Who moderate the moderators?

carguy75

A moderator by the title of akirby have just locked a oil change thread because someone do not agree with his/her opinion.

I believe that akirby is wrong and behaves very unprofessional by abusing his/her power as an moderator.

Furthermore, this moderator is very argumentative and childish.

He locked a thread because someone disagreed with him, and he could not prove his point.

Therefore, I believe that akirby should be moderated by his peers in my opinion and not be allowed to argue with forum members and then be able to lock a thread because his feelings got hurt.

Sad.

However, i admit to getting a little smart in my comments, but i am being provoked by an moderator.

It should be the other way around with me being the aggressor, not an moderator.

If akirby disagrees with my opinion it is fine, but why does it have to be his/her way or the highway especially when they are disrespectful about how they disagree.

I was under the impression that members are free to post their different point of views without being harassed, especially by an moderator who is supposed to stop that kind of behavior.

Edited by carguy75

The owner of the site is Robert Lane. You can PM him - his id is robertlane.

The thread was locked because it became argumentative with no end in sight and nothing was to be gained by leaving it open except further arguing.

You post things that are false and argue about it even when faced with evidence to the contrary. You need to learn the difference between opinions and facts. And that wasn't coming just from me.

If you want to keep posting here, stop posting things that are false and stop being so argumentative when someone points it out. And stop complaining.

Consider this the warning.

• Like 2

I am against over moderation but I have to agree with this one. This is why I normally stay out of "Oil" threads. Lots of money is wasted on this subject but people have the right to change their oil every 500 miles if they want to. Some of the comments that were being made in that thread were just way off though. In this case, keeping it open was pointless.

TBH, locking the thread doesn't really serve a purpose here. Another thread can be created just as easily. Short of banning the member, it is a loud warning, but futile at best. It is pretty easy to see when a conversation isn't really going where you would want it to. So keep your responses to a minimum, address/present facts, and leave it at that. If the other party accepts them, great, if not, so be it. Facts are not always so, just as "science" is not "truth". Let the reader decide for themselves after that.

• Like 1