Sport in Platinum White with 401A, Pana roof, and the 21" black satin rims on Friday 4/17/15. Today my dealer contacted me with the assigned VIN number and told me that it has a build date for the week of 5/18/15. When I look on www.etis.ford.com, I don't see anywhere that it references that build date. I hope that is correct. It seems very quick.

Welcome to the community, Peterd16! :love_shower:

My name is Tricia, and I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. I’ll be happy to track your order and provide the latest updates. Please private message your VIN, and I’ll take a peek!

Tricia

• Like 1