2015 Ford Edge ordered

JACKIE

Laugh for the day: (Good thing this forum is anonymous)

I deleted my door code one day too soon; I'm trading it in after work today, but locked it on my lunch hour--with both sets of keys inside!

Of course the un-memorized factory code is safely hidden in the glove box.

No, I'm not blonde:)

Laugh for the day: (Good thing this forum is anonymous)

I deleted my door code one day too soon; I'm trading it in after work today, but locked it on my lunch hour--with both sets of keys inside!

Of course the un-memorized factory code is safely hidden in the glove box.

No, I'm not blonde:)

One of the first things I did was take a picture of the door code (Card on the owners manual case) and saved it on my phone. This was a tip from my father. I said it was too easy to forget.

Next night I go out, leave my Fob in the car, and when I get back to the car I draw a blank. Checked my phone...bam.

• Like 1

One of the first things I did was take a picture of the door code (Card on the owners manual case) and saved it on my phone. This was a tip from my father. I said it was too easy to forget.

Next night I go out, leave my Fob in the car, and when I get back to the car I draw a blank. Checked my phone...bam.

I thought if it detects a keyfob inside while you're trying to lock that it will deny the lock process. Happened to me this way anyway.

I thought if it detects a keyfob inside while you're trying to lock that it will deny the lock process. Happened to me this way anyway.

If you lock using the interior door switch then close the door, then it would unlock if it detects an intelligent key/fob inside. Locking the doors using the exterior keypad will always lock the doors regardless of the presence of an intelligent fob inside or not also regardless of the engine running or off.

• Like 1

If you lock using the interior door switch then close the door, then it would unlock if it detects an intelligent key/fob inside. Locking the doors using the exterior keypad will always lock the doors regardless of the presence of an intelligent fob inside or not also regardless of the engine running or off.

Learn something new everyday... thanks for the info.

To get the grey area, click "Quote" at the bottom right of the person's post. To type within he gray area, you can just click to where you want to type, and go for it. I suggest not doing that unless you make it clear what you are writing vs. what they wrote.

• Like 1

My 2015 Ford Edge is in town at my dealer! I will either get it this evening or tomorrow night. Ordered on February 12th, so exactly 3 months for delivery...

Interesting... I ordered mine the exact same date and am picking it up tonight...

Im glad to see you are finally getting your new edge.....my wife and I are really enjoying ours!

Happy Friday, Ford Fam! :dance:

I’m glad to learn that you all are enjoying your sweet rides. Don’t forget to check out the Ford Owner website here. You can set appointments, check your maintenance schedule, take advantage of the great offers/rebates, and much more!

As always, I’ll be here if you need me.

There have been 7 updates on the PTU? Owners of 2014s still having problems with the PTUs. Same PTU unit with just another band aid added?

Simple question, has the PTU on the 2015 EDGE and MKX been completely fixed of past problems?

Dshamer,

I recommend contacting your Ford Dealer and speaking to a service manager. They are in the best position to answer your inquiry.

Tricia from Ford Service ROCKS !

Thank you for the kind words, rwf78155.

What a way to kickstart the weekend, and I hope you have a great one as well! :headspin:

Tricia

I didn't take possession last night because I want them to do the interior/exterior treatment today. But here's a picture to hold us over...

That's a great looking ride!! I love the color. May it provide many enjoyable miles down the road.

• Like 1

Hi Jackie...did we miss your comments and maybe photos of the delivery of your new ride ie: is it all you expected or anything you would change or recommend to others ..

Wingnut ...appreciate your tip on photo of door code,,

Perk

Perk: I've made some posts in the First Impressions forum/thread. Only one picture uploaded so far. Weather hasn't been the best here, but I'll work on it. Hubby and I are getting used to the color (Bronze Fire) because it isn't traditional like black, red, or white. Today was the first time I drove it further than my 4 mile commute. The BLIS blind spot lights in the mirror will be nice. Most recently figured out how to touch the top of the door handle to lock it. And holding the door handle until I hear the unlock click before pulling on the handle. I set up my SiriusXM account online and programmed preset stations. I've never had it, nor will renew it, but will enjoy it for 6 months. Turned on heated steering today which is immediately warm, not too hot. I wish there was an indicator light by the letter gear by the shifter, like my 2008 Edge, but that one didn't have it on the dash--Ford: Put indicator light in both places for people like me:)

We are both happy with the new vehicle. Still under 200 miles after one week of ownership. Maybe a 2 1/2 hour road-trip this holiday weekend to break it in better. I think I have the owners manual memorized, but don't understand it all. More later...

Go see my ALBUM! I put four photos in it. You can find it in the GALLERY.

I've had it for a week, and it's been rainy and I have a gravel driveway, so the sides show the dust. It's stayed pretty clean otherwise and not spotty so maybe the extra treatment the dealer did was worth the money.

Where the sun hits it the metallic shows very well. I'd call it a bronze/copper in the sun (but not red/burgundy). In the shade it's brown, but not so dark that it looks black like some of Ford's browns in recent years.

I went with ebony/black interior leather. I suppose Cognac would have blended well, but I didn't want the tri-color look.

You can see how the 19" rims, round exhaust and chrome grille differ from the Sport model. Please share any other difference you notice.

Mud flaps/splash guards are barely visible in the first picture. My husband thinks they won't do much, but that's fine; I'm sure they'll help a little and don't look gaudy.

Jackie ... thanks for the pix ... very nice color and those wheels look nice ... didn't know there were mud flaps ... what do you tow with the hitch? just curious,is there a 110v plug in and where is it located ... can you tell if the mph speed sensitive wipers make a difference ... are the small triangular running lights on all of the time ... is it quieter/faster/roomier than your old Edge ... what is your favorite thing about the new one? Still havent been inside one and ours is still a month away.

Perk

Root Beer is what a friend called my bronze fire color--quite accurate! I have gotten positive feedback on the color.

I'll only use the hitch for a bike rack. So the wiring harness wasn't necessary but I wanted a factory install so got the trailer tow package.

I have the wipers on Courtsy wipe, not rain sensitive so don't know about MPH compensation.

The 110 outlet is in the middle row, so on the backside of the center console next to the power point. There is a little cubby back there too that I think a cell phone would fit in.

DRL daytime running lights are the triangles and are on all the time as long as the lights are in the Automatic position and the car is in gear. And they are turned on in the information display setting in the left hand screen on the dash.

Quieter? Don't sure. Seems to have a bit of window wind noise.

Roomier: yes in the backend and in the front-the dash seems deeper to the windshield. (I haven't sat in the mide row.) cargo/storage areas: glove box, center console, and on the doors are all smaller.

Power: not sure because I haven't pushed it yet. MPH was up to 24 on a two road trip with cruise at 60 & 70. Not bad for AWD vehicle.

Favorite thing so far is the smooth ride (& I didn't think the '08 was rough.)

That last month of waiting for delivery was torcher, so it was a bit surreal when it finally arrived.

Hi Jackie ... whatever the wait was , you survived it nicely ( wouldn't spell check be nice) ... anything further with the wind noise as this could be a real concern ... what color have you settled on for the ambient lighting ... do the rear seat backs recline a bit ... there are so many things on this new vehicle I have never experienced that I am anxious to see if they really have any effect ie: grill shutters , auto stop/start , acoustic glass ,twin- scroll, curve control , inflateable seat belts , not to mention some type of air vector around wheels/body ... all of this from various information sources as the dealer hardly has a piece of literature and no other 2015 Edge models on order ... I do hope this vehicle is much better than Ford's launch timing and training program ...

Perk

Perk: I don't have all the features that you mentioned because I don't have a Sport or the highest package. I have a Titanium 301A Equipment Group. The 302A Group is primarily safety features like front camera, etc. (Sorry for the typo, but I was on small iPhone sitting by the campfire with minimal internet speed; and 'kinda' sleepy.) My dad liked my new ride the best, but everyone else was just probably envious/jealous!

Wipers: In the Left Information display--Settings--Vehicle--Wipers>Leave the box for Courtesy wipe Un-checked. But the wipers still don't turn on by themselves. The right-hand wiper lever needs to be moved UP one (what would be the Intermittent mode) and then it will sense rain on the windshield. I could still over-ride this and move lever UP two or three for normal and high speed wipe. Two advantages: I have my lights on "A" automatic, so when the wipers come on so does the low-beam headlights ; and when I put it in Reverse the rear wiper comes on also. (I thought the wipers would turn on automatically in the car wash, but they shouldn't if I leave the lever in the OFF position.) --I didn't want to have to go into Setting every time I went thru a car wash.

Jackie ... boy this is confusing as the product changes/features listing I have shows the rain-sensing wipers included in the 302A group only , although you may have ordered them extra ... I also see the inflatable safety belts are in the 302A as well ... I still wonder if you have the auto start/stop ... I believe you do have grille shutters , acoustic front side glass and slight recline to the rear seat backs ... we ordered the Titanium 300A plus Pano roof #43P and Tech pkg. #51T additional and are expecting these features and more ... it would be wonderful to be able to get all of this info in one place ... did you have shmores at your camp fire?

Perk

PS: anything further on the wind noise ?

Jackie ... boy this is confusing as the product changes/features listing I have shows the rain-sensing wipers included in the 302A group only , although you may have ordered them extra--NOPE, NOT AN EXTRA IN MY PKG.

... I also see the inflatable safety belts--I DOUBT I HAVE THESES...are in the 302A as well

...I still wonder if you have the auto start/stop--I MAY HAVE TURNED THIS SETTING OFF.

... I believe you do have grille shutters--THIS DOESN'T EVEN SHOW UP IN THE PDF MANUAL, SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS/DOES. (Maybe if I'd look under the hood I'd see something.)

, acoustic front side glass--INCLUDED IN UPPER TWO TRIM LEVELS (so is that all Titanium and Sport, not SE or SEL?)

and slight recline to the rear seat backs--YES, EVEN MY OLD EDGE HAD THIS (taller people will appreciate this in the middle row)

... we ordered the Titanium 300A plus Pano roof #43P and Tech pkg. #51T additional and are expecting these features and more ... it would be wonderful to be able to get all of this info in one place...EVEN THE PDF MANUAL I'M USING SAYS 'if equipped' BY MANY OPTIONS, SO I DON'T KNOW UNTIL I TRY IT...

... did you have shmores at your camp fire?--NOPE, NOT EVEN POPCORN:(

Perk

PS: anything further on the wind noise ? I USUALLY HAVE THE RADIO ON, SO NOTHING NEW. ~JACKIE (in CAPS)

ONLY EXTRAS I PAID FOR WAS ALL-WEATHER FLOOR MATS AND TOW PACKAGE. (For me it worked out well that Ford had everything I wanted all in one nice bundle!)

FYI: ORANGE, which looks amber, IS THE COLOR OF INTERIOR LIGHTING I CHOOSE; but I don't notice it very often because I don't drive after dark much and the courtesy lighting is all blue.

REAR-CAMERA: I set it to DELAY, so it stays on a moment after I've shifted from Reverse to Drive.